Le refuge ^_^

Recherche Avancée...

Les Blogs ^_^ Forum S'enregistrer Liste des Membres Groupes d'utilisateurs L'herbier Logithèque
Chat Irc!
Jeux  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum La boussole du refuge www.billsjerseysproshop.com
      Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure  

Mar Juin 18, 2019 7:36
Message Auteur Message
liny195
Moniteur
Moniteur

Sujet du message:  www.billsjerseysproshop.com Répondre en citant

With a laugh White Shaq Lawson Jerseys , Kim Pegula's competitive nature kicked in when the subject of the Toronto Maple Leafs hiring Hayley Wickenheiser was broached.Impressed as the Sabres president was by the gender-breaking move in August, Pegula's first reaction was wondering how Buffalo's cross-border rival beat her to the punch in making Wickenheiser the NHL's first woman to hold a hockey operations role as assistant director of player development."Darn it," Pegula said, smiling. "I wish I would've done it first."The NHL's first female team president then turned serious."No, I was very glad to see that. I think it's a long time coming," Pegula said. "That's going to have staying power."Wickenheiser was amused when informed of Pegula's initial reaction, hoping other teams such as the Sabres will follow the Maple Leafs in breaking hockey's glass ceiling."Well, that's a good thing," said Wickenheiser, a five-time Olympian and one of the most accomplished women in hockey. "I don't see why we won't see women in other positions like this in the near future."The Maple Leafs also added Noelle Needham as an amateur scout 鈥?only the third women to hold such a job in league history 鈥?in another move buttressing the idea that the NHL is making progress in welcoming women to key roles."I think respect, courage, getting over tradition, being brave enough to think outside the box is what took so long," Wickenheiser said."Hockey's a very traditional game, very old school in a lot of ways. And the new generation of leadership coming in doesn't think the same way as the old school did," she added. "It's just an evolution of where we're at as a society. And I think hockey's following along with it."Pegula, who with her husband Terry also own the NFL's Buffalo Bills, took over the president's title of both teams in May after Russ Brandon resigned over an alleged inappropriate relationship with a female employee. Rather than hire a new president with both teams breaking in new coaches and general managers, Pegula took over to provide stability.Inroads are being made at the league office, too. In the past two years, ,the NHL has hired Heidi Browning as chief marketing officer, and Kim Davis as executive vice president of social impact, growth initiatives and legislative affairs.NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman stressed the importance of encouraging diversity in a league he says has a fan base almost evenly split between men and women."We want our clubs and our league to hire the most qualified people. But we want to consider applicants with every sort of background," Bettman told The Associated Press. "Diversity is a strength in all forms. So as we're continuing to evolve and grow, having the resource of lots of different people with lots of different backgrounds and experience is only going to make the game stronger."Wickenheiser has long criticized the NHL's lack of diversity, especially when it comes to hiring women as compared with North America's other major professional sports.Dawn Braid was pro hockey's first full-time female assistant in being hired as the Arizona Coyotes skating coach in 2016; she is no longer with the team after a two-year stint.The NBA now features two female assistant coaches, including Becky Hammon, who interviewed for the Milwaukee Bucks head-coaching vacancy in spring. In the NFL, Pegula's Bills were the first to hire a full-time female assistant, Kathryn Smith, in 2016, and in August appointed Phoebe Schecter to a season-long coaching internship.Finally, the NHL is catching up, with Wickenheiser saying: "If you're only hiring white men, you're probably missing out on a lot of talent that's out there."Wickenheiser's qualifications are hard to match, male or female. The 40-year-old won four gold medals and a silver, and is the Winter Games career leader with 18 goals and 51 points upon retiring in January 2017.Even though she is pursuing a degree in medicine at the University of Calgary, Wickenheiser jumped at general manager Kyle Dubas' offer to mentor Leafs' prospects both in western Canada and during monthly trips to Toronto.Wickenheiser acknowledged there's added pressure on her to succeed."I think it would be silly to ignore that