Le refuge ^_^

Recherche Avancée...

Les Blogs ^_^ Forum S'enregistrer Liste des Membres Groupes d'utilisateurs L'herbier Logithèque
Chat Irc!
Jeux  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum Le garde manger Rod-Woodson-Jersey
      Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure  

Lun Jan 21, 2019 7:42
Message Auteur Message
linchao
Dahu
Dahu

L'humeur de linchao sur www.imood.com

Sujet du message:  Rod-Woodson-Jersey Répondre en citant

The Pittsburgh Steelers are back-to-back winners for the first time in this 2018 season after a solid performance vs. the Cincinnati Bengals at Paul Brown Stadium in Week 6. With the team now able to relax on their bye-week in Week 7 https://www.steelerssportshop.com/Rod-Woodson-Jersey , they will hope to improve on their 3-2-1 record by beating the Cleveland Browns and Baltimore Ravens in Weeks 8 and 9. Something I did last season and I’m going to start again is the Black-and-gold Links article. This is an article where I take stories from quality news sources across the Internet and add them here for your viewing pleasure. I won’t be posting the entire articles, but I’ll link each story and author so that you can read the full article. Today we talk about how the return of Steelers safety Morgan Burnett can be a huge help in the versatility department for the Pittsburgh defense coming off the bye week.Let’s get to the news:Burnett’s impending return brings creativity to Steelers defenseBy: Joe Rutter, Pittsburgh Tribune-ReviewJoe Haden seemed to be caught off guard by the question.The Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback was asked Thursday morning whether the package that features seven defensive backs was still a part of the team’s playbook.Haden took a second to ponder it.“I think so,” he said.Forgive Haden for the uncertainty. After all, the Steelers haven’t used the dollar formation since the season opener – and even then seven defensive backs were on the field for a single play.For all of the talk about the dollar subpackage being a viable option on certain passing downs and for all of the time devoted to practicing it in training camp, the Steelers haven’t used the formation since early in the first quarter Sept. 9 at Cleveland.But with veteran strong safety Morgan Burnett nearing a return after a four-game, five-week absence, the Steelers might dust the cobwebs off the dollar when the play the Browns again Sunday at Heinz Field.Rookie first-round pick Terrell Edmunds moved into the starting strong safety spot because of Burnett’s groin injury, and he’s expected to remain in the lineup. That means Burnett will play in some subpackages, likely the quarters formation (three safeties, three cornerbacks) or dollar.“He has a unique skill set, and he’s a guy we want to have out on the field,” Haden said. “I think having him back will make it more flexible for us.”The Steelers gave Burnett a three-year, $14.35 million contract to replace Mike Mitchell in the secondary, with Sean Davis moving to free safety. His arrival as a safety/hybrid linebacker after eight years in Green Bay also was supposed to make up for the loss of inside linebacker Ryan Shazier.Burnett, though, has been in the training room more than the field. Counting the preseason, he has missed six of the past eight games because of injury. This week, Burnett has practiced on consecutive days for the first time since early September.Asked how Burnett can help the Steelers, defensive coordinator Keith Butler said, “Tremendously. He’s had a good week of practice. We miss him, and I’m glad he’s back.”In his absence, the Steelers have used Cameron Sutton as a safety in the quarters package but have been reluctant to deploy the dollar.“Sometimes game situations predict how much dollar we can play,”Butler said. “(Burnett) was certainly a big part of that. We had to play the guys we had. Sometimes we changed personnel. Sometimes we didn’t.”Burnett is equipped to play a hybrid spot in subpackages because of his size. At 6-foot-1, 209 pounds, he’s two inches taller and 20 pounds heavier than Sutton.“He adds a physical presence for us,” outside linebacker Bud Dupree said. “He can play in the box, he can cover guys, be a safety. He’s a big body who can bring it down hill.”Steelers to get 1st look at Browns’ No. 1 pick Baker MayfieldBy: Chris Adamski, Pittsburgh Tribune-ReviewThe average NFL experience level for the starting quarterbacks for the Pittsburgh Steelers’ first six opponents this year is nine seasons. Just one played fewer than eight years as a pro.That will change in a major way Sunday against the Cleveland Browns Rocky Bleier Color Rush Jersey , who will start rookie Baker Mayfield. The No. 1 overall pick in April, Mayfield will be making his fifth NFL start.