Le refuge ^_^

Recherche Avancée...

Les Blogs ^_^ Forum S'enregistrer Liste des Membres Groupes d'utilisateurs L'herbier Logithèque
Chat Irc!
Jeux  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum La Terrasse the gaping twine
      Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure  

Sam Déc 21, 2019 9:15
Message Auteur Message
Cl11234566
Moniteur
Moniteur

Sujet du message:  the gaping twine Répondre en citant

(SportsNetwork.com) - The talk surrounding the New England Patriots ahead of their eighth -- yes, eighth -- Super Bowl appearance should be about how the club has been a model of consistency under owner Robert Kraft, head coach Bill Belichick and quarterback Tom Brady. Instead, some missing PSIs have deflated (see what I did there) the Patriots ability to solely focus on their upcoming matchup with the Seattle Seahawks and dug up some old skeletons as well. Hey, at least the big game has its clear-cut villain. In case you missed it, and that is highly unlikely, the NFL reportedly found that 11 of the 12 balls used by the Patriots during a 45-7 rout of the Indianapolis Colts in the AFC Championship Game were underinflated by two pounds of air pressure per square inch. That has sparked some finger pointing and a joint investigation while also allowing detractors of the Patriots to jump up and down and remind everyone of Spygate, the infamous 2007 incident in which New England was found guilty of videotaping defensive signals used by the New York Jets during a game in September. So, instead of talking about key new additions the Patriots made this season or how the club didnt let a slow start derail their season, the faces of the franchise have been forced to deflect the controversy away from the team. Belichick went on the offensive Saturday, defending his team of any wrong doing and then having once again to defend past mistakes when Spygate was brought up. The guys in front of 80,000 people. ... Everybody (on the) sideline saw it. Everybody sees our guy in front of the 80,000 people. I mean, there he is, said Belichick of the past incident. So, it was wrong, we were disciplined for it. Thats it. We never did it again. Were never going to do it again and anything else thats close, were not going to do either. The Pats coach also felt the need to remind everyone that it was talent that got his group of players to this point. This team was the best team in the AFC in the regular season, he said. We won two games in the playoffs against two good football teams. The best team in the postseason, thats what this team is. I know that because Ive been with them every day and Im proud of this team. Belichick has since shut down responding to any new questions about deflated balls, though each new report about the incident will bring new lines of question. Until then, New England has been able to talk a bit about how it got to an eighth Super Bowl, which ties Dallas and Pittsburgh for the most Super Bowl berths in league history. The Pats are aiming to become the sixth team with at least four Super Bowl titles, a distinction that was denied to them by losses to the New York Giants in the title game in both 2008 and 2012. New England has not won a Super Bowl since claiming back-to-back titles in 2004-05. No other team has won consecutive championships since and the Pats will be looking to deny the Seahawks from joining that company this season. The Patriots didnt look like contenders early, with a bad 41-14 loss at Kansas City on Sept. 29 dropping the club to 2-2. Questions about Brady being in the latter stages of his career surfaced, especially after he was limited to 159 yards passing while getting picked off twice by the Chiefs. Brady responded the next game in a win over Cincinnati, logging 292 passing yards and a pair of scores while allowing the run game to rack up 220 yards. That victory kicked off a seven-game win streak of the Pats, a span that saw them become the first team in NFL history to win three consecutive games by 20 or more points, each against an opponent with a record of at least three games above .500. I mean, we rallied, said defensive lineman Vince Wilfork, who appeared in only four games last season because of an Achilles injury. One thing we always say is, No matter what we go through, just stick with one another. Thats exactly what we did. So it didnt surprise me. It was something we had to go through, we went through. I think we handled it pretty well as a team and benefited from it. Offense played a big part in New Englands surge, with the club averaging just 20 points per game during the 2-2 start. The Brady-led Pats, though, went 10-2 after that while averaging 29.5 