Le refuge ^_^

Recherche Avancée...

Les Blogs ^_^ Forum S'enregistrer Liste des Membres Groupes d'utilisateurs L'herbier Logithèque
Chat Irc!
Jeux  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum Sont passés par ici... missed a jumper
      Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure  

Mar Déc 24, 2019 8:47
Message Auteur Message
Cl11234566
Moniteur
Moniteur

Sujet du message:  missed a jumper Répondre en citant

MINNEAPOLIS -- Diagnosed with cancer in his neck, Minnesota Twins general manager Terry Ryan has taken leave from his job for treatment and recovery. The timetable for his return is unclear, but the prognosis is optimistic. Though sobered by and concerned about the news, the Twins expressed confidence in the ability of their front offices long-time leader to beat the disease and get back to running the team. "I dont doubt hell get this knocked out," assistant general manager Rob Antony said. "Hes a tough bird, as he would say." The Twins released a statement on Monday from Ryan, who thanked his doctors, friends and colleagues for their work and support. "Its my intention to see you back at the ballpark as soon as possible," Ryan said. During his recent annual physical exam, the 60-year-old Ryan asked team physician Dr. Vijay Eyunni to examine a hard lump on his neck about an inch in diameter that had appeared a few weeks earlier. Further tests revealed squamous cell carcinoma. The squamous cells are in several parts of the body, but Eyunni said the source and cause of the cancer was undetermined. All that was known, he said, was that it was in his lymph node but had not spread to anywhere else. "The good news is we caught it early," Eyuinni said, adding: "As you know, both mentally and physically, hes very strong. So with treatment and radiation, its going to help him a lot. Hell recover better than someone who is not healthy." Ryan was at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., and expected to have surgery on Tuesday. Radiation treatment will likely follow. But once removed, Eyunni said, this type of cancer does not come back. "It should be completely done. It does not regenerate anymore," Eyunni said. Despite the positive outlook for a full recovery, this close-knit organization felt a collective anxiety and letdown upon learning of Ryans condition. "My family is praying for Terry Ryan and his family. Cancer is a terrible thing and we are hoping for a fast recovery," reliever Brian Duensing said on Twitter. "Cancer news hit close to home today. Sickened to hear about one of the men I respect most. My prayers are with you Terry," closer Glen Perkins tweeted. Manager Ron Gardenhire, in an email, said hes had a "rough few days" in regard to Ryans cancer. "You wont find a better boss or a better friend," Gardenhire said. Ryans primary concern, his colleagues said, was with his wife and adult children and how they would take the news. "But beyond that, he took it really well," Eyunni said. "He says, Doc, lets move on. I want to get this done." Ryan initially became general manager in 1994, stepping down 13 years later, citing burnout. After serving as a special assistant to general manager Bill Smith for four seasons, Smith was reassigned, and Ryan reassumed the job in 2011. In his statement, Ryan expressed confidence in Gardenhire, Antony and the rest of the baseball operations department to keep the Twins on the right track. "I met with Terry last week when he told all of us what was going on, and I started asking him questions about how he wanted me to handle this and that, and he just looked at me and basically said, Youve been around here long enough. Youve been in all these meetings. You know what goes on in spring training. Just go down and do your thing," Antony said. "He said, You know what youre doing. So that felt good." In addition to vice-president of player personnel Mike Radcliff, a member of the organization since 1987, special assistants Smith and Wayne Krivsky and have each previously been major league general managers, Krivsky with Cincinnati. For now, theres no plan on when or how much to consult with Ryan regarding general operations and key decisions. Antony told Ryan to call him when he feels good enough to participate. The Twins start spring training in Fort Myers, Fla., next week. "All I want to hear is the call that he says he had his checkup and the thing is completely gone and now he can start getting back to a normal routine and life, and whether that comes in March or April or whatever, it doesnt matter," Antony said. "Its the end result more than anything." He added: "There comes a time you need to put your family