Le refuge ^_^

Recherche Avancée...

Les Blogs ^_^ Forum S'enregistrer Liste des Membres Groupes d'utilisateurs L'herbier Logithèque
Chat Irc!
Jeux  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum La boussole du refuge Quinnen and Jonah Williams to Giants in this scenario"
      Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure  

Ven Juin 21, 2019 2:43
Message Auteur Message
liny195
Moniteur
Moniteur

Sujet du message:  Quinnen and Jonah Williams to Giants in this scenario" Répondre en citant

As we draw closer to the 2019 NFL Draft Color Rush Christopher Slayton Jersey , here is another 7-round New York Giants mock draft scenario for you to consider.This one uses the simulator at The Draft Network, which means no trades. My only real ground rule as I did this draft was that I decided not to use a pick on a quarterback in the early portions of the draft.Remember, this is a scenario. It’s understood that the draft won’t unfold exactly this way and that players will sometimes be available in spots where they shouldn’t be. The seventh round of this mock provides an example of something that is, truthfully, unlikely to happen. Still, the draft is inexact and unpredictable, so players will often be selected earlier or later than anticipated by the draft community.Round 1 (No. 6) — Quinnen Williams, DT, AlabamaWe have discussed this scenario. Didn’t matter who else was on the board. Williams fell here. There are some who believe Williams is the best player in the draft, and there was no way I was letting him get by. If this happens in the real draft, the Giants will feel like they won the lottery.Could Alabama DT Quinnen Williams fall to Giants at No. 6?Round 1 (No. 17) — Jonah Williams, OT, AlabamaPassed on: QBs Drew Lock and Daniel Jones, OT Cody Ford, CB Byron Murphy, Edge Clelin Ferrell There is more and more chatter that Williams could be the first tackle selected and could be off the board in the top 10. Here, he is still available at 17. I will happily plug him in at right tackle.Prospect Profile: Alabama OT Jonah Williams could solve a couple problems for the Giants’ offensive lineRound 2 (No. 37) — Nasir Adderley Youth Christopher Slayton Jersey , S, DelawarePassed on: DL Jeffrey Simmons and Dexter Lawrence, CBs Justin Layne, Rock Ya-Sin and Amani Oruwayire, OL Chris LindstromA number of strong possibilities here. I will take the guy who could be the long-term answer at safety after learning from Antoine Bethea for a year. Easy to argue that one of the cornerbacks would also be a solid choice.Round 3 (No. 95) — Dawson Knox, TE, MississippiPerhaps the Giants will consider the idea of using Evan Engram more as a wide receiver. That would be one reason to make a pick like this. Another would simply be to potentially upgrade the inline duo of Rhett Ellison and Scott Simonson. Draft analyst Matt Waldman spoke highly of Knox on a recent ‘Valentine’s Views’ podcast. Tony Pauline of Draft Analyst writes:The Giants might be in a position to give him that time.Prospect Profile: The Giants should consider Mississippi tight end Dawson Knox on Day 3Round 4 (No. 10Cool — JJ Arcega-Whiteside, WR, StanfordArcega-Whiteside is 6-foot-2, 225. He offers a body type and a skillset that could be a nice complement to the Giants smaller receivers. I will happily snag him here before the big middle of the draft run on receivers limits the choices.Prospect Profile: Stanford receiver J.J. Arcega-Whiteside isn’t flashy, but could be a stealRound 4 (No. 132) — Tytus Howard, OT, Alabama StateOdd spot in the draft here. The board I was staring at was filled with running backs and wide receivers. I didn’t want to go there. There wasn’t real value at positions of need like cornerback or center. Even though I already selected Williams in Round 1, I took Howard simply because he is a high-value, high-upside prospect who probably should have been off the board long before this pick.Prospect Profile: Alabama State OT Tytus Howard could be a potential gem for the GiantsRound 5 (No. 142) — Rodney Anderson, RB, OklahomaI’m still staring at a board filled with running backs and tight ends. The Giants could easily be looking for a back to compete with Wayne Gallman to backup Saquon Barkley Womens Christopher Slayton Jersey , and Anderson offers size at 224 pounds and upside, albeit with a risky injury history. I will take the chance this deep into the draft.Round 5 (No. 143) — Kingsley Keke, DL, Texas A&MAs with the last two picks, I’m staring at a board filled with running backs and tight ends. No desire to go in those directions. The Giants need to add depth to their defensive line rotation. That’s what I try to do here. Weirdly, Keke is the 142nd ranked player on the board, taken with the 143rd pick.Round 5 (No. 171) — Brett Rypien, QB, Boise StateMan, what is it with this Draft Network board? The first six players to choose from here are wide receivers. Eight of the first 10 are wide receivers. The other two? Running backs, of course.This turns into a nod to Mark Schofield and Matt Waldman, big Rypien boosters who think he has a chance to outperform his Day 3 draft stock. Yeah, I know. Another mid- to late-round quarterback and you’re tired of the Giants taking those. I’ve got 12 picks, though, people. Cut me some slack!Scouting the Quarterbacks: What kind of NFL prospect is Brett