Le refuge ^_^

Recherche Avancée...

Les Blogs ^_^ Forum S'enregistrer Liste des Membres Groupes d'utilisateurs L'herbier Logithèque
Chat Irc!
Jeux  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum La vie en dehors du refuge He prepares himself
      Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure  

Mer Jan 15, 2020 8:59
Message Auteur Message
Cl11234566
Moniteur
Moniteur

Sujet du message:  He prepares himself Répondre en citant

BOSTON -- Two days into his second call-up of the season, Brock Holt was the centre of attention in Bostons clubhouse. Holt hit a tiebreaking triple in the seventh inning and scored on Jonathan Herreras suicide squeeze, lifting the Red Sox over the Baltimore Orioles 4-2 on Saturday. After the game, Holt did interviews in front of a large-screen TV in the middle of the locker room, a spot usually reserved for the games star or starting pitcher. "Its fun," Holt said. On Friday, Holt went 2 for 4 and drove in a run during the series-opening loss to Baltimore. "You want to go out and play well anytime youre out there," he said. "Ive got these first two under my belt and had some success, hopefully I can continue to keep going out there." David Ortiz had a solo homer and two hits for the World Series champion Red Sox, who have won three of four. But it was Holts hit that sparked the victory. "He had been swinging the bat very well in Pawtucket. He was able to get on a little bit of roll," Boston manager John Farrell said. "What weve seen -- I know its only two games -- is a little bit more authority, particularly on the pull side (of the plate)." Holt came up for a day from Triple-A earlier this month, but didnt get into a game when regular third baseman Will Middlebrooks was placed on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right calf. Nelson Cruz had a pair of run-scoring singles for the Orioles, who had a three-game winning streak halted. Junichi Tazawa (1-0) pitched 1 1-3 hitless innings of relief. Koji Uehara struck out three after a leadoff walk for his fourth save. The benches emptied briefly in the seventh after Bud Norris (0-2) threw high and tight to David Ross, who was trying to sacrifice. Ross yelled something, but Orioles catcher Matt Wieters stepped in between and both sides retreated to the dugouts. "Its emotional. Ross is a good player -- a good catcher and a pro," Orioles manager Buck Showalter said. "But I know Matt. Hes not going to allow somebody to yell at his pitcher like that -- especially when he doesnt have any reason to." Norris didnt know why Ross was so upset, especially when he was giving up an at-bat to move a runner. "I dont really understand where its coming from, and his point of view," Norris said. "Im trying to throw the ball over the plate and take the out because if youre giving it to me in a sac bunt situation, I want the out every time." Baltimore benefited from a challenge that overturned a call at first on what would have been Cruzs inning-ending grounder in the sixth. Holt tripled into the right-centre field gap in the seventh after Mike Carp drew a leadoff walk from Norris. Herrara then dropped down a bunt fouling off on his first attempt. Boston starter Felix Doubront retired 13 consecutive batters after giving up a run in the first before Nick Markakis opened the sixth with a single, but was erased when Delmon Young bounced into double play. The Orioles then got runners on first and third when Cruz hit a grounder to deep third. Holt made a throw from near the foul line. Cruz was called out by first base umpire Ted Barrett. Showalter challenged his first call of the season and it was overturned after a 49-second wait. Ortizs homer hooked around the Pesky Pole and gave the Red Sox a 2-1 lead in the fourth. Doubront pitched 6 2-3 innings, allowing two runs on five hits, striking out seven and walking two. Cruzs RBI single made it 1-0 in the first. Boston tied it in the bottom half when third baseman Jonathan Schoop misplayed a probable inning-ending, double-play grounder. The Orioles, who set a major league record for fewest errors last season (54) and errorless games (119), have committed just four this season -- all of them by a third baseman filling in for Gold Glove winner Manny Machado, who is recovering from off-season left knee surgery. NOTES: Red Sox rookie SS Xander Bogaerts got the day off. "Hes played in every game and after some long games and travel, hes being rested -- and it gives us a chance to get another left-handed bat in there," Farrell said. Switch-hitting Herrera started at short. ... Boston OF Shane Victorino, on the 15-day since March 30 with a strained right hamstring, went 0 for 3 in his first rehab game at Triple-A Pawtucket on Saturday. The plan is for him play Monday and Tuesday before being reevaluated. ... Showalter said LHP Zach Britton was sick Friday night and not with the team, but he was back Saturday. ... Machado played his first extended spring training game in Sarasota, Fla. Showalter said he "played five innings and had four at-bats with no problems." ... Middlebrooks worked out on the field before the game. Cheap Jerseys .Pete Morelli said the back judge threw a flag on Cowboys linebacker Anthony Hitchens on a pass to Lions tight end Brandon Pettigrew in Dallas 24-20 wild-card win Sunday. But the head linesman said there wasnt enough contact and that Hitchens was face-guarding, which isnt a penalty in the NFL. Wholesale Jerseys . Top-ranked Rafael Nadal was also taken to three sets but emerged with a 6-3, 6-7 (3), 6-3 win over Tobias Kamke of Germany, while second-seeded David Ferrer joined Murray in making an early exit after a 6-4, 7-5 loss to Daniel Brands of Germany. https://www.wholesalejerseysaaa.com/.Impact president Joey Saputo confirmed Thursday that he is part of a group of investors whose offer to buy the 105-year-old Italian club was accepted by the teams board of directors. Wholesale Jerseys China . Gerald Green and Miles Plumlee? Green had bounced around the NBA when he wasnt playing overseas. The Pacers gave up on Plumlee after just one season. Now Green and Plumlee are key cogs in the Suns surprising breakout season. Wholesale Jerseys 2020 .Y. -- The Buffalo Bills have fired receivers coach Ike Hilliard.BALTIMORE – The pattern suggests Aaron Sanchez will be a high-walk pitcher over the course of his career but as the 21-year-old takes his next and perhaps final minor league step, the man who hopes to manage Sanchez in the big leagues isnt concerned. "Hes got that big-time arm and his big pitch is his sinking fastball," said Gibbons. "Theres a lot of life to that. Thats a tough pitch to command and keep in the zone a lot. He may be one of those guys his whole career who walks guys. That doesnt mean he cant pitch at this level and be very good because those ground balls, you can erase some of those walks and those hits with one pitch." Sanchez joins the Triple-A Buffalo Bisons after making 14 starts for Double-A New Hampshire. He posted a 3.82 ERA and a 1.394 WHIP but talk centered on Sanchezs walk rate, which sat five-and-a-half per nine innings. "Hes still a baby. Hes still learning. He hasnt logged a lot of innings in the minor leagues yet," said Gibbons. "He may be one of those guys who walks some guys. I dont think thats necessarily, I mean youd rather not but I dont think thats a bad thing. I dont think thats a killer. Lets put it that way." This is nothing new. At any of Sanchezs seven stops in the Blue Jays chain so far, hes never had a better walk rate than 3.8 per nine innings. That came in 2011 with Bluefield of the Single-A Appalachian League. He was 18 years old at the time. Sanchez threw 109 2/3 innings last season, New Hampshire and the Arizona Fall League combined, and has already tossed 66 innings this season. A 20 per cent year-over-year increase would cap Sanchez at about 130 innings. A 30 per cent spike would see Sanchez stop at a little more than 140 innings. The Blue Jays have a plan. Whatever it is, Gibbons is being mum. "Thats none of your business," he said, before adding, "Hes still learning. Hes still developing. Hes in the minor leagues for a reason. Hes making his start every five days. Hes working through his career. When that career begins, who knows? Every pitcher in baseball in the minor leagues, I mean teams are conscious of the workload because there are so many injuries." MASTROIANNI BACK WHERE IT BEGAN Darin Mastroianni met the Blue Jays in Baltimore, his contract selected to serve as the fourth outfielder when Bobby Korecky was optioned to Triple-A Buffalo. A 16th round pick of Toronto in the 2007 amateur draft, Mastroianni made his major league debut with the Blue Jays – his only game with Toronto – on August 24, 2011. He moved on to Minnesota, appearing in 114 games for the Twins in two-plus seasons. "Its really nice to be back with Toronto," said Mastroianni. "Obviously, whenever you get a chance to come back to a team that gave you your start and I made my big league debut with them, its always exciting to come back and play with an organization like that." Its been a trying year and a half for Mastroianni since he fouled a Joe Kelly pitch off his left shin in a spring training game in 2013..ddddddddddddHe suffered an avulsion fracture but tried to play through it. He was shut down in April and underwent surgery in May. Even though he returned late in the season the procedure didnt take and Mastroianni underwent a second surgery last November. He cleared waivers in December but appeared in seven April games with the Twins before being designated for assignment. Thats when the Blue Jays claimed him off waivers. "I didnt really know what was going to happen," said Mastroianni. "Obviously you hope you get a chance; that someone would want you and it was exciting to know that the Blue Jays felt that they wanted me to come over here and I was even more excited to get that call (Wednesday) that I was going to join them here." Mastroianni is a base stealer. He swiped 