Le refuge ^_^

Recherche Avancée...

Les Blogs ^_^ Forum S'enregistrer Liste des Membres Groupes d'utilisateurs L'herbier Logithèque
Chat Irc!
Jeux  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum La boussole du refuge More than four months have passed for Stefon Diggs since his yes-that-
      Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure  

Sam Sep 21, 2019 4:13
Message Auteur Message
liny195
Moniteur
Moniteur

Sujet du message:  More than four months have passed for Stefon Diggs since his yes-that- Répondre en citant

really-happened touchdown reception for Minnesota on the desperate last play from scrimmage gave the Vikings a postseason victory for the ages over New Orleans.He still hears about the play a couple of times per week.As nice as the accolades can be http://www.buccaneerslockerroom.com/authentic-kendell-beckwith-jersey , they won't win the Vikings any games this year."I'm kind of over it at this point. It's definitely a blessing, but we've got a brand new season to worry about, a lot of exciting things taking place right now, so I'm going to focus on that," Diggs said. "It's definitely an old smile right now."After a career-high eight touchdowns in 2017 while forming one of the NFL's best wide receiver duos with Adam Thielen, Diggs has entered the final year of his rookie contract, bound for a big raise.With Kirk Cousins now in place, he's working with his fourth primary starting quarterback in as many seasons in the league. John DeFilippo also represents his third offensive coordinator.Diggs is not one to be ruffled, though, not with the hurdles he has cleared over his career and the setbacks he's faced in life since his dad died 10 years ago."For me, it's just the same old building process, getting back going, getting the trust of your quarterback. That excites me, having a new challenge," said Diggs, who went to the Atlanta area with Thielen earlier this spring to hang out with and catch passes from Cousins.Those receiver-quarterback relationships are as important as any on the roster."As far as being our general and the guy that's going to lead us, I put 100 percent faith in him," Diggs said.Diggs is not the only integral Vikings player with an expiring deal, joining linebacker Anthony Barr and defensive end Danielle Hunter in the about-to-get-paid-a-lot club with no guarantee all three of them will fit under the salary cap.The price for Diggs has markedly increased since the "Minneapolis Miracle " game not only because of the clutch catch.Mike Evans (Tampa Bay), Sammy Watkins (Kansas City) and Jarvis Landry (Cleveland) have all signed new contracts since March with annual average values of more than $15 million. Diggs has been watching, naturally, with several public praises of his peers . Reading between the tweets? Diggs is clearly confident he'll be in their situation soon."I like to congratulate guys every chance I get," Diggs said. "So for my particular situation, I let my resume speak for itself. It'll figure itself out."If an extension doesn't get done in 2018 and he becomes a free agent, he could still sign with the Vikings, of course. Exploring the market doesn't sound like a goal of his, however."I love playing for the Vikings. I started here. I've had all my time here. I love my teammates. I love my staff. There's no place I'd rather be," he said.Barr was the only notable player missing on Wednesday from practice. Coach Mike Zimmer said Barr told him he wouldn't attend, but Zimmer didn't divulge a reason. Barr's absence could be driven by a form of soft protest about the lack of a new deal or self-preservation from injury. These organized team activities in late May and early June are not required. Only the minicamp in mid-June is contractually mandatory.One player whose presence was more pertinent than anyone's absence was kicker Kai Forbath, who was startled last month when the Vikings drafted Auburn kicker Daniel Carlson in the fifth round. Such moves rarely end well for the incumbent."I fortunately have never lost a competition, and I'm not shying away from this one just because they drafted him," Forbath said. "As long as I make my kicks Vernon Hargreaves III Jersey , everything should take care of itself." NEW ORLEANS (AP)Drew Brees started listing the mistakes the Saints made against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. There were two