fact. So yeah, I feel that expectation," she said.And yet, it's no different from the challenges she faced playing on the international stage and in various men's leagues during her 23-year career."To me, it feels pretty natural," she said. "There's something a little bit disarming about it that makes it in some ways easier to have that conversation. They know I'm not a threat to them, because I'm on their side."Pegula's rise to becoming one of the most influential women in sports grew from modest beginnings. She was an orphan in South Korea before being adopted in 1974, and eventually grew up outside of Rochester, New York."I really don't take that for granted, and I realize the situation I'm in," she said of her childhood. "There's nothing I can complain about. And I hope I never lose that excitement and energy of what I do, good or bad, wins and losses."The Pegulas are newcomers to sports. They purchased the Sabres in February 2011, a year after Terry Pegula sold his Marcellus Shale natural gas drilling rights for $4.7 billion to Royal Dutch Shell. Some 3 1/2 years later, they secured the Bills' long-term future in western New York by buying the franchise after the death of owner Ralph Wilson.Kim Pegula acknowledged there's been a steep learning curve in going from being a season-ticket holder to the owner's box of a sports empire that also includes the National Women's Hockey League 's Buffalo Beauts.Pegula regards her role as an equal partnership with her husband, though their interests in approaching their teams differ, which is a reflection of their 25 years in marriage. Terry Pegula enjoys studying film, player development and paying careful attention during games, while Kim veers more toward game presentation, fan amenities and player needs."For Terry, I call him 'a wild-catter' in the oil and gas business. What he loves is finding and developing natural gas fields," she said. "I'm more, and I think it comes from being a mom, whether it's problem solving Shaq Lawson Jerseys 2019 , figuring things out, getting things done. Execution."It was Kim who played a big role in designing the Sabres and Bills new locker rooms and player lounges.Pegula won't, as she put it, tell coach Phil Housley how to run his power play, but she did have a say in hiring him, and takes a personal approach in getting to know each player.Upon signing with the Sabres in July, goalie Carter Hutton recalled how Pegula texted his wife asking if she needed help getting settled. Pegula then sent gift baskets to Hutton's wife and children."For someone in a position like that to reach out and take the time to really make sure my wife felt comfortable was really important," Hutton said, noting that didn't happen in his previous four stops. "It makes the transition easier for me to focus on playing hockey when everything else is taken care of at home."Pegula is pleased with NHL's emphasis on diversity."What we have now and women being seen in these roles, that trickles down," Pegula said. "So in 10 years, you're going to have qualified coaches available, not just one, much more of a handful."Wickenheiser foresees opportunities opening up on numerous fronts for women, from officiating, coaching to management."Yeah, anything's possible," she said, before breaking into a laugh when asked about her next step."Honestly, I have given that zero thought," Wickenheiser said. "I'm just trying to get through today." A thumbnail look at the players selected in the first round of the NFL draft Thursday night (x-denotes early entry).1. Arizona (3-13)x-Kyler Murray, QB, 5-10, 205, Oklahoma.Strengths: Athletic with a strong arm, nice touch and solid accuracy.Weaknesses: Kyler Murray is small. You might have heard.Fact: First player taken in the first rounds of both the NFL and MLB drafts. Follows former teammate Baker Mayfield as the No. 1 overall choice, making Oklahoma the first school since Southern California in 1968-69 to produce the top pick in back-to-back years.2. San Francisco (4-12)x-Nick Bosa, DE, 6-4, 266 pounds, Ohio State.Strengths: Quick off the edge and relentless, just like his brother, Chargers star Joey Bosa.Weaknesses: Maybe some durability concerns because last year’s season-ending injury cut short the one season in which Bosa would have gotten a large volume of snaps.Fact: He’s Ohio State’s highest draft pick since offensive tackle Orlando Pace went No. 1 to the St. Louis Rams in 1997.3. New York Jets (4-12)x-Quinnen Williams, DL, 6-6, 303, Alabama.Strengths: Nearly unblockable last season with a combination of quickness, power and strong handsWeaknesses: Could nitpick about his weight as he might be more comfortable playing in the 290s. That’s about