Le refuge ^_^

Recherche Avancée...

Les Blogs ^_^ Forum S'enregistrer Liste des Membres Groupes d'utilisateurs L'herbier Logithèque
Chat Irc!
Jeux  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum L'atelier WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Jaguars Free
      Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure  

Jeu Sep 26, 2019 8:13
Message Auteur Message
zhangzk
Moniteur
Moniteur

Sujet du message:  WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Jaguars Free Répondre en citant

While the Jacksonville Jaguars are deciding on how to approach the quarterback position this offseason Marcell Dareus Jerseys Stitched , we will get to see the battle of the "win now" mentality pitted against long term planning...." Agency 2016Jaguars Film RoomNFL DraftJaguars Injury NewsLatest NewsJaguars will see ‘win now’ and ‘long term’ dichotomy play outNew,48commentsESTShareTweetShareShareJaguars will see ‘win now’ and ‘long term’ dichotomy play outTrevor Ruszkowski-USA TODAY SportsWhile the Jacksonville Jaguars are deciding on how to approach the quarterback position this offseason, we will get to see the battle of the “win now” mentality pitted against long term planning. That dichotomy between the different philosophies is going to play out based on how Jaguars head coach Doug Marrone and general manager David Caldwell answered questions about the direction of the team at the position.At the end of last season, Jaguars owner Shad Khan issued a statement that most people labeled as a win-now ultimatum, but I’m still not sure that’s what Khan actually meant by it. I took it more as an ultimatum to be competitive, not be an embarrassment offensively and not be eliminated from the playoffs by the end of October. Like I said though, that’s how I personally took it. How the organization took and/or meant it could be entirely different.The main point is though, you will often hear about how certain people in an organization have a mentality to win now. They’re concerned with the upcoming season, not four years down the road. You also have some who are concerned more-so about the long term than right now. They’re building out a franchise, not just a season.For instance, look at how Doug Marrone answers a question about being under pressure to win now.“When aren’t we under a lot of pressure to win? You look at the way the league is now Youth Marcell Dareus Jerseys , and I can’t speak for anyone else, but I look at it as the same every day. There are 32 of these jobs. You can never take it for granted. Every day for me, I am trying to come in and earn that job, whether it is now, tomorrow, because at any given time, if you don’t do a good job someone can say, ‘Hey, listen, we are moving on and bring someone else in.’,” Marrone said when asked about the pressure to win coupled with the uncertainty at the quarterback position.“I think that when decisions are made I think that is why the management structure is set up the way it is. I think for coaches we understand that http://www.thejaguarslockerroom.com/authentic-niles-paul-jersey ,” Marrone continued. “We may put forth decisions to win now and do some things differently that may hurt the organization for the long period of time where I think you have a general manager and we have a executive vice president [of football operations] that they keep the owners best interest for the long term of the organization involved. I think that is a battle and the reality of it. I tend to make sure I am a team player and I really make decisions that I think are best for the team.”More or less, Marrone is saying he’d ideally prefer to have an experienced proven player but he knows that those decisions are above him and he can only work with what he’s given and understands sometimes it’s about more than just the right now. I’ve seen some people try to parse how Marrone answered this to say he’s lobbying for a veteran or he’s already been told they’re going young, but I think that’s getting a little ahead of it. Marrone has always been pretty straight forward, so I think this it just him answering earnestly what he’d like in an ideal situation. It’s a pragmatic answer.It makes sense that a coach would prefer the “win now” type of route, because that’s how their job is judged. What are they doing with what they have currently. They’re not concerned about three years down the road, because they might not be here.On the flip side of that, someone like Dave Caldwell and Tom Coughlin have to consider the long term because the chances are they out last the coach. Not necessarily that these two will outlast Marrone, but typically a front office guy is going to last a bit longer than a head coach. They have to not only consider what is the best course of action for the 2019 season, but also looking ahead to 2020 and 2021.We don’t often get to see that battle play itself out, because none of