Le refuge ^_^

Recherche Avancée...

Les Blogs ^_^ Forum S'enregistrer Liste des Membres Groupes d'utilisateurs L'herbier Logithèque
Chat Irc!
Jeux  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum La Terrasse English football
      Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure  

Sam Jan 04, 2020 7:48
Message Auteur Message
Cl11234566
Moniteur
Moniteur

Sujet du message:  English football Répondre en citant

TORONTO - As Kyle Lowry was tended to, lying motionless on the floor after being kneed in the head, not once but twice, the Raptors fate hung in the balance alongside him. It turned out to be the longest minute of the season for a team that has come to rely so heavily on the resolve of its tough-as-nails point guard. Lowry, sixth in the NBA in win shares (an estimated number of wins a player produces for his team), has been the Raptors most indispensable player. What would they do without him? Luckily, thats a quandary they need not concern themselves with. Although Lowry was a spectator in practice Monday, less than 15 hours after getting inadvertently trampled by P.J. Tucker, scrambling for a loose ball late in Sundays loss to the Phoenix Suns, he was relieved to deliver promising news. "It was a really powerful blow, but Im okay," said Lowry, who was cleared by team doctors earlier that morning, showing no signs or symptoms of a concussion or serious head injury. "Luckily, we have great doctors and a great staff and they checked everything out and everything came back clear, so Im fine." Sitting out of practice with flu-like symptoms that had been bothering him before Sundays game, Lowry said he was still feeling ill, but the headaches he complained about the night prior had dissipated. The Raptors did their due diligence in clearing Lowry and carefully made that apparent to those that had questioned their process after the point guard remained in Sundays game. "Its a huge issue and it should be," Casey said, speaking on the severity of head injuries in professional sport. "Teams are very sensitive to that, when theyre questioned whether they are going by protocol because its a huge deal." Scott McCullough, head athletic trainer, first tested Lowry for signs of a concussion while he was lying on the floor and then again after he was helped up and over to the bench during the timeout. Had he showed symptoms - such as disorientation, lack of coordination or nausea - the Raptors would have been compelled to pull him from the game and take him to the "quiet room", per league concussion policy. "Our guys went through the protocol, they checked his eyes," Casey continued. "He was deemed okay to go back into the game." Down nine with 96 seconds to go, Lowry - a fierce, and in some cases hardheaded competitor - was determined to power through. "I put myself back into that game," he said. "They werent going to take me out of that game. [McCullough] did his protocol on the bench and he checked me out and I was good to go, so thats all that matters." Lowry was tested twice more by team doctor Howard Petroff following the game and then again Monday morning, given a clean bill of health. Averaging career-highs of 17.2 points and 7.9 assists per game, Lowry has not missed a game this season and intends on playing Tuesday in Atlanta. What would it take for Lowry to sit out? "Being dead," he joked. "Not being able to walk." "I mean, Im always going to try to go out there and fight for my teammates and try to win the game, no matter what the situation is. At that point I felt like we still had a chance to win. Me, Im never going to sit out because of a little bump to the head." Clinging to a half game lead over Chicago for the Easts third seed and a three-and-a-half game cushion on Brooklyn for top spot in the division with 17 contests to go, the Raptors need all hands on deck. Despite the improved play of backup point guard Greivis Vasquez, Lowrys all-around contributions would be the toughest the replace. "Im happy as heck that hes okay," Casey said. "Its huge because were already down an important piece in our second unit with Patrick (Patterson) and to lose Kyle would be tough." Patterson was absent from practice Monday afternoon, having his sprained right elbow re-evaluated at the time. He is expected to accompany the team on their upcoming two-game road trip, a back-to-back in Atlanta and New Orleans, though his status is uncertain. Wholesale Oilers Jerseys . Bryant underwent an operation in December to correct an irregular heartbeat. His season ended with four games left because of a rapid heartbeat, a condition he has known about for several years and had been treated for in the past. Brandon Manning Jersey . They actually finished with a better record in ‘07 than they did in ‘06 but only marginally, going from 61 victories to 66. https://www.cheapoilers.com/1185s-steve-smith-jersey-oilers.html. According to various reports, the striker is about to sign a five-and-a-half year extension with Manchester United worth a reported 300,000 pounds a week that would see him at Old Trafford until 2019. Randy Gregg Jersey . -- Slugger Jose Abreu, All-Star left-hander Chris Sale and closer Matt Lindstrom are on the disabled list. Fake Oilers Jerseys . Pinch-hitter Tommy Medica singled in the go-ahead run in the eighth inning and the Padres beat the Seattle Mariners 2-1 in their first home game since Gwynn died of cancer Monday. LONDON -- Arsene Wenger failed for the 10th time to get the better of Jose Mourinho as Arsenal was held to a 0-0 draw by Chelsea on Monday, missing a chance to return to the top of the Premier League. The London derby, played with rain swirling around the Emirates Stadium, failed to produce the drama expected, with few attempts on goal. "They defended well, were well organized, and we didnt find our zippy movements to play between the lines as we can," said Wenger, whose side lost 6-3 at Manchester City in its last game. "I feel we were a bit edgy because we conceded six at Man City and that played in our heads at the start. In the second half we took control of the game and had two or three chances where we could have done better." Chelsea came closest in the first half when Frank Lampards shot struck the crossbar, while Arsenal only threatened Petr Cechs goal in the closing minutes when Olivier Giroud shot wide from a tight angle. It meant that in Mourinhos two stints as Chelsea manager, Wenger has now endured five draws and five losses. "It is a solid point but two points dropped at home," Wenger said. Arsenal is ahead in the Premier League, only behind leader Liverpool on goal difference and two points ahead of fourth-placed Chelsea. Mourinhos mission was to shackle an Arsenal team that hasnt been beaten at home in the league since the opening day of the season. And the Portuguese coach succeeded with his well-organized side, prompting Arsenal fans to boo the visitors and chant "Boring, boring Chelsea." "I agree," Mourinho said. "I played against them 10 times and I never lost ... it was very important not to lose because if we lose we are five points behind the leader and with a point we are two points behind both leaders.ddddddddddddquot; The concern for Mourinho, though, will be the failure of a Chelsea striker to score a first league away goal since last December, with Fernando Torres ineffective up front. "Its not just a problem with the strikers -- its also a problem of the other people not transforming half-chances into chances for goals," Mourinho said. "And we had half a dozen of those today, not aggressive, sharp or attacking people to score." Instead the defenders thwarted Arsenal. "Arsenal showed on the pitch ... frustration because they couldnt create or penetrate," Mourinho said. Wenger was aggrieved that Arsenal wasnt awarded a penalty in the first half when Theo Walcott went down under Willians light challenge. "One hundred per cent penalty," Wenger said. "In my mind (there) is no doubt." Mourinho was dismissive of his London rivals complaints. "You know, they like to cry -- thats tradition," he said. "English people -- Frank Lampard, for example -- would never provoke a situation like that. Players from other countries, especially some countries, have that in their blood. So, instead if you have a contact or the opponent was aggressive, lets go, keep going. This is English football." Mourinho also defended John Obi Mikels sliding studs-up tackle on Mikel Arteta before the penalty call that went unpunished. "Football is a game of contact," Mourinho said. "English football, winter, water on the pitch, sliding tackles at fantastic speed ... be proud. "Play with pride. If you are hurt, OK you are hurt. If you have pain, I have pain every day and I work every day." The teams are back in action on Thursday, with Chelsea hosting Swansea and Arsenal at West Ham. ' ' '

Cl11234566 n'est pas connecté  View user's profile Send private message
      Remonter...  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum La Terrasse English football