and your personal health and everything in front of your job and the game, and hes a smart enough guy to know that this is the time to do that right now." Vans Shoes Wholesale . Russia has spent about $51 billion to deliver the Sochi Olympics, which run Feb. 7-23, making them the most expensive games ever, even though as a winter event it hosts many fewer athletes than summer games do. Vans Old Skool Black Sale . The young man, never lacking confidence, thought he could be really good. http://www.vanssalestore.com/. -- Blake Griffin scored 32 points and grabbed eight rebounds, DeAndre Jordan had 14 points and 22 rebounds and the Los Angeles Clippers outlasted the Golden State Warriors 98-96 on Thursday night to take a 2-1 lead in their first-round series. Vans Slip On Cheap . Sources tell TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger that the team is quietly gauging interest on the Senators captain, though Spezza has a limited no-trade clause and carries a large contract. Cheap Vans Shoes . Louis Blues have returned to the top spot in the TSN.The Oklahoma City Thunder and Memphis Grizzlies return to Chesapeake Energy Arena Tuesday night for a crucial Game 5 of their Western Conference quarterfinal matchup. The Thunder knotted the series with a 92-89 overtime victory in Memphis Saturday night. It was the third overtime contest during the four games of this series. "Now its tied up 2-2," OKC head coach Scott Brooks said. "That means that we have to play with the same type of intensity on both ends of the floor in front of our home crowd, which are the best fans in the league." The Grizzlies won Game 2 in Oklahoma City. On Saturday, the Thunders hero wasnt Kevin Durant, or Russell Westbrook. It wasnt even Serge Ibaka, rather top bench producer Reggie Jackson. Jackson scored a playoff career-best 32 points, including eight in overtime, to lead the Thunder. "We were struggling there in the fourth, and he just took it over," Durant said. "He was aggressive going to the rim all night. He just told himself before the game to be assertive. Defensively he was good. Offensively he attacked the defense and opened it up for everybody. We rolled all night. He made huge, huge plays and Im so proud of him." Durant had 15 points and 13 boards and Westbrook totaled 15 points, nine rebounds and seven assists, but the duo combined to shoot 11-of-45. Ibaka provided 12 points, 14 rebounds and five blocks for the second-seeded Thunder, who shot 36.7 percent. Marc Gasol had 23 points and 11 rebounds to lead the Grizzlies, who had a chance to tie the game at the end but Mike Conley missed a 3-point shot. The seventh-seeded Grizzlies had a 15-game home winning streak broken. Conley had 14 points and 10 assists, and Tony Alllen ended with 14 points and 13 rebounds in defeat.dddddddddddd. Zach Randolph was limited to 11 points for the Grizzlies, who made 37.2 percent from the floor. Memphis widened the gap to 80-75 following a Gasol jumper beyond the foul line with 1:20 left, but the Thunder scrapped to get the game to OT. Jackson drained a 3-ball with 59.2 seconds left, and Durant came up with a steal, which led to Jacksons floater in the lane to tie the game with 30.6 on the clock. It was a wild finish to regulation. Gasol missed a foul-line jumper, and Allen got the offensive rebound, but Ibaka came up with the block under the hoop. Jackson then got the loose ball and had plenty of time to dribble down the court, but shot early well beyond half-court and the ball went out of bounds as time expired. OKC used hustle plays to even this series with Jackson at the center of the effort. He dove for a loose ball on the floor with 1:08 left in OT. Durant then was fouled on a drive to the bucket and made two for an 88-87 edge for the Thunder with 62 seconds left. Conley missed high off the glass, but he came back with a big steal. Westbrook missed a jumper, got his own rebound and tried to dribble the ball back out, but Conley stole the ball and called timeout with 30.9 on the clock. Conleys jumper was then too strong and Jackson made two from the charity stripe with 12.2 seconds left. Conley then drove in for an uncontested layup with 3.8 seconds to go, but Jackson made two more foul shots less than a second later. "I thought the little plays made the difference," said Memphis coach Dave Joerger. "I thought we had great chances to pull out the win. They made enough plays." Game 6 is slated for Thursday night in Memphis. ' ' '

Cl11234566 n'est pas connecté  View user's profile Send private message
      Remonter...  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum Sont passés par ici... missed a jumper