Le refuge ^_^

Recherche Avancée...

Les Blogs ^_^ Forum S'enregistrer Liste des Membres Groupes d'utilisateurs L'herbier Logithèque
Chat Irc!
Jeux  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum La boussole du refuge www.authenticsjacksonvillejaguars.com
      Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure  

Mar Juin 11, 2019 8:40
Message Auteur Message
hongwei28
bronzé
bronzé

Sujet du message:  www.authenticsjacksonvillejaguars.com Répondre en citant

Issa Rae said she feels that women’s voices have been amplified in the film and television worlds and she’s happy to be part of the group leading the change and opening doors for others.

”I do think there’s a renaissance in so many different ways Josh Allen Jersey ,” the actress said at NFL’s Women’s Summit on Friday. ”We have a newfound power, a newly rediscovered power. We’re like, `…We can speak up, and we can get stuff done, and we can make a change, and we can reclaim our stories.”

”It just seems so much more attainable (for women) because you are seeing a shift behind the scenes.”

Rae’s words come on the heels of Greta Gerwig’s historic Oscar nomination for best director with ”Lady Bird,” making her just the fifth woman nominated for the prestigious prize.

There have been major wins by women’s stories on television at the recent Emmy and Golden Globe Awards by HBO’s ”Big Little Lies” and Hulu’s ”The Handmaid’s Tale,” shows where actresses Nicole Kidman, Reese Witherspoon and Elisabeth Moss also serve as executive producers.

Director Ava DuVernay made history with her Oscar and Golden Globe nominations, while Shonda Rhimes continues to be a force on television, launching hits on ABC with ”How to Get Away with Murder Jawaan Taylor Jersey ,” ”Grey’s Anatomy” and ”Scandal.”

When asked by Maria Menounos about there being one opportunity for a minority actor or a woman on a show or project, Rae said, ”The one slot thing is ridiculous but there’s truth to it.

”Because I think a lot of executives, people who put stuff on television have that mentality of, `Oh, we have our black show, so sorry. Maybe try NBC.’ And that’s really discouraging in a way because there’s so many stories to tell.”

”Insecure,” which Rae created, produces and stars in, earned her two Golden Globe nominations and will return for its third season this year. It’s based on her hit web series, ”The Misadventures of Awkward Black Girl.”

She said going from YouTube to HBO ”was a long journey of brokenness Josh Oliver Jersey , you know. The first episode cost me $25.”

Rae launched a Kickstarter campaign to keep the series alive and music mogul Pharrell funded its second season. She said when the show’s fan base grew, networks were interested in building it up but Rae didn’t agree with some of the ideas.

”I had opportunities to take `Awkward Black Girl’ to television really early on for big networks, but for them it was about shifting it and changing it to fit their standards, and that never appealed to me. I was not in a rush,” she said.

Rae was one of the women who spoke at NFL’s third Women’s Summit held at the Pantages Theatre on Friday, days ahead of Super Bowl 52. She spent Thursday night at a listening party at Paisley Park for Justin Timberlake’s new album.

The 33-year-old signed a development deal with HBO to produce more content like ”Insecure” for the network. She said she’s thankful for her teachers in school who pushed her to reach her full potential.

”I had a lot of good mentors in school, like my high school teachers, a college professor specifically who was just really encouraging in terms of pushing me forward, helping me graduate `cause Lord knows that was hard to do,” said Rae, who graduated from Stanford University.

”Just because I liked extracurricular activities and I didn’t like going to class Deandre Baker Jersey , but you guys should go to class,” she said to laughs.

—–

Online:

The nerves weren’t quite so bad this time. The jitters, a touch less.

The stuff? Well, that didn’t change a bit for Milwaukee rookie pitcher Freddy Peralta. The 22-year-old handcuffed the Pittsburgh Pirates over six shutout innings and the Brewers held on for a 3-2 victory on Tuesday night.