“He’s a young guy, but he’s a spirited guy,” Steelers defensive coordinator Keith Butler said. “He’s peppy and excited about playing. I think he’s a real competitor for them, and he’s going to bring that to the game.”When the Steelers played the Browns in Cleveland seven weeks ago, eight-year veteran Tyrod Taylor was their starter. Mayfield replaced him during the Week 3 Thursday night game against the New York Jets and promptly led the Browns to their first victory in two years.He’s 1-3 as a starter since, with two of the defeats (and the win) coming in overtime.“You see (Mayfield’s competitiveness) when you play their tape,” coach Mike Tomlin said. “I think it goes beyond the playmaking that he brings. I think he’s a catalyst for them. I think he inspires others with his spirit and how he approaches it. I think his inclusion and play has been a positive thing for them.”Mayfield has completed 57.8 percent of his passes for 1,291 yards, six touchdowns and five interceptions for a 78.5 rating. He also has 82 rushing yards on 14 attempts.Befitting his image, Mayfield has been one of the most aggressive quarterbacks in the league. Among current starters, he ranks fourth in the league in average intended air yards (9.2 per attempt, according to the NFL’s Next Gen Stats). Also, 17.6 percent of his passes are thrown into a tight window (defined by when a defender within 1 yard or less of the receiver at the time of completion or incompletion).“He’s got a good arm. He’s got a REALLY good arm,” Butler said. “He’s got a cannon on him, and I think he’s a smart guy.”Kevin Gorman: Artie Burns bounce-back game critical for SteelersBy: Kevin Gorman, Pittsburgh Tribune-ReviewCornerback has become the most critical position for the Pittsburgh Steelers, so it shouldn’t surprise that any conversation about their corners involves criticism of Artie Burns.Where Burns is trying to bounce back from his fourth-quarter benching against the Cincinnati Bengals by “getting better and winning a Super Bowl,” the Steelers know the latter depends on the former from their 2016 first-round pick.In a week when his teammates actively campaigned for the Steelers to trade for Arizona Cardinals six-time Pro Bowl cornerback Patrick Peterson, and Steelers coach Mike Tomlin suggested Burns smile through the face of adversity, Burns instead responded to trade talk with a stiff upper lip Thursday in the locker room at UPMC Rooney Sports Complex.“I don’t really care,” Burns said. “If I get traded, I get traded. I’ll still have a job somewhere else. I’m here to work.”What if the Steelers trade for a cornerback?“If they do, they do,” Burns said. “I don’t really pay attention to that.”Burns spent the bye and this week paying attention to details, with a focus on fundamentals. That was the rap on Burns coming out of Miami, that he had the size and speed but was a raw talent.Steelers Hall of Fame cornerback Rod Woodson was among his most vocal critics after the Steelers’ 28-21 victory over the Bengals on Oct. 14, especially after Burns gave a 10-yard cushion and backpedaled three steps into the end zone on Tyler Boyd’s 14-yard touchdown catch.Woodson brought up an interesting point in an interview on 93.7 FM, subscribing to the same suspicion I’ve had about Burns: His greater struggle is with confidence, not technique.“You’d think all players who are in the National Football League have the utmost confidence in who they are and their ability and they can cover any receiver 鈥?and that’s not the case all the time Terry Bradshaw Jersey ,” Woodson told 93.7. “A lot of times, I don’t know if everybody always believes in the guy that they see in the mirror. But, at the end of the day, you have to believe in who he is and that he can accomplish and play in this league because if you don’t believe it, it’s not going to happen.“If he lost it for some reason, can he get it back? Absolutely. He just needs to have a couple good games. All players are going to have some bad games. But they can’t be error repeaters.”The Artie Burns who challenged Antonio Brown in practice every day, the one who picked off passes from Ben Roethlisberger during training camp has been missing this season. Burns hasn’t been the same since he was benched in Week 3 and started rotating with Coty Sensabaugh.“There’s a storm, sometimes. You’ve just got to weather it and come back to what you do,” Burns said. “It’s just football. You deal with things. One week, you may be up. One week, you may be down. 