lost fumbles, one on Alvin Kamara’s run and another on Willie Snead’s muffed punt. Wil Lutz missed a 43-yard field goal and had an extra point blocked. Brees missed a deep throw to Ted Ginn when the speedy receiver was behind the Bucs’ defense. The Saints’ kickoff return unit also botched a trick play . In the NFL, teams generally need to be playing well to overcome all that. New Orleans overcame it to the tune of a 30-10 rout. ”By no means was it perfect out there,” Brees said. ”I felt like we had some opportunities to score” more points. The Saints (6-2) are now riding a six-game winning streak, longer than any streak they had during their last playoff season in 2013, and their longest since 2011. Four of the victories have been by two touchdowns or more. None was closer than eight points. Against Tampa Bay, the Saints made their share of big plays. There was Kamara’s serpentine, 33-yard touchdown on a screen pass and Ginn’s 36-yard score on a pass over the middle. Undrafted rookie Justin Hardee scored New Orleans’ first TD when he blocked a punt and recovered it on the run. Defensively, the Saints continued to look like world beaters in what has been a stunning turnaround from New Orleans’ 0-2 start, during which the same unit gave up 1,025 yards and 65 points. ”We started out being one of the youngest defenses in the league,” said defensive end Cameron Jordan, who had 1 1/2 sacks against Tampa Bay. ”I could not be prouder of our defense and the way that they are playing.” The Bucs (2-6) lost their fifth straight, and their frustration boiled over during a scuffle that involved quarterback Jameis Winston and receiver Mike Evans. Winston, who lasted only a half while playing with a shoulder injury, instigated the third-quarter dust-up when left the sideline and pushed his finger into the back of rookie cornerback Marshon Lattimore’s helmet. Lattimore shoved back and then Evans decked Lattimore from behind, drawing an unnecessary roughness flag. Evans berated himself for being childish and malicious. Winston, whose playing status for next week is uncertain, acknowledged that he’s not dealing well with the disappointment of a season that began with a lot of promise after the Bucks narrowly missed the playoffs a year ago. ”I hate losing. I hate losing. I hate losing,” Winston said. ”It’s something that we are going to have to handle internally, but we are going to handle it.” Some other things to know about New Orleans’ victory over Tampa Bay: RARE TURNAROUND: The Saints are only the third team in the Super Bowl era to follow an 0-2 start with six straight victories. The other two teams that did that – 1993 Dallas Cowboys and 2007 New York Giants – both won Super Bowls. PASSING DOWNTURN: Tampa Bay arrived in New Orleans with the NFL’s second-ranked passing game, but managed only 113 yards through the air against a Saints secondary featuring rookies Lattimore and safety Marcus Williams, along with and second-year cornerback Ken Crawley and second-year safety Vonn Bell. Evans and receiver DeSean Jackson combined for three catches for 38 yards. Winston and backup Ryan Fitzpatrick each were sacked twice. O.J. Howard fumbled after a short reception. BREES’ HOUSE: Brees’ two touchdown passes gave him 225 in his career in the Superdome. That’s the most in NFL history by a quarterback in the same stadium. He completed 22 of 27 passes (81.5 percent) for 263 yards with no interceptions. HARD YARDS: Tampa Bay also struggled to run, finishing with 87 yards on 25 rushing attempts. Doug Martin had 7 yards on eight carries. Fitzpatrick’s 30 yards on three scrambles made him the Bucs’ second-leading rusher behind Peyton Barber, who had 34 yards on 11 rushes. BIG BOUNCE: Hardee was a receiver at Illinois, and felt like one again as he located the rebound of his punt block, watched it into his hands and waltzed into the end zone for his first career touchdown. The timing could not have been much better. His father and aunt were at their second Saints game, and first in the Superdome. ”A true blessing, but it don’t stop here,” Hardee said. ”I’m hungry. I want more.” —

liny195 n'est pas connecté  View user's profile Send private message Visiter le site web du posteur
      Remonter...  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum La boussole du refuge More than four months have passed for Stefon Diggs since his yes-that-