Le refuge ^_^

Recherche Avancée...

Les Blogs ^_^ Forum S'enregistrer Liste des Membres Groupes d'utilisateurs L'herbier Logithèque
Chat Irc!
Jeux  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum La boussole du refuge Final Grades: Eagles vs. Buccaneers After a very surprising win against the
      Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure  

Jeu Sep 26, 2019 4:08
Message Auteur Message
liny195
Moniteur
Moniteur

Sujet du message:  Final Grades: Eagles vs. Buccaneers After a very surprising win against the Répondre en citant

Saints Vernon Hargreaves III Jersey White , the onus was on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to prove that their season-opening victory was no fluke. What better opportunity to prove a point against the defending Super Bowl champion Philadelphia Eagles?The Bucs took full advantage of their opportunity, using big plays and key defensive stops to hold the Eagles at bay and start the season 2-0.Here are this week’s final grades.OffenseYou couldn’t have scripted a better start for Ryan Fitzpatrick and the Buccaneer offense. Fitzpatrick recognized a corner blitz and unloaded a deep pass to DeSean Jackson for a 75-yard touchdown on the first play of the game.But it didn’t take long for the Eagles’ defense to settle in to the game. The next four drives saw the Bucs punt three times and O.J. Howard couldn’t corral a pass from Fitzpatrick that led to an interception. The Bucs managed just 49 yards on 19 plays through four possessions. Three of those ended in a Bryan Anger punt while the other ended in the aforementioned interception. Howard made up for miscue soon after, however, as he rumbled 75 yards down the field for a touchdown to break up a 7-7 tie and give Tampa Bay some major momentum. What made the play even better was Chris Godwin finishing a block all the way downfield to ensure Howard made it into the end zone. Mike Evans and Godwin pitched in with a touchdown each themselves to push the Bucs’ total offensive output to 27 points for the game. They converted both of their redzone drives for touchdowns as well. But there were still a few areas where they struggled.After accumulating an efficient 112 rushing yards against the Saints, the Bucs only gained 43 yards against the Eagles. They also went 8/13 of third down in Week 1 compared to just 4/10 in Week 2. The running game was absolutely miserable, averaging 1.9 yards per carry. The offensive line also gave up two sacks on the day after giving up zero the week before. Evans also had a crucial drop in the first half that could’ve advanced the Bucs into Eagles’ territory and Ryan Jensen had a brain fart after a good run by Peyton Barber that resulted in an unnecessary roughing call that put Tampa Bay in a negative-yardage situation.Despite the miscues, it was a good day for the offense, but there was definitely room for improvement. Final Grade: 3.0 (B)DefenseThere is no doubt that defense had a much better game against the Eagles.Now they weren’t facing Drew Brees, Alvin Kamara, or Michael Thomas - but Nick Foles and co. did put up 41 points against the Patriots in the Super Bowl.They also have arguably the league’s best offensive mind in Doug Pederson. The defense got off to an amazing start. They forced a three-and-out on the Eagles first possession, but it didn’t stop there. The next three drives totaled 35 yards on 14 plays and one turnover. The Eagles had to convert two third downs and one fourth down on the next possession in order to get their first touchdown of the game. The defense held their own and was able to force a missed field goal right before halftime. Philly was faced with another fourth down decision coming out of halftime, but the Bucs were able to stall the drive. Gerald McCoy got his first sack of the season on the next offensive possession for the Eagles, and it looked like the defense was starting to take over.Gerald McCoy was all smiles after the gamePhoto by Michael Reaves/Getty ImagesBut the Eagles scored two touchdowns on the next three drives, going 185 yards on 25 plays and converting two fourth downs. The Bucs deserve major credit on the third touchdown, however, as they stuffed Jay Ajayi three times from inside the eight-yard line before Foles hit Nelson Agholor with a perfect pass on a fade route to the back-right corner of the endzone. If Tampa Bay were playing any other team than the Eagles, it’s safe to assume the defense would have had a better day due to Philly’s inclinations to go for it on fourth down.Mike Smith’s defense did their job. Considering the fact that Beau Allen and Chris Conte both left with injuries and did not return, the rookies and depth-players that were left to step up did remarkably well in their place.Final Grade: 3.0 (B)Special TeamsBleh.That’s all I have to say. Chandler Catanzaro missed a kick for the second straight week. Whether it be an extra point or a field goal - it doesn’t matter. Every point in the NFL matters and the Bucs are already gun-shy when it comes to kickers.The coverage units were spectacular, but Catanzaro was not. Consecutive misses in as many weeks is not good.Final Grade: 2.0 (C)CoachingThis staff is on fire. All Todd Monken needs to do is find a way to incorporate an effective second half run game, but at the same time, he should continue to call plays according to game flow. That has been his strength so far and it’s a big reason why the Bucs are 2-0.The pass on 3rd-and-3 to Evans to ice the game took BAWLZ. Something tells me that Dirk Koetter would’ve called a run up the gut Caleb Benenoch Jersey White , forcing the Bucs to give the ball back and rely on their not-so-reliable defense to win the game.Smith on the other hand, had to give many Bucs fans hope. Despite the second half mistakes, the defense looked competent and even dominate at