Le refuge ^_^

Recherche Avancée...

Les Blogs ^_^ Forum S'enregistrer Liste des Membres Groupes d'utilisateurs L'herbier Logithèque
Chat Irc!
Jeux  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum La boussole du refuge in Denver
      Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure  

Mer Déc 18, 2019 8:51
Message Auteur Message
Cl11234566
Moniteur
Moniteur

Sujet du message:  in Denver Répondre en citant

ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Although Huston Street is never pleased about giving up a ninth-inning homer, the veteran closer thinks he learned something he can use next month in games that matter a bit more. The Los Angeles Angels all plan to take a cautious, learning approach to their final games of the regular season as they prepare for what they hope will be a memorable post-season run. Ryan Rua hit his first major league homer, and the Texas Rangers beat the playoff-bound Angels 2-1 Sunday for their eighth win in nine games. Although the AL West champion Angels (96-60) wrapped up their home schedule with a quiet loss, they still finished with a league-best 52 home victories. They have lost five of eight overall, but still lead Baltimore by 2 1/2 games for home-field advantage throughout the post-season after the Orioles 3-2 loss to Boston. The Angels are still trying to win, but theyre also trying to stay healthy and happy. When Howie Kendrick felt minor tightness in his hamstring late in the game, Angels manager Mike Scioscia immediately yanked him. "Theres a lot to play for, a lot to look at," Scioscia said. "Were trying to win ballgames. We definitely want to try to get that best overall record ... but were going to have to be sensitive to the needs of every individual player, and thats going to take a precedent over trying to push them too hard to where some of these guys break." Albert Pujols drove in the Angels only run in the finale of a 10-game homestand during which they clinched their first playoff berth and division title since 2009. Rua broke a tie with his one-out shot to left off Street (1-2), the Angels normally reliable closer. It was the first homer in 83 at-bats for Rua, who made his Texas debut late last month. "I normally dont throw a fastball in ... but I just wanted to work on something," Street said. "I know its a tie game, but it was a pitch I felt like I had set up. You can build off of outings like today." Tomas Telis had a bases-loaded infield single for the big league-worst Rangers, who took two of three in majors-leading Los Angeles final home series of the regular season. "I like their lineup," Texas interim manager Tim Bogar said of the Angels. "Its strong all the way through. Their starting pitching has had a couple of injuries that might slow them down just a little bit, but theyre a strong team. Their bullpen has been really strong the past month, so I think they have the momentum they need to go into the playoffs and do what they need to do." Shawn Tolleson (3-1) got two outs in the eighth for Texas. Neftali Feliz struck out the side for his 11th save. Texas Nick Tepesch was sharp in his first start after earning his only victory since June, pitching seven innings of four-hit ball against the majors most productive offence. Cory Rasmus pitched into the fifth inning for the first time since the Angels decided to fill injured Garrett Richards rotation spot with bullpen starts led off by the right-hander. Rasmus has been impressive in his five starts under that strategy, yielding three runs and eight hits in 16 innings. HIT BY PITCH Tepesch hit Mike Trout in the upper arm in the first inning, plunking the favourite for AL MVP for the second time this month. Texas RHP Nick Martinez also has hit Trout twice in the clubs last two series. TRAINERS ROOM Rangers: OF Alex Rios will sit out the final week of the season to rest his badly bruised thumb. He hasnt played since Sept. 4. Angels: OF Josh Hamilton sat out for the 16th time in 17 games with upper-body pain. UP NEXT Rangers: Derek Holland (1-0, 0.99 ERA) makes his fifth start of the season against Houstons Nick Tropeano at home Monday night. Angels: C.J. Wilson (13-9, 4.42 ERA) returns from a dominant start to face Oaklands Jeff Samardzija on Monday night. J. R. Reid Jersey .J. -- Having Ondrej Pavelec earn his 100th NHL win and seeing Mark Scheifele and Evander Kane break goal droughts were nice highlights for the Winnipeg Jets. Fake Hornets Jerseys . -- Jay Haas and Peter Jacobsen took the second-round lead Saturday in the Champions Tours Legends of Golf, teaming for a 6-under 48 in windy conditions on the par-3 Top of the Rock course. https://www.cheaphornets.com/865l-jalen-mcdaniels-jersey-hornets.html. The teams were scoreless for most of the first two periods before Canada scored three times in a span of less than four minutes. Sarah Potomak opened the scoring on the power play. Eddie Jones Jersey . According to the CFL Scouting Bureaus January rankings, four of the top five Canadian prospects line-up on the offensive side of the trenches, which is good news for Bombers general manager Kyle Walters. With only one selection in the first two rounds — Walters sent his second-round pick to Saskatchewan in the days ahead of the 2013 trade deadline — the No. Bismack Biyombo Jersey . The shortstop still grieves, but it will be nights like the one Segura had in a 5-2 victory Monday over the Cincinnati Reds that will provide some distraction. ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Denver Broncos owner Pat Bowlen is giving up control of the team because of Alzheimers disease. The 70-year-old Bowlen will no longer be a part of the clubs daily operations, the Broncos announced Wednesday. Team President Joe Ellis is adding the title of chief executive officer and will have final say on all matters. The Broncos say the ownership of the franchise is held in a trust Bowlen set up more than a decade ago in hopes that one of his seven children will one day run the team. "As many in the Denver community and around the National Football League have speculated, my husband, Pat, has very bravely and quietly battled Alzheimers disease for the last few years. He has elected to keep his condition private because he has strongly believed, and often said, Its not about me," Annabel Bowlen said in a statement Wednesday. "Pat has always wanted the focus to be solely on the Denver Broncos and the great fans who have supported this team with such passion during his 30 years as owner. My family is deeply saddened that Pats health no longer allows him to oversee the Broncos, which has led to this public acknowledgment of such a personal health condition," she added. "Alzheimers has taken so much from Pat, but it will never take away his love for the Denver Broncos and his sincere appreciation for the fans." The team issued a statement offering "our full support, compassion and respect to Mr. B, who has faced Alzheimers disease with such dignity and strength." Business is expected to go on as usual at Broncos headquarters. Bowlen had reduced his public appearances in recent years, although he was still a fixture at the teams Dove Valley complex and at all of its games. After acknowledging in 2009 that he suffered short-term memory loss, he stepped back from day-to-day operations in 2011 when he promoted Ellis to president. For the first time this off-season, Ellis represented the Broncos at the annual owners meetings. Under Bowlens guidance, the Broncoos won six AFC titles and two Super Bowls.dddddddddddd At 307-203-1, Bowlen and New York Giants founder Tim Mara are the only three-decade owners in pro football history to win 60 per cent of their games. The Broncos 186 home victories are the most in the NFL since he bought the team in 1984, when John Elway was his quarterback, not his front office chief, and the Broncos five losing seasons during those 30 years are the fewest in the league over that span. Elway, now the teams general manager, once said Bowlens competitive nature as a triathlete when he was younger translated into his business life "and how he ran the Broncos." Bowlen was known as much for his humility as his competitive fire, doing his best to stay out of the spotlight even as he built a winning culture and a fan base that extends throughout the Rocky Mountain region. His style endeared him to employees and players alike. "Words cant express the love, respect & gratitude I have for Pat Bowlen. He set the standard for team ownership. Keep Mr. B in your prayers," former Broncos receiver Ed McCaffrey tweeted. When Bowlen received the Mizel Institutes 2013 Community Enrichment Award, Hall of Famer Shannon Sharpe said: "I would be hard-pressed to believe that theres an owner that cares more about his city, about his state, about his players than Mr. Bowlen does." Hall of Famer Gary Zimmerman said he realized Bowlen was a different type of owner when he signed up for a turkey his first Thanksgiving in Denver, thinking it was all a joke. "Then I come into the locker room and theres Pat sticking turkeys into our lockers," Zimmerman recounted. During Peyton Mannings whirlwind free agency tour in 2012, Zimmerman said, he knew any other teams pursuing the four-time MVP were just wasting their time. "I knew hed be a Bronco before he did," Zimmerman said, "because once he visited here and met with Mr. Bowlen, I knew there was no way he could go anywhere else." ' ' '

Cl11234566 n'est pas connecté  View user's profile Send private message
      Remonter...  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum La boussole du refuge in Denver