it.Fact: One-year starter who made a case as the best player in college football in 2018 and now the highest-drafted Alabama defensive player since Cornelius Bennett in 1987.4. Oakland Raiders (4-12)Clelin Ferrell, DE, 6-4, 264, Clemson.Strengths: Solid in most areas and good at getting off blocks to finish plays.Weaknesses: Sort of the opposite of Rashan Gary; not quite the athlete but plenty of production.Fact: All-American last season with 21 sacks in his final two years.5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-11)x-Devin White, LB, 6-0, 237, LSU.Strengths: Covers lots of ground and crushes ball carriers when he arrives.Weaknesses: Can get out of position. More fast than instinctual.Fact: Butkus Award winner as nation’s best linebacker in 2018 led the SEC with 123 tackles.6. New York Giants (5-11)Daniel Jones, QB, 6-5, 231, Duke.Strengths: Combo of size and athleticism is top level.Weaknesses: Decision-making was often questionable and release needs to be sped up.Fact: Three years as a starter under coach David Cutcliffe, aka the guy who coached Peyton and Eli Manning in college.7. Jacksonville Jaguars (5-11)Josh Allen, DE, 6-5, 262, Kentucky.Strengths: Size, speed, athleticism are all ideal. Even some room to add a few pounds if necessary.Weaknesses: Some technique could use polishing, but not much to complain about.Fact: Won Bednarik Award and Nagurski Trophy as top defensive player in college football last season.8. Detroit Lions (6-10)x-T.J. Hockenson, TE, 6-5, 251, Iowa.Strengths: Best combination of athleticism White Adolphus Washington Jerseys , receiving skills and blocking in the class.Weaknesses: Needs to fill out and become a more reliable blocker to reach star status.Fact: John Mackey Award winner as nation’s best tight end last year.9. Buffalo Bills (6-10)x-Ed Oliver, DT, 6-2, 287, Houston.Strengths: Lateral quickness, burst and ability to finish plays like a linebacker.Weaknesses: Short and was allowed to roam and slant in college.Fact: Knee problem cut junior season short, but won Outland Trophy as nation’s top lineman as sophomore.10. Pittsburgh Steelers (9-6)x-Devin Bush, LB, 5-11, 234, Michigan.Strengths: Fast and reliable in pass coverage.Weaknesses: Undersized, with a frame that might be maxed out, unlike Devin White.Fact: Led Michigan in tackles the past two seasons.Cincinnati Bengals (6-10)11. Jonah Williams, OT, 6-4, 302, Alabama.Strengths: Sound technician and good athlete.Weaknesses: Shorter than ideal arms and relatively small frame for tackle could necessitate move to guard.Fact: Three-year starter who moved to left tackle as a sophomore and was an All-American as a junior.12. Green Bay Packers (6-9-1)x-Rashan Gary, DE, 6-4, 277, Michigan.Strengths: Top-flight athlete with good power, long arms and sturdy against the run.Weaknesses: Pass-rush production was spotty. Had 10½ sacks in three seasons, though was often used to tie up blockers.Fact: Consensus No. 1 overall recruit coming out of high school in 2016.13. Miami Dolphins (7-9)Christian Wilkins, DT, 6-3, 315, Clemson.Strengths: Team leader, with position versatility and good athleticism.Weaknesses: Length and point-of-attack strength are less-than-ideal.Fact: First Clemson scholarship football player to earn a degree in 2½ years.14. Atlanta Falcons (7-9)Chris Lindstrom, OG, 6-4, 308, Boston College.Strengths: Good bloodlines. Father Chris Lindstrom Sr. is in the BC Hall of Fame and played three years in the NFL. Uncle and brother also played at BC.Weaknesses: Needs to work on screen blocking.Fact: He joins a Falcons offensive line that needs help after giving up 108 quarterback hits and was 31st in runs for no gain or losses.15. Washington Redskins (7-9)x-Dwayne Haskins, QB, 6-3, 230, Ohio State.Strengths: Big guy with a big arm who commands his offense.Weaknesses: Heavy-footed and prone to fall back against pressure. Only 14 career starts.Fact: Led the nation with 4,831 yards passing and 50 touchdowns last season.16. Carolina Panthers (7-9)x-Brian Burns, DE, 6-5, 249, Florida State.Strengths: Super quick and agile.Weaknesses: Light, with thin frame. Could be more of a third-down pass rusher than every-down player.Fact: Seven forced fumbles and three blocked kicks in his three-year career.17. New York Giants (5-11)x-Dexter Lawrence, DT, 6-4, 342, Clemson.Strengths: Massive, but pretty light on his feet.Weaknesses: Limited pass-rush potential, could slow him in pass-happy NFL.Fact: Suspended for last season’s College Football Playoff for failing an NCAA test for performance-enhancing drugs. Has said he had no idea why he failed the test.18. Minnesota VikingsGarrett Bradbury, C, 6-3, 306, North Carolina State.Strengths: Strong, lean