Le refuge ^_^

Recherche Avancée...

Les Blogs ^_^ Forum S'enregistrer Liste des Membres Groupes d'utilisateurs L'herbier Logithèque
Chat Irc!
Jeux  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum La boussole du refuge www.giantsjerseyproshop.com
      Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure  

Sam Juin 15, 2019 2:40
Message Auteur Message
liny195
Moniteur
Moniteur

Sujet du message:  www.giantsjerseyproshop.com Répondre en citant

Dave Gettleman Rhett Ellison Jerseys 2019 , Pat Shurmur give their reasoning"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections New York Giants NewsGiants Training Camp 2016Giants vs. Eagles 2015, Week 17New York Giants News2019 NFL DraftWhy the Giants selected Dexter Lawrence, Deandre BakerNew,130commentsDave Gettleman, Pat Shurmur give their reasoningEDTShareTweetShareShareWhy the Giants selected Dexter Lawrence, Deandre BakerChristopher Hanewinckel-USA TODAY SportsEntering the 2019 NFL Draft the New York Giants knew that they had to add talent to their defense. GM Dave Gettleman said a number of times the team didn’t have enough defensive play makers last season, and would have won more games during a 5-11 season if it could have made some late-game stops.After trading away Olivier Vernon, and losing Landon Collins, Kerry Wynn, Josh Mauro, Mario Edwards and Connor Barwin, you knew the Giants would emphasize defense in the draft.Thus, Gettleman used the 17th overall pick on monstrous defensive tackle Dexter Lawrence and engineered a trade up to select cornerback Deandre Baker with the 30th pick. Both should be instant starters.Here is what Gettleman and coach Pat Shurmur said about the two defensive players.Dexter LawrenceGettleman: “We got me a hog mollie! Dexter Lawrence White Calvin Munson Jerseys , he might have been the biggest player in the draft, I don’t know. He’s a quality run player and he’s more than just a two-down run player. This kid can push the pocket and he can have an impact on the pass rush. That’s why we took him at 17 and we are thrilled ... He’s versatile, he’s got hips, he can flip to rush the passer and we are thrilled to have him.”Shurmur: “Dexter, I was with (Vikings DT) Linval Joseph, who all of you know, in Minnesota and he sort of reminded me of him. He’s sneaky with the pass rush, but he’s really good on first, second down and the run game stuff. Tremendous human being and he’s a big guy and I think you win with big people.”Gettleman on Lawrence’s lack of pass rush productivity in college ...“Here’s what I want you to understand. This is where numbers don’t tell all the story. Defensive tackles can affect the pass rush if they get consistent inside push. How many times have you guys watched a game, and the ends come screaming off the corner, and the quarterback steps up, and there’s nobody there. You get inside pass rush, those ends come screaming off the corner Calvin Munson Jerseys 2019 , they’re going to affect it, and if the guy is getting push, the quarterback is going to step up and Dexter will give him a kiss.”On not getting an edge rusher with any of the first three picks ...“Rome wasn’t built in a day. Oh and by the way, (LB) Lorenzo Carter had 5.5 sacks last year.”Deandre BakerGettleman: “The last guy we traded up for we feel is the best cover corner in the draft, the kid from Georgia, Deandre Baker. We feel like we got three guys that are going to impact this franchise for a long time.”Shurmur: “Dave did it, he got Deandre Baker. He’s a cover corner. The thing that impressed me most on tape was how stinking competitive he is. He’s very confident and he’s very competitive and I think when he’s faced with a challenge of a good wide out, he’s going to accept the challenge.”Giants injury news, 10/4: CB Eli Apple a full practice participant The New York Giants appear to be getting a bit healthier as they prepare for Sunday’s game against the Carolina Panthers. Per media members at practice, several injured players participated in Thursday’s practice in some fashion.Connor Barwin (knee), Eli Apple (groin), Damon Harrison (knee), Sterling Shepard (back) White Ray-Ray Armstrong Jerseys , Cody Latimer (knee), Olivier Vernon (ankle), Evan Engram (knee) and Antonio Hamilton (groin) all took part in practice. Engram worked on the side with trainers. Apple, Barwin, Latimer and Shepard were all listed as full participants. Harrison, Hamilton and Vernon were limited.At 1-3, there is a fear in the fan base that the team is heading for a disaster similar to last season’s 3-13 record.The Giants know the situation they are in.“You never panic, but there is always urgency, and right is right, and right is playing well and winning,” coach Pat Shurmur said. “There’s never panic. There’s always urgency.”Week 6 Injury ReportPlayerPositionInjuryTues.Wed.Game StatusPlayerPositionInjuryTues.Wed.Game Status

liny195 n'est pas connecté  View user's profile Send private message Visiter le site web du posteur
      Remonter...  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum La boussole du refuge www.giantsjerseyproshop.com