Peralta (2-0) struck out seven without issuing a walk in his third career start, looking very much like the kid who tied a franchise record by striking out 13 in his major league debut last month. The Brewers sent him down to the minors after his second start to work on his control and he appeared to be firmly in command against the Pirates.

”It was normal, you know,” Peralta said. ”It’s always, work, you know? I was comfortable today with everything: my pitches, the guys behind me, everything.”

Jesus Aguilar finished 2 for 3 and drove in all three runs off Jameson Taillon (4-6). Aguilar hit a two-run shot to the seats in right-center in the first and doubled down the line in left field in the third.

”It was important http://www.newyorkgiantsteamonline.com/oshane-ximines-jersey , especially for Peralta, to just give him a lead right away. That way he feels confident,” Aguilar said.

Corey Knebel worked around a two-out walk in the ninth for his seventh save for the first-place Brewers, who ended a three-game losing streak.

Starling Marte hit his ninth home run of the season in the eighth off Milwaukee reliever Jeremy Jeffress to pull Pittsburgh with one. Jordy Mercer had an RBI double in the seventh but Pittsburgh’s offense mustered little with Peralta on the mound.

The 22-year-old attacked the Pirates high in the strike zone and threw 62 of his 99 pitches for strikes. Only Marte seemed able to generate solid contact. He reached second in the first when Milwaukee right fielder Eric Thames couldn’t handle a drive that bounced off his glove near the wall.

Peralta retired Moran on a lineout and settled in.

”He made pitches,” Pirates manager Clint Hurdle said. ”Kept us off balance with the curveball. Attacked. Very aggressive. Good downhill angle from a guy who’s not tall in stature. He pitched a lot taller than he was height-wise, and got after it.”

Taillon, coming off a solid outing in a win in Arizona last week, had plenty of swing-and-miss stuff – he recorded seven strikeouts in five innings – but had no answer for Aguilar. Lorenzo Cain led off the game with an infield single and two batters later Aguilar put one in the seats to put Milwaukee up 2-0.

”Jesus is a good hitter,” Milwaukee manager Craig Counsell said. ”He’s been a good hitter since the day we got him. I think he’s improving. He’s a hitter that understands pitching. He understands what they’re trying to do to him. He’s got experience now against the league a little bit. The league’s kind of adjusted to him and he’s been able to adjust back.”

A nearly identical sequence happened in the third. Cain reached on an infield hit and Aguilar laced the ball to left with Cain easily beating the throw home.

”Both times hanging breaking balls to Aguilar after an infield hit, he did what he should have done with them,” Taillon said.

OH SAY CAN YOU SEE

Pirates reliever Steven Brault moonlights as the front man in a rock band called The Street Gypsies. He found himself in front of a microphone on Tuesday night Julian Love Jersey , only this time the audience wasn’t a night club but PNC Park. The 26-year-old belted out “The Star-Spangled Banner” before first pitch, delivering on a promise he made to his grandmother.

”I think it went pretty well,” Brault said. ”I was a little more nervous than I thought I would be leading into it. I was fine, and then when I started singing, I was like `Oh, this is pretty cool.”’

TRAINER’S ROOM

Brewers: RHP Zach Davies (right rotator cuff inflammation) was scheduled to make a rehab start for Triple-A Colorado Springs on Tuesday night.

Pirates: OF Austin Meadows was held out of the starting lineup for a second straight game while dealing with a right foot injury suffered when he fouled a ball off it on Sunday. Meadows entered as a pinch hitter in the seventh and struck out to end the inning with runners on second and third.

UP NEXT

Brewers: Brent Suter will make his first career start against the Pirates in the series finale on Wednesday. Suter is 5-1 with a 3.24 ERA in his last six starts and 7-4 with a 4.30 ERA overall.

Pirates: Chad Kuhl (5-3, 3.76) is unbeaten against Milwaukee, going 3-0 with a 1.91 ERA. The Pirates are 6-0 overall in games Kuhl has started against the Brewers.

hongwei28 n'est pas connecté  View user's profile Send private message
      Remonter...  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum La boussole du refuge www.authenticsjacksonvillejaguars.com