Le refuge ^_^

Recherche Avancée...

Les Blogs ^_^ Forum S'enregistrer Liste des Membres Groupes d'utilisateurs L'herbier Logithèque
Chat Irc!
Jeux  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum La boussole du refuge NEW YORK (AP) — The New York Jets stayed in the AFC East to find their new
      Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure  

Sam Jan 11, 2020 3:36
Message Auteur Message
liny195
Moniteur
Moniteur

Sujet du message:  NEW YORK (AP) — The New York Jets stayed in the AFC East to find their new Répondre en citant

head coach.Former Miami Dolphins coach Adam Gase agreed Wednesday night to take the Jets job Womens Marcus Maye Jersey , a person familiar with the decision told The Associated Press.The hiring ends a 10-day, wide-open search for New York, which met with seven other coaches about their vacancy, including Mike McCarthy, Kris Richard, Jim Caldwell, Eric Bieniemy, Todd Monken, Matt Rhule and Kliff Kingsbury, who took the Arizona Cardinals job.The person spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity because the team had not yet announced the hiring.Gase was 23-26 in three years with Miami, including a playoff game in the 2016 season, before being fired last week. It turns out he’ll remain in the division, and face the Dolphins twice every regular season as a rival head coach.Gase replaces Todd Bowles, who was fired after he went 24-40 in four seasons and no playoff appearances. He’s the Jets’ first hire with previous full-time NFL head coaching experience since Bill Parcells’ three-year tenure from 1997-99.The 40-year-old Gase is also the first offensive-focused coach since Rich Kotite in 1996.Regarded as one of the league’s top young offensive minds, he’ll be tasked with furthering the development of quarterback Sam Darnold and helping New York snap an eight-year postseason drought.While he had control over personnel in Miami, Gase will work closely in New York with general manager Mike Maccagnan, who was retained by team chairman and CEO Christopher Johnson http://www.jetslockerroom.com/authentic-kelechi-osemele-jersey , to put together a competitive roster around Darnold. The Jets are expected to have around $100 million in salary cap space this offseason, and will be very active in free agency.Those factors combined, Johnson insisted leading into the team’s search, made the Jets an attractive spot for a head coach to land.“If you can make it here, you’re a freakin’ legend,” Johnson said. “That counts for something.”Gase will get his shot to do just that.He began his coaching career as a graduate assistant at LSU in 2000 under Nick Saban before becoming a recruiting assistant for the Tigers for two years. Gase’s first NFL job came in 2003 under Steve Mariucci in Detroit, where he worked his way up to quarterbacks coach in five years with the Lions. He also worked for Rod Marinelli and Mike Martz in Detroit.Gase followed Martz to San Francisco in 2008 before heading to Denver the following season. He worked as the Broncos’ wide receivers coach for two years before becoming the quarterbacks coach — where he worked closely with Manning — and was promoted to offensive coordinator by coach John Fox in 2013 and Denver’s offense set several league records during Gase’s two seasons calling the plays.Fox brought Gase along with him to Chicago in 2015 as his offensive coordinator. Seen as a rising star in the league, he was hired by the Dolphins as their head coach the following season.Gase had a promising debut in Miami, going 10-6 in his first season and leading the Dolphins to their first playoff appearance since 2008. But the team struggled the following year, going 6-10 with quarterback Ryan Tannehill sidelined all season following knee surgery.Gase was fired after this season as part of an organizational shake-up after the Dolphins finished 7-9 and missed the playoffs for the 15th time in 17 years. There were also questions about whether Gase had lost the support of some players.Miami ranked 31st in the NFL in offense, a franchise worst, and 29th in defense, allowing a franchise-record 6,257 yards this season.Gase’s Dolphins were particularly good in one-score games, going 7-1 in those situations this season and 20-6 in three years. Their record in games decided by more than one score was 3-20, including 0-8 this season. Miami also lost its last seven games on the road.He’ll try to change his fortunes — as well as those of the Jets — with a new opportunity.ESPN reported that Darnold spoke with Gase on FaceTime on Monday night, and the two clicked. It also reported that Manning called Johnson Tuesday night to provide a sparkling reference for Gase.The hiring was met with some trepidation from frustrated Jets fans Brandon Copeland Jersey , many of whom were pulling for McCarthy, Monken or Rhule to be hired to turn the franchise around and end a Super Bowl drought that’s 50 years and counting.The franchise’s hope is that the combination of Gase and Darnold will be able to get there someday soon. NEW YORK (AP) — Le’Veon Bell is leaving all the number crunching to the critics.The star running back slept soundly after finally making his long-awaited decision on where to restart his NFL career, agreeing to a four-year, $52.5 million deal from the New York Jets early Wednesday morning and officially signing Thursday.