and instinctive.Weaknesses: Better in pass protection than drive blocking for the run.Fact: High school tight end who developed into All-America center.19. Tennessee Titans (9-7)x-Jeffery Simmons, DT, 6-4, 301, Mississippi State.Strengths: Big, perfectly proportioned athlete who consistently produces.Weaknesses: Tore a ligament in his left knee in pre-draft workouts.Fact: Was involved in a fight with a woman, whom he punched several times, while still in high school. Pleaded no contest to simple assault charge.20. Denver Broncos (6-10)x-Noah Fant, TE, 6-4 Youth Taron Johnson Jerseys , 249, Iowa.Strengths: Speed and athleticism aplenty.Weaknesses: Might be more of a slot receiver, motion-type tight end.Fact: Fant was the hyped Iowa tight end going into last season, but Hockenson’s emergence probably held down some of his production. Fant had 39 catches for 519 yards and seven touchdowns.21. Green Bay Packers (6-9-1)Darnell Savage, S, 5-11, 198, Maryland.Strengths: Playmaking ability and athleticism.Weaknesses: Not ideal size for a safety and he needs to polish his open-field tackling.Fact: Ran a 4.36-second 40-yard dash at the scouting combine and moved up draft boards after that.22. Philadelphia Eagles (9-7)Andre Dillard, OT, 6-5, 315, Washington State.Strengths: Excellent athleticism and carries his weight comfortably.Weaknesses: Needs to show more power as a run blocker.Fact: Former two-star recruit who redshirted as a freshman and became a three-year starter at tackle.23. Houston Texas (11-5)Tytus Howard, OT, 6-5, 322, Alabama StateStrengths: Athletic and hard-working, he transitioned from playing quarterback in high school and gained 87 pounds and grew 2 inches in college.Weaknesses: Raw physically and needs to raise his offensive line play IQ.Fact: First Alabama State player to go in the first round.24. Oakland Raiders (4-12)x-Josh Jacobs, RB, 5-10, 220, Alabama.Strengths: Bursts through holes and knocks tacklers back. Complete back who can block and catch.Weaknesses: Will need to be better at avoiding contact at the next level.Fact: Thanks to Alabama’s wealth of talent, Jacobs left college with only 299 touches from scrimmage.25. Baltimore Ravens (10-6)x-Marquise Brown, WR, 5-9, 166, Oklahoma.Strengths: Explosive speed and elusiveness.Weaknesses: Skinny and short.Fact: Cousin of Antonio Brown is nicknamed “Hollywood” for his Florida hometown and star qualities.26. Washington Redskins (7-9)Montez Sweat, DE, 6-6, 260, Mississippi State.Strengths: Among freaky athletes, Sweat might be the freakiest with his 4.4 speed.Weaknesses: A little top heavy means he needs to upgrade against the run.Fact: Two-time first-team all-Southeastern Conference and second-team All-American last season.27. Oakland Raiders (4-12)Johnathan Abram, S, 5-11, 205, Mississippi State.Strengths: Tough against the run.Weaknesses: Could be limited to playing close to the line of scrimmage.Fact: Mississippi high school product who signed with Georgia originally, but transferred to the Bulldogs after a stop in junior college.28. Los Angeles Chargers (12-4)Jerry Tillery, DT, 6-6, 295, Notre Dame.Strengths: Long, quick and agile pass rusher.Weaknesses: Plays tall and inconsistent against the run.Fact: Was suspended for bowl game as a freshman and was caught on camera kicking a USC player as a sophomore, but seemed to mature as an upperclassman.29. Seattle Seahawks (10-6)L.J. Collier, DE, 6-2, 283, TCUStrengths: Excellent size and aggressiveness.Weaknesses: Lacks explosiveness.Fact: Did not get much recruiting attention coming out of high school and didn’t start until his senior season at TCU.30. New York Giants (5-11)Deandre Baker, 5-11, 193, Georgia.Strengths: Steady, tough and disruptive.Weaknesses: On the small side and left some potential turnovers on the field.Fact: Jim Thorpe Award winner as nation’s best defensive back last year.31. Atlanta Falcons (7-9)Kaleb Mcgary, OT, 6-7, 317, WashingtonStrengths: Remarkable and agility and size.Weaknesses: He could struggle against edge rushers because of mediocre footwork.Fact: He and his family have battled illnesses, his family lost its farm when he was in high school and a fire burned down their home, according to his draft profile on NFL.com.32. New England Patriots (11-5)x-N’Keal Harry, WR, 6-2, 228, Arizona StateStrengths: Physical route runner, great hands.Weaknesses: Change of direction.Fact: Born on the Caribbean island of Saint Vincent and moved to Arizona with his grandmother.

liny195 n'est pas connecté  View user's profile Send private message Visiter le site web du posteur
      Remonter...  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum La boussole du refuge www.billsjerseysproshop.com