Le refuge ^_^

Recherche Avancée...

Les Blogs ^_^ Forum S'enregistrer Liste des Membres Groupes d'utilisateurs L'herbier Logithèque
Chat Irc!
Jeux  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum La Terrasse Tuesdays win
      Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure  

Sam Déc 21, 2019 9:27
Message Auteur Message
Cl11234566
Moniteur
Moniteur

Sujet du message:  Tuesdays win Répondre en citant

CALGARY - Stampeder running back Jon Cornish is ready to rumble again. The CFLs most valuable player and leading rusher last season has been out of Calgarys lineup with concussion symptoms since the first game of the season. The Stampeders have Tuesday off and Cornish says hell be back to full practice Wednesday. He says he intends to play Sunday in Ottawa against the Redblacks. Cornish was hit hard by Montreal Alouettes linebacker Kyries Hebert on June 28. Cornish was knocked out and an ambulance was summoned onto the field, but the Stampeder tailback got up and walked to the clubhouse on his own. "Ive been ready to play for about two weeks now," Cornish said Monday. "The concussion wasnt that bad, but all things considered, it was good that I had lots of time." The Stampeders and Edmonton Eskimos are tied for the league and West Division lead at 6-1. Cornish was placed on the six-game injured list July 23, which made the 29-year-old from New Westminster, B.C., eligible to return Sept. 6. Clubs can pull players off the injured list early, however, which means their salaries start counting against the salary cap again. Stampeder head coach and general manager John Hufnagel was less forthcoming about the possibility of Cornish playing Sunday, but Hufnagel indicated both Cornish and Canadian running back Matt Walter will practise Wednesday. Walter, 25, hasnt played since the first quarter of a July 24 game in Edmonton. The Calgarian was also out with concussion symptoms. Both Cornish and Walter participated in Mondays rundown following Calgarys 30-20 victory in Hamilton on Saturday. Hebert was fined half his game cheque — the maximum fine allowed under the new collective bargaining agreement — for the hit on Cornish in the fourth quarter of the season-opener. Despite getting knocked out, Cornish was talkative and jovial with reporters in the locker-room following that game. But he didnt feel right after returning from the Stampeders subsequent bye week. "The problem was my cognitive symptoms were very, very minor and they were gone quickly. But since I still had the headache . . . I had pretty bad whiplash, so thats where most of it came from," he explained. "It was trying to force myself to get back on the field was the biggest thing. We didnt have my neck properly diagnosed so I wasnt running right and it was causing me problems. Once we got all that figured out, it was actually really, really simple." Cornish says once he went on the six-game injured list and stopped pushing to get back on the field, his recovery was rapid. But CFL concussion protocols do not allow players back on the field if they have any concussion symptoms. Without football or his off-season job as a bank teller, Cornish was in the unfamiliar position of having time on his hands. "Im itching to work," he said. "I havent worked at the bank for, including training camp, almost three months. I havent played a football game for seven weeks, so yeah, I havent really been doing much. "I like to think of myself as a hard worker. Without anything to work hard at, its not as fun." Cornish won a second consecutive rushing title in 2013 with 1,813 yards, which was the fourth-highest in CFL history. He also led the league and set a new Stampeder record with 2,157 yards from scrimmage. The absence of two Canadian tailbacks created both a revolving door at that position and a juggling act for Hufnagel with his ratio of international and non-international players. Regular returner Jock Sanders was pressed into running back duties. Martell Mallett rushed for 116 yards in a 25-24 loss to the B.C. Lions on Aug. 8 in his first CFL game in five years. With Mallett sidelined by a groin injury and Sanders day-to-day with an undisclosed injury, Hugh Charles ran for 102 yards in Hamilton in his first game as a Stampeder. The Stampeders added the veteran Charles to the practice roster July 28 after his release from the Saskatchewan Roughriders. "I know the situation around here," Charles said. "We have a lot of banged-up vets. Cornish is close to coming back. I wanted to make the most of it. Knowing that I am in the coachs back pocket if need be, whatever happens is going to happen." The return of non-internationals Cornish and Walter could be good for veteran slotback Nik Lewis, who was a healthy scratch for two games because of ratio issues. Mallett, the CFLs rookie of the year in 2009 when he was a B.C. Lion, has been placed on the six-game injured list. Hufnagel said receiver Jeff Fuller (shoulder) and defensive lineman Micah Johnson (knee) are not expected to play Sunday. Joe Smith Jersey . - Maxence Parrot of Bromont, Que. Dennis Rodman Jersey . -- DeMarcus Cousins had 29 points, nine rebounds and six steals to lead the Sacramento Kings to their third straight preseason win, a 107-90 victory over the Phoenix Suns on Thursday night. https://www.cheappistonsonline.com/1626y-tony-snell-jersey-pistons.html. -- The Atlanta Braves added to their extensive wave of long-term deals with their young stars on Sunday