Le refuge ^_^

Recherche Avancée...

Les Blogs ^_^ Forum S'enregistrer Liste des Membres Groupes d'utilisateurs L'herbier Logithèque
Chat Irc!
Jeux  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum Sont passés par ici... going to the New York Giants at the 2019 NF
      Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure  

Lun Déc 16, 2019 7:28
Message Auteur Message
elaine95
Moniteur
Moniteur

Sujet du message:  going to the New York Giants at the 2019 NF Répondre en citant

CARSON Derek Carr Jersey White , Calif. (AP) — Oakland and the Los Angeles Chargers both come into Sunday’s game ranked in the Top 10 in total offense. The matchup between AFC West rivals is likely to come down to who has the greatest success running the ball.Both teams had a 100-yard rusher in their wins last week. The Raiders‘ Marshawn Lynch had 130 yards in a 45-42 overtime victory over Cleveland , while the Chargers’ Melvin Gordon gained 104 yards on the ground in a 29-27 win over San Francisco .Lynch and Gordon are both ranked in the Top 10 in rushing. Lynch is fourth with 300 yards and has shown flashes of being back to the level he displayed in Seattle from 2011-14, when he had four straight 1,000-yard seasons. Gordon is seventh with 276 yards.Both players are showing they are physical runners in different ways. Lynch has generated 77.3 percent of his yards after contact according to SportRadar, the highest percentage among the top 24 backs. Gordon is tied for third in broken tackles with 12.“There’s not a lot of backs that can say they run the football like he does. He still has elusiveness and speed,” Raiders coach Jon Gruden said about Lynch. “This guy likes the physical grind and I think he feeds off of it.”Gordon is also making an impact in the passing game as he is tied for the Chargers’ lead in receptions with 17. That has allowed him to lead the AFC in yards from scrimmage with 475.“He’s really done a great job as a receiver and really been a factor to make huge plays for us,” Chargers offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt said. “I think he has been driven to get his game to another level, and I think we’re seeing the benefit to that. He’s worked hard. He’s studied it.”Both teams are looking for a win to avoid falling to 0-2 in division games. Quarterback Philip Rivers said the Chargers need to start stringing together wins to avoid falling further behind unbeaten Kansas City.“I think we’re just playing a little better all the way around. A little more complementary all the way around,” Rivers said. “But certainly, you know, this is no time to keep going win-loss, win-loss, win-loss. So it’s an opportunity for us to get our second win in a row and get above .500 and keep going.”Here are some other things to watch as the Chargers look for their third straight victory over the Raiders:CARR VS. RIVERSOakland’s Derek Carr and Rivers have split their first eight meetings. Both are coming into the game with momentum.Carr is looking for his third straight 300-yard game, which would be the first time that has happened in his five-year career. Rivers has thrown 11 touchdowns, tying for the most he has thrown in the first four games.PASS RUSH HELPThe Chargers are hoping defensive tackle Corey Liuget’s return from a four-game suspension for violating the league’s policy on performance enhancers helps improve a pass rush that has struggled.Los Angeles has only eight sacks as Melvin Ingram has been frequently been double-teamed. Defensive end Joey Bosa will miss his fifth straight game due to a foot injury.ROOKIE TACKLESThe Raiders will have an untested tackle this week after right tackle Donald Penn was placed on IR with a groin injury. Rookie Brandon Parker will step in and team with fellow rookie Kolton Miller, who is on the left side protecting Carr. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, this will be the first time since the 1970 merger that the Raiders will have two rookie tackles starting in a game.DEFENSIVE HELPThe Raiders hope the anticipated debut of cornerback Daryl Worley will help eliminate the big plays that have plagued the defense. Oakland has allowed a league-worst five 50-yard or longer plays and is tied for second worst with 23 plays allowed of at least 20 yards. Worley should provide a needed boost in the secondary as he returns from a four-game suspension for violating the league’s policies on substance abuse and personal conduct.WHOSE HOME GAME?The Raiders left Los Angeles in 1994, but they still have a large and boisterous contingent of fans in the area. When the Raiders played a preseason game against the Rams at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum on Aug. 21, it sounded like a Raiders home game. Even though the StubHub Center seats only 27,000, it is likely the crowd will be predominantly silver and black.The Chargers have won five of their past six at StubHub Womens Bo Jackson Jersey , but it hasn’t felt like a home-field advantage. Last Sunday’s game against the 49ers appeared to have more San Francisco fans. In Jon Gruden we trust, right? Well, we’re probably going to have to wait a couple of years to see what his product on the field is, but the once-again Oakland Raiders head coach has done little to inspire trust. He has been a less than honest to the media, Raider Nation and his players. One of the first things he vowed to Raider Nation was that he would try to win a Super Bowl before leaving Oakland. But then his first major personnel move was to trade edge-rusher Khalil Mack to the Chicago Bears for future draft picks. There is no player in the 2019 or 2020 NFL Draft that’s going to be better than Mack right away so that’s out the window. And let’s not forget the promise he made to the Nation at Ricky’s (restaurant).