21 bases in 24 attempts for the Twins in 2012. His performance in Buffalo since his acquisition has allayed any fears his foot surgeries have affected his speed. Mastroianni has 14 stolen bases in 16 tries. The Blue Jays arent scheduled to face any starting left-handed pitching on the road trip or when the club returns home to face the Yankees on June 23 and so a strict bench role appears to be in Mastroiannis future. Regardless, hes excited. "This is kind of new territory for me," said Mastroianni. "Ive never been on a team thats in first place. Its kind of new. Its exciting for me. I always felt that my role on a team was to help teams win late in the game, whether its pinch-run, defence, whatever and its exciting if that is the role to be on a team when you can actually impact and really help a team win baseball games." GIBBONS PRAISES BAUTISTA Whether the club is running hot or cold and regardless of whether Jose Bautista is streaking or slumping at the plate, manager John Gibbons said his star player sets the right example. "When your top dog or one of your top guys, their mindset is they show up everyday, man, they lay it out there, thats important because its not always the case," said Gibbons. "Not just in this sport, any sport, if your top guy does things the right way, everybody falls behind that. When they do it the wrong way, everybody falls that way too and that can work against you." Bautista, as he has for most of the season, continues to lead baseball in on-base percentage (.434 entering Thursdays action). His seven outfield assists are second only to Oaklands Yoenis Cespedes. "He does everything right," said Gibbons. "He prepares himself. Hes into it. He doesnt take an inning off." RASMUS BEGINS REHAB ASSIGNMENT Colby Rasmus served as the designated hitter in Triple-A Buffalos 11-0 win at Toledo on Thursday night. In four plate appearances, he went 1-for-3 with a single, a walk and a strikeout. The plan is for Rasmus to play five innings in centerfield on Friday and play another full game at designated hitter on Saturday. At that point Rasmus right hamstring will be evaluated, possibly paving the way for his return to the Blue Jays early next week. ' ' 'ed than physically tired," said City manager Manuel Pellegrini, who is still not giving up hope. "Remember this team, two years ago, were six points behind the leaders and ... won the title at the end. So it is difficult, but it is not the last game we play." Pressure also seems to have struck Evertons battle for the last Champions League spot with Arsenal. Everton became the latest team to slip up against Crystal Palace, losing 3-2 at home to end its seven-match winning run and miss the chance of reclaiming fourth place from Arsenal, which is one point ahead with four matches remaining. "We wanted to win so much that we stopped being ourselves," Everton manager Roberto Martinez said, "and that is what we have to learn from." Palaces fourth straight win means the side can surely start preparing for another season in the top flight and lends further weight to many pundits argument that Tony Pulis is the manager of the season. When Pulis took over in November, Palace was bottom and six points from safety -- now, it is 11th and 10 points above the relegation zone. Sunderland is six points from safety with a game in hand, but could have been a lot closer if goalkeeper Vito Mannone had gathered Nasris shot rather than fumbled it into the back of the net. That could be the difference between staying in the Premier League and being relegated. "Its one more blow," Sunderland manager Gus Poyet said. "I tell you what, Im testing my heart this year." Without the injured David Silva and Yaya Toure and with star striker Sergio Aguero lacking match sharpness, City lacked its usual creativity going forward and was sloppy in possession. Fernandinho gave City the lead in the second minute, running onto a short pass from Aguero that was dummied by Alvaro Negredo and scoring inside Mannones near post, but Sunderland had the better of the chances for the rest of the first half. Connor Wickham finally took one of them in the 73rd minute, volleying in a cross from substitute Emanuele Giaccherini, and the same players combined for Wickhams second that came on the counter-attack in the 83rd. City escaped with a point thanks to Nasri, but Liverpool and Chelsea will be celebrating another twist in the title race. "We believe we can win the title," Fernandinho said. "Chelsea and Liverpool have four games and they may drop some points -- we think we can still win the title." At Goodison Park, Jason Puncheon scored his fourth goal in three games before Scott Dann added a second for Palace for a 2-0 lead after 49 minutes. Substitute Steven Naismith reduced the deficit in the 61st before Palace restored their two-goal advantage through striker Cameron Jerome in the 73rd. Kevin Mirallas scored Evertons second goal in the 86th. Fausse Yeezy Boost 350 v2 Pas Cher . Sami Salo scored two goals as