these people are what I would call “safe” in their current roles. JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) — The Jacksonville Jaguars built their offense around a player who played less than 30 percent of the snaps this season.Running back Leonard Fournette was injured Josh Allen Jersey Color Rush , suspended and on the bench in crunch time. He was fined, criticized and admittedly not in ideal shape late in the year.Fournette was more of a problem than a pro.And now the Jaguars (5-11) have to decide what to do with the fourth overall pick in the 2017 NFL draft. It’s one of the main questions Jacksonville faces as it heads into an offseason that will be focused on revamping an offense that ranked 31st in the league in scoring.Coach Doug Marrone confirmed Monday that the team has voided the remaining guarantees in Fournette’s four-year rookie contract worth $27.1 million. The team made the move following Fournette’s weeklong suspension in late November. Fournette still could challenge the decision, which could cost him up to $7.1 million.At the very least, Fournette is now at risk of being cut or traded. No one would be surprised to see either happen after Sunday’s season finale at Houston.Fournette and fellow running back T.J. Yeldon spent most of the 20-3 loss on the bench and disengaged from coaches and teammates. Fournette was inactive because of foot and ankle injuries; Yeldon was active but did not play.“It’s disappointing what occurred the other day,” Marrone said Monday. “We have taken care of it from a disciplinary standpoint, but like what I’ve always told you, those things remain between the club and the player.”Personnel chief Tom Coughlin ripped both players for being “disrespectful” and “selfish.”“Their behavior was unbecoming of a professional football player,” Coughlin said in a statement.Fournette has missed 11 games in two seasons because of injuries and suspensions. The former LSU star ran for 439 yards and five touchdowns in eight games this season after running for 1,040 yards and nine touchdowns as a rookie.But he also was suspended one game in 2017 for leaving early during the bye week and suspended a week without pay for leaving the bench, running across the field and instigating a fight with Buffalo defensive end Shaq Lawson on Nov. 25. Fournette lost nearly $100,000 in salary during the weeklong suspension. It could cost him considerably more if the Jaguars decided to cut him with no guaranteed money remaining.“I definitely pride myself on trying to help some of the younger guys develop Cheap Josh Allen Jersey ,” veteran defensive end Calais Campbell said. “I do believe that he’s a good person at heart and wants to be a good player. This is a unique situation, but I believe that he’s going to continue to mature and hopefully be who we need him to be.”Jaguars owner Shad Khan opted to keep Coughlin, Marrone and general manager Dave Caldwell intact for 2019 , giving them a chance to fix the team’s problems. Jacksonville finished last in the AFC South after making the conference championship game last January, a freefall that could be blamed mostly on offensive injuries and ineptitude.Offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett was fired in November, creating one opening Marrone still has to fill. Quarterback Blake Bortles, who regressed in his fifth season and was benched, expects to be released before March.“When things don’t go well, a lot of it falls on the quarterback’s shoulders,” Bortles said. “I know that and signed up for that and have no problem with it, whether it’s a scapegoat or whatever you want to call it Josh Allen Jacksonville Jaguars Jerseys , somebody’s got to take the blame when things don’t go well. I think Nathaniel was one of those guys. I think I’m one of those guys. And I think other guys on this team were part of that as well.”Right tackle Jermey Parnell, tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins and running back Carlos Hyde could join Bortles in the free-agent market. Yeldon, receiver Donte Moncrief, right guard A.J. Cann and running back Corey Grant are soon-to-be free agents. So are eight reserve offensive linemen.So numerous changes are coming for Jacksonville’s offense.And now Fournette’s future looks as wobbly as one of Bortles’ passes.“Availability, coachability and scheme,” Marrone said when asked about the offensive makeover ahead. “When I talk about that, we have to do a better job with the players we have available. We have to do a better job if those players don’t become available, what we’re going to do next. I think that’s an important thing when we look at it, and I think that was a mistake that I made this year.”

zhangzk n'est pas connecté  View user's profile Send private message
      Remonter...  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum L'atelier WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Jaguars Free