“And we’re going to find a way to get Khalil Mack back, too,” Gruden said, “You’ll see.”What we saw is Gruden not even try to get Mack to come back to the Raiders. Cris Collinsworth of NBC’s Sunday Night Football exposed that when the Green Bay Packers played the Chicago Bears, Mack’s new team.“I asked Khalil Mack, if Jon Gruden had called you and said, ‘Hey, you’re our guy, no way in the world we’re letting you get out of here, you’re the best player we have,’ would it have made a difference? And he said, ‘Yeah, it would have,’“ Collinsworth said.Of course, there are those who will say Gruden came in to rebuild the roster to his liking. But there isn’t a general manager or coach that rebuilds a roster by becoming the oldest team in the NFL. This rebuild going on now just started because the Raiders aren’t winning. If his plan all along was to rebuild, he had to have lied to the veteran players he picked up.Do you think Gruden told guys like Jordy Nelson he’s going to a rebuilding team?Gruden embellished about Nelson to Raider Nation as well. He gassed a lot of us up by saying Nelson can still run as he was clocked at 22 MPH in practice. But guys that run that fast don’t get hawked (caught from behind) by linebackers as Nelson did by Miami Dolphins linebacker Jerome Baker, who runs a 4.53 40. Saying Nelson can still play is one thing but telling Raider Nation a whopper like he runs 22 MPH is another. Then he was at it again after reports came out that he was looking to trade Amari Cooper.“I don’t know Bo Jackson Jersey ,” Gruden said. “I haven’t heard that. I’m not. I’m not. I’m just sorry to have to deal with a lot of these reports. I just hope Amari’s OK. Like I said, he’s going to be a big part of our pass offense.”A week later Cooper was traded to the Dallas Cowboys.Gruden’s players didn’t even know about the trade.“When I came in the locker room. Just grabbed my phone,” quarterback Derek Carr said when asked how he found out about the trade. “It was more of a feeling of, ‘Where’s Coop?’ Then you kind of just assume after that.”He then claimed the reason he didn’t tell the team was because he didn’t know it was official, saying as of Wednesday — after Cooper had already practiced with the Cowboys — that he still didn’t know it was official.Gruden’s strongest, most passionate denial has been regarding the T-word (tanking)“We’re not tanking anything,” he said. “I hear the hatred out there, some of the rumors that we’re tanking it to get a first-round pick or a higher pick. 鈥?Ain’t nobody tanking it. I don’t know who wrote that or who said that or who thinks that, but that ain’t the case here.”Okay, so getting rid of your best players without a replacement isn’t tanking? What about quarterback Derek Carr? “I’m not going to speculate about that today,” Gruden said when asked what happens if someone calls about him. “I don’t see us making anymore trades. Certainly, I don’t see us trading our quarterback.”We can take that for now but from what we’ve seen so far, it seems very possible he will, eventually. NFL insider Jason La Canfora has Carr going to the New York Giants at the 2019 NFL Scouting Combine. There is reason to believe La Canfora here because he has been on the money regarding the Raiders lately. He saw the Mack trade coming and he called the Raiders trading down to take left tackle Kolton Miller. It is understandable that head coaches don’t want to open up the whole organization’s workings for the world to see. But goodness, most NFL teams try to tell you the truth or stay away from the topic as oppose to the things Gruden says that are quickly proven false.Even GM Reggie McKenzie, when first hired, made no bones about the fact he would tear the Raiders down and rebuild them afterward. Meanwhile, Gruden’s players don’t even seem to know what’s going on or what the ultimate plan is. Again, we’ll have to wait a couple of more years to see what his plan is. But is this the way to run an NFL organization? Will future free agents trust him and sign on the dotted line? Will his draft picks trust him in the future? Do you trust him?

elaine95 n'est pas connecté  View user's profile Send private message Visiter le site web du posteur
      Remonter...  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum Sont passés par ici... going to the New York Giants at the 2019 NF