鈥?I think corner gets judged the hardest.”That’s true, and the Steelers have shown the willingness, if not downright desperation, to address positions or players they deem problems. They traded for tight end Vance McDonald and signed cornerback Joe Haden and dealt cornerback Ross Cockrell and receiver Sammie Coates last year — all signs of a win-now mode.But the Steelers rank 27th in the league against the pass this season, and they can’t continue to watch Burns allow big pass plays and draw costly penalties. So they are his harshest critics at the moment, especially because they have the most invested in Burns and know giving up on him could be costly for future salary-cap implications. The Steelers 24-17 head-scratching loss to the Broncos at High Mile Stadium on Sunday was one in which you could place blame in many different directions.That is, of course, if you don’t value the takeaway—a statistic the defense clearly hasn’t valued since 2011. But lack of takeaways, aside, it’s hard to affix blame for Sunday’s loss on Keith Butler’s unit, not when the 24 points his guys allowed should have been good enough for a lopsided victory. No, yielding 24 points doesn’t exactly remind one of the ‘76 Steelers (or, for the younger people—like, even me—the ‘08 edition), but if you watched the game, you know that amount should have been more than enough to obtain victory. And if the offense and special teams didn’t do their parts to demoralize the defense on several occasions, Denver may not even have sniffed 20 points, let alone 24. That’s right, when your offense and special teams combine to leave at least—AT LEAST—20 points on the football field, that’s where the blame for a seven-point loss safely rests. And you can blame game-planning if you want—some people have been questioning the run/pass or https://www.steelerssportshop.com/Ryan-Switzer-Jersey , better yet, pass/run ratio (58 passes vs. 16 runs)—but it was a good enough game-plan for Pittsburgh to move the football all day long to the tune of 527 yards of total offense. The game-plan seemed superb when Xavier Grimble pulled in a perfectly executed tight end screen pass early in the second quarter and had the easiest touchdown of his life just waiting for him in the end zone. Only, he never really made it to the end zone, because instead of being smart in so many different ways—including placing the football in his leftarm—he decided to impose his will on defensive back Will Parks right around the half yard line. Avoiding him altogether seemed like the smarter choice, especially after Parks separated Grimble from the football just long enough for it to roll out of bounds and be ruled a touch-back. Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger also deserves blame for doing his very best to ensure he won’t be included in the MVP discussions after two more interceptions on Sunday to go with the three he had a week earlier against the Jaguars. Unfortunately, unlike the Jacksonville game, Roethlisberger couldn’t overcome his miscues.His first interception came late in the third quarter, just when it looked like Pittsburgh, who had managed to overcome Grimble’s gaffe to establish a 17-10 lead, was about to impose its will on the inferior Broncos. Two plays after the interception by Chris Harris, which he returned to the Steelers 43, Denver found its way into the end zone to knot the score at 17. Roethlisberger’s second interception occurred in the end zone with a little over a minute to play, just when it looked like the Steelers, who were now trailing 24-17 and faced a third and goal from the three, were about to tie the game. The reason the Steelers were trailing 24-17 was because James Conner, the running back with a great story, has decided to include “Ball Security Issues” as a pretty weak chapter. After failing to hold onto two important passes late in the game against Jacksonville, Conner fumbled the football after a sizable gain at the end of the third quarter that would have set Pittsburgh up in great position tobreak a 17-17 tie. Instead, the Broncos recovered Conner’s fumble and broke the tie themselves, on an 11-play, 79-yard touchdown drive. That’s four turnovers with two of those preventing what should have been easy touchdowns, and Conner’s that prevented at least—AT LEAST—a field goal.And, then, of course, you can’t forget about the blocked field goal early in the game that could have given the Steelers another three points. That’s 20 points by my count. That’s good enough for an easy road victory. When someone says a team gave a game away, they’re not always thinking rationally. However, the Steelers game-long gift-giving of unwrapped footballs to the Broncos on Sunday was the very definition of giving a game away.
I can show you all the sports, strength, and even passion. Welcome, I sincerely serve you, everything is for you. You can call me "Lin" and welcome to our sports kingdom——http://www.chicagobearsteamonline.com We will be happy to serve you. 

linchao n'est pas connecté  View user's profile Send private message Visiter le site web du posteur
      Remonter...  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum Le garde manger Rod-Woodson-Jersey