Le refuge ^_^

Recherche Avancée...

Les Blogs ^_^ Forum S'enregistrer Liste des Membres Groupes d'utilisateurs L'herbier Logithèque
Chat Irc!
Jeux  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum Le garde manger EAGAN , Minn. Terence Newman was among
      Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure  

Lun Nov 05, 2018 6:35
Message Auteur Message
linchao
Dahu
Dahu

L'humeur de linchao sur www.imood.com

Sujet du message:  EAGAN , Minn. Terence Newman was among Répondre en citant

the many members of the Minnesota Vikings saddened by the release of 11-year veteran defensive end Brian Robison, one of the most difficult moves made during the Matt Wile Color Rush Jersey weekend roster reduction.The departure of the team’s longest-tenured player made Newman think even deeper about the passage of time and his place in the game. Soon after Robison was let go, then, Newman accepted an offer to serve as the assistant defensive backs coach and thus declare his retirement as a player.More Vikings coverageVikings coordinators: Defending Brees, Holton Hill’s role, a Minneapolis Miracle story and moreWATCH: The second annual Minnesota Sports AwardsVikings welcome Everson Griffen back to practiceVikings captain Griffen returns to team activitiesVikings Snap Counts: Rookie Hill shines with Rhodes ailing“Probably why I was so OK with doing what I did,” Newman said. “It’s tough, but I feel like having experienced so much stuff, met so many people, for me it’s not a hard transition. Some people get depressed and they have a hard time leaving the game, but I’ve loved this game since the day I played it.”Standing behind a podium on Monday at team headquarters to discuss his unexpected decision, Newman began to tear up. He paused, looking down with his hand pressed against his forehead.“It was my time, you know?” Newman said, after composing himself.Vikings coach Mike Zimmer presented the opportunity to Newman on Saturday, when NFL teams had to reach the 53-man limit for the regular season. Newman, who will turn 40 on Tuesday, said he could’ve kept his spot on the roster if he preferred to keep playing. That would’ve meant releasing a younger player.“At some point, you have to be true to yourself and say, ‘Hey, do I want to keep going forward, have a chance to maybe tear up your back or neck or whatever?'” Newman said. “Some of the younger talent, obviously, you have to either say Sheldon Richardson Jersey , ‘I’ll be selfish,’ and maybe take the roster spot or get somebody else an opportunity to live their dream. So, it was pretty easy. Everybody’s asking me if I’m OK and all this. I’m good. I’m still in football. I still have an opportunity to chase a Super Bowl ring.”10View Gallery Gallery:Top Tweets: This Vikings photo is just begging for a caption contestNewman signed with the Vikings in 2015, the third stop in his career. He played for Zimmer, then a defensive coordinator, with Dallas and Cincinnati too.“Helping out some of the younger guys, it’s a form of coaching, I guess,” Newman said. “And I think everybody just assumed that I would do it, so I would like to give it a shot.”The fifth overall pick in the 2003 draft was then asked how he anticipated his life outside of football being different.“If the hours are anything like yesterday, it’s going to change drastically,” said Newman, whose 42 interceptions were the most among active players following the retirement this spring of DeAngelo Hall. “I’m not going to have many friends outside of this building, that’s for sure.”Newman’s shift to the sideline puts Mackensie Alexander (age 24) in the nickel cornerback spot and Mike Hughes (age 21) as the next in line. Robison’s release paved the way for Stephen Weatherly (age 24) and Tashawn Bower (age 23) to become the primary backups to Everson Griffen and Danielle Hunter.“The guy had an awesome career and he played at a high level,” Griffen said. “Do I wish he was here? Of course. I miss my brother. In this league, in this business, the train’s going to keep on moving.”Even the punter, Ryan Quigley, was jettisoned on Sunday after Matt Wile was available on waivers after being let go by Pittsburgh, with the Vikings picking a 26-year-old over a 28-year-old. Wile punted for Arizona and Atlanta in 2016, but was not on a roster in 2017.“We just didn’t feel like we were punting very well in the preseason,” Zimmer said. For now, it appears that Minnesota Vikings receiver Laquon Treadwell‘s hold on the No. 3 receiver spot remains secure.Treadwell played on a career-high 88 percent of the Vikings’ snaps on offense in their 27-6 loss to the Buffalo Bills on Sunday, out-snapping fellow receiver Stefon Diggs.More Vikings coverageVikings coordinators: Defending Brees Dan Bailey Jersey Black Friday , Holton Hill’s role, a Minneapolis Miracle story and moreWATCH: The second annual Minnesota Sports AwardsVikings welcome Everson Griffen back to practiceVikings captain Griffen returns to team activitiesVikings Snap Counts: Rookie Hill shines with Rhodes ailingQuestions about Treadwell’s role surfaced after the third-year receiver struggled with drops and other miscues in Week 2.The Vikings were publically supportive of Treadwell despite a poor showing in Green Bay — he caught just two passes on six targets, including a bobbled pass that resulted in an interception — but their moves behind the scenes told a slightly different story.Minnesota signed veteran receiver Aldrick Robinson, a former Washington teammate of quarterback Kirk Cousins, later in the week.However, Robinson’s Vikings debut consisted of just eight snaps, while Treadwell had a solid, if unspectacular, day, catching all four passes thrown his way and finishing with 33 receiving yards.Regardless, Cousins didn’t look Treadwell’s way often against Buffalo.Adam Thielen was Cousins’ go-to option once again, racking up 19 targets, while Diggs had 10. Running back Latavius Murray — who started in place of the injured Dalvin Cook — had seven targets, while fellow runner C.J. Ham and tight end Kyle Rudolph each had six.Other notes from Sunday’s game:— Center Pat Elflein made his season debut, playing 22 snaps.— Defensive tackle Tom Johnson, who returned to the Vikings last week after a stint in Seattle, played 22 snaps on defense.— Cornerback Trae Waynes left Sunday’s game in the first quarter, playing just 16 snaps on defense.— Rookie tackle Brian O’Neill played 47 snaps in his second career game, up from 32 snaps in Week 2.— Defensive end Stephen Weatherly started his first career game in place of Everson Griffen, playing on 51 snaps.— Rookie defensive back Mike Hughes was heavily involved once again, playing 79 snaps on defense in addition to his role on special teams.
I can show you all the sports, strength, and even passion. Welcome, I sincerely serve you, everything is for you. You can call me "Lin" and welcome to our sports kingdom——http://www.chicagobearsteamonline.com We will be happy to serve you. 

linchao n'est pas connecté  View user's profile Send private message Visiter le site web du posteur
      Remonter...  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum Le garde manger EAGAN , Minn. Terence Newman was among