Le refuge ^_^

Recherche Avancée...

Les Blogs ^_^ Forum S'enregistrer Liste des Membres Groupes d'utilisateurs L'herbier Logithèque
Chat Irc!
Jeux  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum La vie en dehors du refuge control of the match.
      Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure  

Mer Jan 15, 2020 7:59
Message Auteur Message
Cl11234566
Moniteur
Moniteur

Sujet du message:  control of the match. Répondre en citant

LEXINGTON, Ohio -- As the laps dwindled, Chris Bueschers anxiety rose. The 21-year-old rookie was leading the NASCAR Nationwide Series race at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course -- gunning for his first victory -- but was running out of fuel. "I was really focusing on taking deep breaths at that point," Buescher said about the final laps before he hung on to capture the Nationwide Childrens Hospital 200 on Saturday for his first victory. "I found myself on every straightaway just telling myself to relax a little bit." Buescher took the lead on the 68th of 90 laps and sipped fuel the rest of the way to hold off Regan Smith and Brian Scott. Smith, in particular, was waiting for Buescher to run out of gas. "I was surprised that he made it," he said. "I didnt have much more for him there at the end. I was sitting there watching him, thinking at any point he was going to run out." Buescher, driving the Roush Fenway Racing Ford sponsored by -- fittingly -- Nationwide Childrens Hospital in nearby Columbus, took the lead from Brendan Gaughan and weathered a restart to hold on the rest of the way. "We do have a fuel-pressure gauge in the car and I think it was with two (laps) to go it started flashing at me," Buescher said. "On certain areas of the track, (the car) was just starving for fuel. I spent the last lap just kind of shaking (the car) back and forth a little bit to make sure we got all the fuel we could into the pickup. It was nerve wracking to say the least." In the end he had enough left over to make a celebratory run -- in the wrong direction -- down the home straight after the rest of the field had left the track. "It was cool to be able to pull it off and to have plenty left over for a good burnout at the end," Buescher said with a grin. Crew chief Scott Graves had no choice but to keep Buescher on the track, even as his fuel evaporated. Buescher went the final 38 laps without topping off his tank. "This isnt the first time this year," Graves said of Bueschers ability to make his gas last. "We did it at Loudon as well and surprised a lot of people (while finishing fifth). Hes quickly gaining the reputation as a fuel-saver, for sure." The victory was Bueschers first in 30 NASCAR Nationwide Series races, also representing his eighth top-10 finish in 2014. Chase Elliott, who finished fourth, retained his lead in the season standings by 10 points over Smith. Alex Tagliani was fifth, followed by Justin Marks, Elliott Sadler, Dylan Kwasniewski, Trevor Bayne and Dakoda Armstrong. During the fourth caution of the day on lap 51 -- Kenny Habul drifted off the course and into the grass -- pole-sitter Sam Hornish Jr. stunned the crowd strung along the 2.258-mile track by pulling into the pits and then turning into the garage area. His crew worked feverishly to get him back on the track, but his day was done -- after leading or being close to the lead all the way to that point -- due to missing a shift that led to engine trouble. Scott and Tagliani -- his closest pursuers -- pitted and dug in for the finish. Bayne and then Gaughan traded quick leads before Buescher took over. On Lap 58, Tagliani nosed Scott off the track briefly. Scott had to pit soon after, with steam rolling off his overheated engine. He was able to finish -- although he never made up the lost time. "I felt like we were the car to beat," Scott said, calling the outcome heartbreaking. "I just had a run-in with a guy that doesnt race in our series regularly and really has nothing to lose. He got inside me and I gave him room, he missed the corner and drove me into the grass. It clogged our grill and made us change our pit strategy because we were blowing water. That chain of events right there put us behind the guys we were ultimately racing at the end to win." With others pitting or falling back, Buescher took control. With under 20 laps to go, Buescher outdueled Smith and took advantage of the narrow track to maintain his lead. Under a threatening sky, he built his lead to 1.5 seconds with 10 laps remaining. Then the suspense built as the laps piled up and Bueschers tank grew emptier. "I saw him shake the car once on the last lap and thought he was running out there," Smith said, mystified by how Buescher was able to keep going. "But the record book doesnt say how you won. It just says that you won." Air Max 270 Just Do It Noir . made a diving catch in left field for the final out in a 1-0 victory over the Miami Marlins in a regular-season finale Sunday. Zimmermann (14-5) allowed only two baserunners, finishing with 10 strikeouts and one walk in the fifth no-hitter in the majors this year. Air Max 270 React Bleu . The team made the announcement after Saturdays 6-5 loss to the Cincinnati Reds. RHP Kenny Giles will be called up from Triple-A Lehigh Valley to fill Adams spot on the roster. http://www.airmax270reactpascher.fr/. This should be celebrated because it will not always be this way. With the amount of money given to players by their clubs these days, it is a wonder that so many of those teams allow the sport to continue to take away many of their assets so they can play for a different team in the middle of their season. Air Max 270 2021 . Keenum will make his first appearance in a regular-season game against the rugged defence of the undefeated Kansas City Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium, where the fans just set a Guinness record as the noisiest outdoor stadium in the world. Air Max 270 React France . -- Kurt Buschs Sunday at Martinsville Speedway, in some ways, was like his career wrapped into one afternoon.PARIS -- Eighth-seeded Milos Raonic beat Czech Jiri Vesely 7-6 (4), 6-4, 6-1 on Wednesday to reach the third round at the French Open for a third consecutive year. Raonic, from Thornhill, Ont., came back from a break down in the first set and won the hour-long opener in a tiebreak before taking control of the match. Raonic said he is noticing signs of improvement on court after struggling somewhat in his opening match, a 6-3, 7-6, 6-3 win over Australian qualifier Nick Kyrgios. "I feel like Im playing better today than I did three days ago, I think I dealt a little bit better with when I got things figured out as far as intensity," he said.dddddddddddd "I held it on a little bit better where I struggled a little bit with my match three days ago. The court is playing a little bit slower than you would expect here in Paris, but its been going well so far." Raonics third-round opponent is 29th seed Gilles Simon of France, who will have a partisan crowd behind him. "Its going to be tough," Raonic said. Raonic and Simon have only faced each other once before, with Raonic winning on clay at the 2011 Estoril Open in Portugal. ' ' '

Cl11234566 n'est pas connecté  View user's profile Send private message
      Remonter...  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum La vie en dehors du refuge control of the match.