by agreeing to a $42 million, four-year contract with All-Star closer Craig Kimbrel. Allen Iverson Jersey . Chris Heisey followed with a two-run triple and Billy Hamilton added an RBI double, all but sealing Cincinnatis fourth straight victory and seventh in eight games. Brandon Phillips, celebrating his 33rd birthday, hit a go-ahead homer in the ninth for the Reds before pinch-hitter Buster Posey tied it with an RBI double off hard-throwing closer Aroldis Chapman in the bottom half. Richard Hamilton Jersey . Toronto has lost six of its last eight games but is coming off Thursdays 7-3 victory at Kansas City. Juan Francisco and Colby Rasmus both went deep for the Blue Jays, who are second in the American League with 34 home runs on the season.It turned out to be the perfect gift his team could have given him. Arsene Wenger celebrated his 17th anniversary as Gunners boss on Tuesday and it was fitting that Arsenal performed well in a competition he loves. Napoli at home was billed as the most significant test yet of high-flying Arsenals credentials with new super star Mesut Ozil in the side. They passed it easily, dominating the Italian side, after scoring twice inside the opening fifteen minutes. "Overall, it was an outstanding game," said Wenger post match. Wenger is at his best when he talks about the Champions League. During his time in England he has seen the Premier League evolve into a giant led by giants, a competition whose identity is not something he is totally comfortable with, but in Europes most glamorous tournament he always feels at home. It is a competition that he adores and one that has often been good to him and his team, despite what he says about recent draws going against him. "Yes, we would love to win it as it has never been done with this club and we have flirted with a few times but I feel in recent years we have not been helped by the draw. We have played Barca, Barca, Milan, Bayern Munich, so we have had difficult draws. Recently, we havent had the quality to go through," reflected Wenger this week. It is true that during the last four years they havent been good enough to beat those super clubs he refers to but during the group stages, twice in the past four years, they have lost at home to Schalke and away at Braga to lose their grip on the top of their group. When you finish second in your Champions League group you deserve no favours. Yet, when the draw was made for this years group stages every Arsenal fan would have happily accepted second place after they were handed the toughest team in pot three, last years finalists Borussia Dortmund, and arguably the best team in pot four, Napoli. "It is the toughest group of all," Wenger announced after the draw. Anything other than a win on Tuesday against Napoli would have been a concern for Wenger heading into a stern test against Borussia Dortmund, who they play back-to-back on October 22 and November 6. With six points gained through two games, Arsenal will know four points from their last four matcches should be enough for them to qualify.dddddddddddd "Mathematically I think they say we need 10.2 points to be sure," Wenger joked this week. As usual, he had done his homework. In the past five years of the tournament, teams have finished second with tallys anywhere from 8 to 13, but the most common achieved by a group runner-up has been 10 points with the 40 runners-up averaging just over 10 points. Only five teams in the 22 year history of the Champions League format have failed to qualify with 10 points but that list includes an English side in each of the last two years, Chelsea last season and Manchester City in 2011-12. Qualification for the last 16 is essential for a club like Arsenal. Not only does it send a message to star players that they are still a force but it maintains their consistency in the UEFA coefficient standings. Arsenal have benefited at the draw by being placed in pot one, based on their performances in the Champions League and Premier League over the five seasons previous. Staying in the top eight plays a big part in them reaching the knock out stages of the Champions League (this year aside, Arsenals groups have been quite favourable in recent years) yet they slipped to seventh, behind Benfica, in last months latest round of coefficients and with Atletico Madrid and Porto closing in, it is important that they reach the last 16 again this year to help next seasons effort should they qualify once again. Wenger, though, has much bigger dreams than the last 16 and still wants to one day win that elusive European Cup. "It is something I miss that I will try to fight very hard to fill my CV with that.....You always think lets do it every year, one year it will go for you. Lets hope it will be this year." Arsenal know only too well the harder that path becomes when you dont win your group. Tuesdays win over Napoli puts them in a great position to qualify but the performance will leave them believing they can beat a team like Borussia Dortmund and find an easier path to the final, where they last reached seven years ago in Paris. That day Arsenal were 15 minutes from glory before Barcelona scored twice to turn Wengers dream into a nightmare. The Frenchman has been dreaming of getting another crack ever since. ' ' '

Cl11234566 n'est pas connecté  View user's profile Send private message
      Remonter...  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum La Terrasse Tuesdays win