Rypien?Round 6 (No. 180) — Travis Fulgham, WR, ODUAlright Color Rush Julian Love Jersey , already! The top eight choices on the board here are wide receivers. I guess the Draft Gods are telling me to take one. I hope they’re happy now.Honestly, I do think the Giants will take a sixth- or seventh-round flier on a receiver. It might not be Fulgham, but on this board with the choices I have and the values the players are assigned he’s the guy I am going with.Round 7 (No. 232) — Austin Bryant, Edge, ClemsonOK, Draft Network folks, why is Bryant still available to me in Round 7 with the 232nd overall pick? He’s a guy who should come off the board in the middle rounds. Somehow or another, in a draft filled with edge rushers, this board never really presented me with proper value at that position. That — weirdly — gets fixed here.Round 7 (No. 245) — Montre Hartrage, CB, NorthwesternGotta pick somebody, right? Might as well be a player with some upside and special teams ability at a position of need. Minnesota’s Donnell Greene fits Gettleman’s mold for linemen. Is his a name to watch later in the draft?"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections New York Giants NewsGiants Training Camp 2016Giants vs. Eagles 2015, Week 172019 NFL DraftWould Minnesota’s Donnell Greene help reinforce the Giants’ offensive line?New,9commentsMinnesota’s Donnell Greene fits Gettleman’s mold for linemen. Is his a name to watch later in the draft?ESTShareTweetShareShareWould Minnesota’s Donnell Greene help reinforce the Giants’ offensive line?Raj Mehta-USA TODAY SportsDespite blowing up and completely rebuilding their offensive line in 2018, the New York Giants still need to find offensive linemen. They have potential holes at center, right guard, and right tackle Youth Julian Love Jersey , as well as a concerning lack of depth and developmental players. So not only do they need to invest premium resources (free agent money and potentially high-round draft picks) in their offensive line, they also need to find players with their many selections on the third day of the draft who could contribute in some way. Dave Gettleman has a very well established “type” when it comes to offensive linemen, and it is generally summed up as “big” and “strong”. Those two words describe Minnesota left tackle Donnell Greene exceptionally well. Green is certainly big, strong, and a mauling run blocker on power concepts, all of which means that we should probably take a closer look.MeasurablesProsBig, powerful tackle with a prototypical frame who doesn’t carry much bad weight.Bulldozing bully of a run blocker.Mauling blocker and generates plenty of torque once engaged. Easily anchors to absorb bull rushes.ConsNeeds to be more aggressive firing his punch in pass protection.Limited athlete. Occasionally lunges and plays out over his toes.Might struggle on outside zone plays in the NFL. Prospect VideoWhat They’re Saying Wide-body tackle prospect who could get looks as a backup swing tackle but would likely benefit from a full-time move inside to guard. Greene’s holes in pass protection can be improved, but not fixed as he lacks the athletic traits and technique to handle life on an island. He shows an ability to clear the running lanes of debris when he fires off into double teams and down blocks. A move inside to guard would minimize his weakness and maximize his strength as a backup guard with upside in a power-based run scheme. Lance Zierlein (NFL.com - Scouting Report) Does He Fit The Giants?The Giants need starting offensive linemen, but they also need depth and developmental linemen as well. Picking out where Greene would fit on the Giants roster is a bit tricky at the moment, but it is clear that his frame, physicality, and brute strength will certainly appeal to Dave Gettleman. Green is a limited athlete, and that shows up on tape. His feet are adequate in a short area, but when he has to expand his arc or match against speed, he struggles to keep up and winds up lunging. Likewise, he falls behind on outside zone runs and should not be used as a blocker on screen plays. But that being said, his feet were adequate to play offensive tackle for Minnesota Womens Julian Love Jersey , and with some coaching and work in the strength and conditioning program, could be adequate for the NFL as well. If not, and if he isn’t too tall, Greene could be a candidate to transition inside to guard, increasing his value as a depth player (or in the pursuit of a starting job). Of course, he would have to clean up his hand usage in pass protection in any case. While his hands aren’t bad, and are certainly heavy when it comes to run blocking, he doesn’t fire them with nearly the same authority in pass protection. Instead, he seems to prefer to “catch” rushers, rather than knocking them off their rushes with his punch before creating room. That will need to be cleaned up whether he stays at tackle or is tried inside, where the action only happens faster. Considering the Giants’ needs and Dave Gettleman’s preferences, Donnell Greene is a name to watch on the third day of the draft.

liny195 n'est pas connecté  View user's profile Send private message Visiter le site web du posteur
      Remonter...  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum La boussole du refuge Quinnen and Jonah Williams to Giants in this scenario"