Le refuge ^_^

Recherche Avancée...

Les Blogs ^_^ Forum S'enregistrer Liste des Membres Groupes d'utilisateurs L'herbier Logithèque
Chat Irc!
Jeux  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum L'atelier The Bears are Pro Football Focus darlings
      Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure  

Mar Sep 24, 2019 10:10
Message Auteur Message
zhangzk
Moniteur
Moniteur

Sujet du message:  The Bears are Pro Football Focus darlings Répondre en citant

If you wanted to feel better about the Bears’ 2-1 start and hold on first place in the NFC North Richard Dent Jerseys 2019 , look no further than the love Chicago is receiving from advanced analytics, most notably Pro Football Focus. Three weeks into the 2018 season, eight Bears are in the top 10 at their respective positions.Note: no advanced statistics should be taken as gospel (look no further than the constant Adrian Amos conversations). But they are worthy looks when juxtaposed amongst a variety of information. Consider the source and compare them to different sources when possible. At any rate, Khalil Mack is PFF’s highest-graded edge defender, no surprise for the likely early frontrunner for Defensive Player of the Year. Eddie Jackson is the NFL’s second-highest graded safety, as the second-year leap towards stardom is being made. Bryce Callahan is the second-best cornerback - not nickel cornerback - cornerback. Jordan Howard is the third-best running back, despite his limited early use. Akiem Hicks is playing as the third-best interior defensive lineman as his Pro Bowl season may finally be here. Prince Amukamara is the fourth-best cornerback, likely boosted by his pick-six against the Seahawks. Charles Leno is the blindside protector the Bears have wanted, with Leno sitting at sixth among all tackles. Finally, Eddie Goldman is the ninth-best interior defensive lineman. (Football is more than sacks!)Yes, an overwhelming portion of that list features the NFL’s current best defense in Football Outsiders’ DVOA (another statistical source to note but not take as gospel). It’d be difficult to find many bright spots amidst a currently struggling offense. Nevertheless White Mike Ditka Jerseys , it isn’t a bad ideal to see so many Bears featured among the best football has to offer. A potential harbinger of what’s to come in the 2018 season. Robert is the Editor-in-chief of The Blitz Network (subscribe here!), the managing editor of Windy City Gridiron, and writes for a host of other fine publications. You can follow him on Twitter @RobertZeglinski. It’s like Thunderdome, minus the chainsaws and giant rubber bands!"Jacob’s rebuttal: I really wanted to like Johnathan Abram more than I did. I saw that some draft analysts were much higher on him than I was, and I, being an open-minded person, was willing to take an additional look at his tape to see if I missed something in my first go-around. While his grade did increase the more I watched him, I just couldn’t fall in totally love with him.Abram is an alpha personality who plays with a physical edge and lowers the boom with impressive closing speed. He takes good angles to ball carriers and plays with a nonstop motor. My issue with him, though, is that he was severely underwhelming in coverage. He can accelerate well downhill, but his hips aren’t very fluid and his direction-changing abilities are pedestrian. His instincts in coverage are solid Mike Ditka Jerseys 2019 , but he lacks the range and explosiveness to get to the ball and make plays, and his mere two interceptions at the collegiate level reflect that. Plus, while his motor is definitely a plus in his game, he needs to work on playing under control as a tackler: he has a proclivity to arm tackle on occasion. I do see him as a starter in the NFL, but he’s far from the fringe first-round prospect some think he is.Jaquan Johnson has some traits in common with Abram, as they are both physical, downhill tacklers who can hit hard on a regular basis, and they are both alpha personalities on the field. They also both have similar lateral athleticism concerns in my book, as Johnson’s range in coverage doesn’t stand out. Where Johnson has Abram beat is that his processing ability is just a tad quicker, allowing him to make some plays on the ball that Abram can’t always make. The former Hurricane plays with more control as a downhill tackler, as well. As for Marvell Tell White Tom Waddle Jerseys , I see a ton of upside in his game, prompting such a high ranking on my board. While he needs work as a tackler and lacks physicality when engaging with blockers, I’m a big fan of the potential he offers in coverage. His six-foot-two, 198-pound frame gives him tantalizing safety for the safety position. He tested among the best defensive backs in this year’s draft class in the broad jump, the three-cone drill and the 20-yard shuttle at the Combine, and that athleticism is apparent on tape. Tell can flip his hips, change direction laterally and accelerate out of his breaks all at a high level. He has a future in the NFL as a free safety who can be trusted in single-high coverage, and his ceiling is as high as any safety in this class if he adds a physical dimension to his game.EJ’s PS: I’m with you that Marvell has good breaks and change of direction. I actually think his future is at CB not safety, and (spoiler alert)... it may end up being with the Seahawks.There you have it: three points and counterpoints on players the Bears might consider in the 2019 NFL Draft. What do you think? Drop your own reactions about these players (or positions) in the comment section below.Follow us on Twitter: Jacob is @jacobinfante24 / EJ is @thedraftsmanFB

zhangzk n'est pas connecté  View user's profile Send private message
      Remonter...  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum L'atelier The Bears are Pro Football Focus darlings