“The Jets were kind of the team I had in the back of my mind where I wanted to go,” Bell said during a conference call. “So, you know, once the numbers made sense to me, it wasn’t really a hard decision. I made the decision and I’m happy with the decision I made.“Today, I woke up feeling amazing. So, I’m happy with where I stand.”The deal, which reportedly includes $25 million in guarantees, had some wondering if he might have made a mistake by sitting out all last season after declining a five-year, $70 million offer from the Steelers and then refusing to sign his $14.5 million franchise tender.Bell gambled on himself and took a chance — one he’s content with, regardless of whether some think he overplayed his hand and shortchanged himself.“The decision I made is the decision I would do all over again,” Bell said. “I don’t regret anything that happened. Everything has happened for a reason up until this point. Who’s to say if I played last year, if I do go out there and play on a one-year franchise tag and I do get hurt, do I end up in this position today Womens Chris Herndon Jersey , being with the New York Jets on a beautiful deal?“Even on the other side of it, if I go out there and play on the franchise tag and I get another 400 carries … and I come out of the season healthy, who’s to say what team is going to take me after another 400 carries? So, like I said, I’ve contemplated everything I’ve done. … I don’t regret one thing. I’m happy where I’m at and the decision I made and I’m glad I’m here.”After all, Bell had dreams of being a member of the Jets as a kid.He grew up in Groveport, Ohio, in a house full of Steelers fans, but his favorite player was Jets running back Curtis Martin. From afar, he wanted to be just like Martin, a playmaker out of the backfield who could change games in an instant on his way to a Hall of Fame career.Turns out, Bell has carved out quite an impressive career of his own. He rushed for 5,336 yards and 35 touchdowns in five seasons for Pittsburgh, and caught 312 passes for 2,660 yards and seven scores as one of the most versatile and dangerous offensive players in the NFL. His 128.9 yards from scrimmage per game over his career is the best mark in the NFL since the 1970 merger.And, now, he’ll be able to get back on the field and make his mark for the team Martin once carried.“When the season ended http://www.jetslockerroom.com/authentic-nathan-shepherd-jersey , it was kind of like all the stars kind of aligned to the Jets,” Bell said. “I’m glad we made it happen and everything worked out.”Oh, and those comments over a year ago when Bell shot down a fan who jokingly offered him $60 million to play for the Jets, or when he said during last year’s Super Bowl that it would take $100 million for him to come to New York?Well, that was then.“I mean, that was just me being on Twitter and TMZ talking,” Bell said with a chuckle. “That’s all that was. The situation I’m in right now, I wouldn’t change it for anything in the world.”Bell’s arrival comes at a time when the Jets are building around second-year quarterback Sam Darnold, who showed promise as a rookie as well as the typical ups and downs young signal callers deal with early in their careers.But Bell, like many others, saw some promise in Darnold — and is excited about helping the youngster grow and thrive — and win — in the NFL.“I’m just looking forward to coming in and being, you know, sort of his security blanket, a guy he can rely on,” said Bell, who acknowledged that Darnold was “absolutely” a major factor in his decision.“I’m going to do everything in my power to try to make his job as easy as possible,” Bell added. “Seeing a guy like him Trumaine Johnson Jersey , so young and so talented and knowing, maybe he needs another weapon. You never know what he can do with another weapon.”That’s where Bell comes in. As soon as he shakes off the rust, of course.“The fact that I took last year off, it sucked having to watch and not play football,” Bell said. “But at the same time, at the end of December and through January and February, it’s the best my body’s feeling ever in my life. There’s nothing that can even come close to compare to how I feel.”He hasn’t played an NFL game since Pittsburgh’s playoff loss to Jacksonville on Jan. 14, 2018. That means it will be a span of 19 months in between game appearances by the time the preseason begins in August.“Things that count, I’ll be ready for that,” Bell said. “I’ve been playing football my whole life, so it’s something that kind of comes natural to me, but obviously not having done it at a full competitive level for over a year, so it’s going to take minicamp and OTAs and practices to get right, but I’ve got plenty of time until the regular season starts.”

liny195 n'est pas connecté  View user's profile Send private message Visiter le site web du posteur
      Remonter...  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum La boussole du refuge NEW YORK (AP) — The New York Jets stayed in the AFC East to find their new