the Canucks overcame a hat-trick from Edmonton Oiler rookie sensation Ryan Nugent-Hopkins to win 4-3 in NHL action Saturday. Yeezy Boost 350 Pas Cher .C. -- The Carolina Hurricanes have activated defenceman Joni Pitkanen from injured reserve. http://www.pascheryeezy350v2.fr/fausse-off-white-yeezy-350-v2.html. -- Arizona pitcher Bronson Arroyo is expected to miss a week to 10 days because of a back injury. Yeezy 350 V2 Blanche Pas Cher . Austin Watson, Scott Ford, Filip Forsberg and Mark Van Guilder had the other goals for the Admirals (30-21-12). Scott Darling made 30 saves for his 10th win of the season. Yeezy 350 v2 France .Y. -- Florida Panthers captain Ed Jovanovski finally has something to show for all the pain he went through in overcoming a string of injuries that kept him sidelined for much of the past two years. BOSTON -- With security tight along the 26.2-mile route, tens of thousands of runners set out from the starting line at the Boston Marathon on Monday in a "Boston Strong" show of resilience a year after the deadly bombing. "I showed up, Im back, and I am going to finish what I didnt finish last year," said Mary Cunningham, 50, of St. Petersburg, Fla., who was stopped a mile short of the finish line by the explosions last year. The two pressure-cooker bombs that went off near the finish line killed three people and wounded more than 260. Police were deployed in force along the course, with helicopters circling above and bomb-sniffing dogs checking through trash cans. Officers were posted on roofs. Boston Marathon race director Dave McGillivray said it had been a long and difficult year. "Were taking back our race," he said. "Were taking back the finish line." A total of 35,755 athletes were registered to run -- the second-largest field in its history, with many coming to show support for the event and the city that was traumatized by the attack on its signature sporting event. "I cant imagine the number of emotions that are going to be there," said Katie ODonnell, who was stopped less than a mile from the end last year. "I think Im going to start crying at the starting line, and Im not sure Ill stop until I cross the finish line." Buses bearing the message "Boston Strong" dropped off runners at the starting line in the town of Hopkinton. A banner on one building read: "You are Boston Strong. You Earned This." The most obvious change for the 118th running of the worlds oldest annual marathon was the heavy security. Nevertheless, many found the atmosphere to be calm and friendly. "I think everybody is being very pleasant," said Jean Bertschman, a Hopkinton resident who comes to watch the start of the marathon most years and had never seen anything close to this level of security. Spectators went through tight seccurity checkpoints before being allowed near Hopkinton Common.dddddddddddd Runners had to use clear plastic bags for their belongings, and fans hoping to watch near the finish line were encouraged to leave strollers and backpacks behind. More than 100 cameras were installed along the route in Boston, and race organizers said 50 or so observation points would be set up around the finish line to monitor the crowd. Runner Scott Weisberg, 44, from Birmingham, Ala., said he had trouble sleeping the night before. "With everything that happened last year, I cant stop worrying about it happening again. I know the chances are slim to none, but I cant help having a nervous pit in my stomach," Weisberg said. Race organizers expanded the field from its recent cap of 27,000 to make room for more than 5,000 runners who were still on the course last year at the time of the explosions, for friends and relatives of the victims, and for those who made the case that they were "profoundly impacted" by the attack. Lelisa Desisa of Ethiopia and Kenyas Rita Jeptoo, who crossed the finish line on Boylston Street about three hours before the explosions, returned to defend their championships. Desisa came to Boston last fall to donate his first-place medal to the city as a gesture of support. Jeptoo, who also won the race in 2006, said she is hoping for a third victory -- and one she can enjoy. "It was very difficult to be happy. People were injured and children died," she said of last years marathon. "If Im going to win again, I hope I can be happier and to show people, like I was supposed to last year." Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 20, is awaiting trial in the April 15, 2013, attack and could get the death penalty. Prosecutors said he and his older brother -- ethnic Chechens who came to the U.S. from Russia more than a decade ago -- carried out the attack in retaliation for U.S. wars in Muslim lands. Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, died in a shootout with police days after the bombings. ' ' '

Cl11234566 n'est pas connecté  View user's profile Send private message
      Remonter...  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum La vie en dehors du refuge He prepares himself