points per game over that stretch. Perhaps Brady just needed time to get back on the same page as talented tight end Rob Gronkowski, who was limited to just seven games in 2013 due to back injury that held him out of the first six contests and a knee ailment that ended his season on Dec. 9. Gronkowski had just 13 receptions for 147 yards with three touchdowns over the first four games, but had six catches for 100 yards versus the Bengals and ended the campaign with 1,124 yards on 82 catches with 12 TDs in 15 games. Then there is the defense, which brought back safety Patrick Chung and traded for linebacker Akeem Ayers while also bringing in former Pro Bowl cornerbacks Darrelle Revis and Brandon Browner. The physical Browner won a Super Bowl with the Seahawks last season and helped bring an edge to a defense that ended up yielding 20 points per game this season. Revis is, well, still playing like Revis. I think we added two, you know, really good players, said 27-year-old defensive back Devin McCourty. I think when you do that of course you get better, and I think those two guys have done a good job of being leaders and fitting into the group. So I think we definitely got better on the field, but I thought we got two really good guys, too. Theyve showed the younger guys, direction, how to become good players, and its been joy to play with them, too. Still, the focus will be on Belichick and Brady, both for their success of having won 20 postseason games together and for the past and current controversies surrounding the club. To have an opportunity to play in this game is really unbelievable, said Brady, the NFLs all-time leader with 49 postseason touchdowns. I never thought Id have the experience to play in one of these. To think that its my sixth time, I cant imagine that Id think Id ever play anything professionally. Certainly to make the Super Bowl is a pretty amazing experience. To do it once and then six times is very, very special. For Brady and Belichick, they better win it clean. Their legacy may depend on it. Blackhawks Jerseys China . The New York-based Committee to Protect Journalists detailed in a report how Russian and international journalists have been harassed and prevented from covering sensitive stories in Sochi such as the abuse of migrant workers and environmental issues. Stitched Blackhawks Jerseys .C. -- Steve Spurrier was much happier about South Carolinas improved performance than about his lastest career milestone. https://www.cheapblackhawks.com/.Y. -- The "for sale" sign is up at the Buffalo Bills with the hiring of financial and legal advisers who may begin talking with prospective buyers within the next month. Blackhawks Jerseys 2020 . With newly minted president of hockey operations Trevor Linden looking on from above one day after being handed the keys to the franchise, it was more of the same on Thursday night. Cheap Blackhawks Jerseys .com) - In the absence of Dwight Howard, Donatas Motiejunas had a career night to keep the Houston Rockets winning streak alive.The NHL Play of the Year showdowns second round resumes today with some quick hands battling some quick feet. Todays Round of 16 match-up features Los Angeles Kings goaltender Jonathan Quick taking on Toronto Maple Leafs centre Nazem Kadri. Quick looks beaten, but gets a skate in the way at just the right time. Blake Wheeler hurls a shot on net from a tight angle, but Quick is flat on his stomach with no chance of moving his body in front of the attempt. He decides to try an isolation move. Quick lifts his left leg up in the air behind him yoga-style and manages to get his skate to the puck and deny Wheelers look at the gaping twine. Quick took better than 60 per cent of the vote in his all-goaltending battle against the Stars Kari&nbbsp;Lehtonen.dddddddddddd Kadri, meanwhile, scorches a rival defender to set up a gift for a teammate. The Leafs centre sees a challenge coming from Montreal defender Alexei Emelin and absolutely inside-outs the Russian blueliner. Drawing Carey Prices attention with a drive to the net, Kadri slides the puck cross-ice and finds Cody Franson streaking in for the one-time tap-in. Kadri topped the Columbus Blue Jackets Corey Tropp in the first round, taking over 56 per cent of the vote. You can watch the highlights and make your decision here. Every vote counts, so watch all the plays and take part in the TSN.ca Play of the Year Showdown. Let us know who you voted for via Twitter by using the hashtag #tsnklondikepoy. ' ' '

Cl11234566 n'est pas connecté  View user's profile Send private message
      Remonter...  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum La Terrasse the gaping twine