times. As the season progresses, the defense should as well - as long as they’re healthy.Final Grade: 4.0 (A)Overall Grade: 3.0 (B)Just like last week, the Bucs made plenty of plays to win, they just couldn’t ice the game when it mattered most. They must find a way to create a consistent running game and they need to become more consistent on third down. Call me impatient, but I’m ready to declare Catanzaro a mistake. Two missed kicks in as many games is worrisome and Tampa Bay fans don’t need to play this down as a minor issue.But as long as the offense continues to perform at this level, it’ll be hard for anyone to beat the Bucs.It’s on to a gigantic home matchup on Monday night against the Pittsburgh Steelers.Overall Grade For The Season: 3.0 (B) ...apparently"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections 2016 NFL DraftInjuriesFree AgencyGame FilmJason Pierre-Paul Injury Signals Issue With Jason Licht Draft Strategy...New,90comments...apparentlyEDTShareTweetShareShareJason Pierre-Paul Injury Signals Issue With Jason Licht Draft Strategy...Kim Klement-USA TODAY SportsTampa Bay Buccaneers defensive lineman Jason Pierre-Paul may potentially have suffered a neck injury which will most likely prevent him from playing in 2019 and may keep him from playing ever again depending on the severity and how his body heals from it.The team is awaiting a second opinion. This accident occurred on 02 May 2019. On 25 April, one week prior, Jason Licht passed on edge rushers like Josh Allen, Montez Sweat and Brian Burns while drafting inside linebacker Devin White. While Licht surely addressed a big need on Todd Bowles’ defense, as stated by the coach himself, he failed to address the glaring hole Pierre-Paul’s injury leaves on the team.And according to some, this oversight (read: inability to read the future) is reason to fire the Bucs’ general manager.If you haven’t picked up the sarcasm, I’ll spell it out. Jason Licht doesn’t deserve to be fired because he didn’t know JPP was going to crash a vehicle one week after the draft and suffer a potentially season-ending injury.Yet, there are those who will use the injury as a sounding board to reverberate the belief they were in fact correct in their assertion the team shouldn’t have drafted White in the first place.If I were to argue with you, which I won’t, I would say you got lucky - but I would stop there. To say anyone is lucky that a man who has poured his adult and much of his adolescent life into his career is about to potentially lose the final years of it would be disgusting.To use this fact as evidence to win a trivial argument, deplorable.I have been writing about or covering the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for six years now and for various sites or podcasts. I will say, this team’s fan base is passionate even if they are largely missing from the stadium on game day.The fan base is opinionated http://www.buccaneerslockerroom.com/authentic-cameron-brate-jersey , but mostly respectful. Part of the enjoyable part about writing sports related content is the interaction with readers and listeners and peers and even players.When a player agrees with my takes, it makes my ego warm my soul a little. When a reader disagrees it sparks new thought and conversation. It’s fun. Mostly.What I hate seeing is when people tear each other down. It reminds me of Chris Conte. You know the play. I don’t need to rehash it here.When it first happened, I had a similar instant reaction. I winced, I think I said “oooh” and I watched the Steelers tight end run downfield for a score.And then I learned like the rest of you did, that Conte had been hurt on the play. That he had come into the game already injured yet played anyway to try and get his team a big win on Primetime television. But then I went to twitter, and there were jokes, and laughs and people generally drawing pleasure from it. Those aren’t the Bucs fans I love. Those are the Bucs fans who make players clam up and give ‘canned answers’ those fans then complain about.Back on topic. If you hate Jason Licht, then fine. Hate him. But to blame the man for this is beyond ridiculous.Vernon Hargreaves hasn’t panned out; he’s on his third NFL head coach; Derwin James made the Pro Bowl; HE DRAFTED ROBERTO AGUAYO.Hell, maybe you didn’t like the White pick before. That’s fine too. The point is, you don’t need more ammo. If you want to start a change.org petition for Licht’s job, there will be plenty from the playlist for you to choose from without having to fault his not consulting Tom Cruise’s Minority Report. And further, you won’t need to parade a player’s neck injury as a beacon of light for all to see your argument in all of its glory.I for one, disagree, and think Licht is a solid general manager fully capable of assembling a roster which can be coached to winning a Super Bowl.But that’s me. What else is me, is if Lavonte David were to succumb to an injury and miss the 2019 NFL Season, I wouldn’t be happy. I wouldn’t celebrate my genius for supporting the drafting of Devin White before it was a reality like I had cracked the DaVinci Code. I’d feel for the player. For the pain and suffering which comes with season-ending injuries. I’d appreciate the existence of White, sure. But beyond this, I’d do my best to keep things in perspective.What we’re talking about and tweeting about is a game. What they’re living is a business, and it’s their livelihood. We’re not supposed to see it the same, but let’s not allow ourselves to reach new lows in the pursuit of being right.

liny195 n'est pas connecté  View user's profile Send private message Visiter le site web du posteur
      Remonter...  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum La boussole du refuge Final Grades: Eagles vs. Buccaneers After a very surprising win against the