Le refuge ^_^

Recherche Avancée...

Les Blogs ^_^ Forum S'enregistrer Liste des Membres Groupes d'utilisateurs L'herbier Logithèque
Chat Irc!
Jeux  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum Développement & programmeur But he was a
      Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure  

Mar Déc 31, 2019 9:02
Message Auteur Message
Cl11234566
Moniteur
Moniteur

Sujet du message:  But he was a Répondre en citant

CLEVELAND -- The Raptors arent officially in the NBA playoffs. They dont look ready for them, either. Dion Waiters scored 24 points, Luol Deng added 19 and the Cleveland Cavaliers prevented Toronto from getting closer to a post-season spot with a 102-100 win over the sloppy Raptors on Tuesday night. Toronto fell behind by 21 points in the third quarter, and then battled back to take a 95-94 lead. But the Raptors fell apart in the final minutes. With their fourth loss in six games, the Raptors dropped one-half game behind Chicago for the No. 3 playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. "We gotta get back to who we are," Raptors coach Dwane Casey said in disgust. "Its easy to get up for OKC, Miami and Indiana, but the other teams are playing for something too, which is pride. That can be even more dangerous." Despite playing without All-Star point guard Kyrie Irving, who missed his fifth straight game with a strained biceps tendon, the Cavs were able to hold on and snap a five-game losing streak at home. "It was a good win by our guys," coach Mike Brown said. "Thats a playoff team. They were playing good basketball. In a game like that, maybe earlier in the season we might have lost, especially coming down the stretch when a team makes a run against us. Our guys found a way to win." Kyle Lowry scored 22 and Terrence Ross had 16 for the Raptors, who had a chance to tie it in the final seconds but guard Greivis Vasquez lost his footing and committed a turnover with 1.9 seconds left. "I was trying to spin and I lost my balance," Vasquez said. "It was just a bad play for me. It was me going to my weak hand and I lost my balance, stepped kind of weird. I turned the ball over. Ill take responsibility. Im not going to run away. Im a man. I wish I could be in that position again so we have another opportunity tomorrow (at Boston)." Toronto took a 95-94 lead on Vasquezs 3-pointer with 6:45 remaining, but the Raptors went just 1 of 9 from the floor and scored five points the rest of the way. Tristan Thompson added 15 points and 13 rebounds and Jarret Jack had 13 points for Cleveland, which kept its faint playoff hopes alive. The Cavs trail idle Atlanta by 4 1/2 games for the No. 8 playoff slot. The Raptors may be closing in on their first post-season appearance since 2008, but the Atlantic Division leaders looked out of sorts at both ends. They fought back from a big deficit, but fell apart with the game on the line. Toronto missed three free throws in the final 4:26, but still had a chance to force overtime or possibly steal their 40th win after forcing a Cleveland turnover on an errant inbounds pass with 7.8 seconds to go. But Vasquez, who finished with 16 points, drove the left side and slipped about 10 feet from the basket. As he fell, Vasquez flung the ball in desperation and it was intercepted on the right side by Deng. Vasquez remained on the floor for a few seconds grabbing his ankle before he limped off the court. "It was a handoff to Greivis to turn the corner," Casey said. "I thought he turned it pretty well and his ankle went out on him. But one play was not when we lost that game. The game was decided with the way we played in the first quarter." However, Toronto didnt execute when it needed to and lost to a Cleveland team playing for nothing more than pride. At least the Cavs overcame their own mistakes, something theyve rarely done during this disappointing season. "We just stayed with it," Waiters said. "We didnt get rattled and made plays when we needed to." Clevelands offence was clicking early on. The Cavs recorded assists on eight of their first 10 buckets, opened a 14-point lead in the first quarter and pushed their advantage to 18 in the second. Toronto made three 3-pointers -- the Raptors had eight 3s in the first half -- in a span of 1:27 to climb within 49-40, but Cleveland regrouped and led 59-45 at halftime. NOTES: The Cavs are 12-11 since Feb. 7. ... Toronto was just 16 of 26 from the line. ... Irving rode a stationary bike on the side as the Cavs went through their morning shootaround. Afterward, Irving looked good doing some shooting drills. Brown said Irving is "closer" to returning, but its not guaranteed the third-year pro will play again this season. ... Raptors F Patrick Patterson (right ulnar collateral sprain) missed his 10th consecutive game. He was cleared to resume contact practices Monday. Leon Draisaitl Jersey . Returning to Davis Cup tennis, Federer cruised past Ilija Bozoljac, winning 6-4, 7-5, 6-2 in less than two hours. Federer faced little challenge from Bozoljac, who served well but still was no match for his Swiss opponent. Gaetan Haas Jersey .com) - The Los Angeles Kings werent playing their best hockey before the league went on break during the Winter Olympics. https://www.cheapoilers.com/1825s-patrick-russell-jersey-oilers.html. The 33-year-old defender has spent his entire career at Chelsea, scoring 57 goals in 621 appearances. He regained his regular starting place under Jose Mourinho in the season that ended at the weekend without Chelsea winning a trophy. Pat Conacher Jersey . Third-place Madrid fell behind and settled for a 2-2 draw earlier at Osasuna in a match both sides finished with 10 men, and Barcelona didnt let the chance escape. Barcelona, still without the injured Lionel Messi, again turned to Neymar after his hat trick against Celtic in the Champions League on Wednesday to convert a penalty on the half-hour mark and restore the lead in the 68th after Villarreal levelled. Charlie Huddy Jersey .Y. - Joe Johnson hit six 3-pointers in his 27 points, Mason Plumlee added 18 points, and the Brooklyn Nets won their 11th straight at home, beating the Boston Celtics 114-98 Friday night.NEW YORK -- Trying to boost one of the weakest lineups in the American League, the New York Yankees acquired third baseman Chase Headley from the San Diego Padres on Tuesday for rookie infielder Yangervis Solarte and minor league pitcher Rafael De Paula. Headley arrived at Yankee Stadium right around game time Tuesday night and was in uniform shaking hands with his new teammates in the dugout during the top of the second inning. Before the game, New York manager Joe Girardi said he hoped Headley would be available off the bench. After that, hell become the everyday starter at a spot thats been a question mark for the Yankees all year following the season-long suspension of Alex Rodriguez. "I dont think were getting a big thumper," general manager Brian Cashman said. "But I do think were getting an upgrade and a professional at-bat." The 30-year-old Headley, drafted by the Padres in 2005, can become a free agent after this season. The switch-hitter was batting .229 with seven homers and 32 RBIs but has a .339 average with six extra-base hits in 13 games since July 4. He was a Gold Glove and Silver Slugger winner two years ago, when he had a huge second half and hit .286 with 31 homers and an NL-leading 115 RBIs. He moves from a cavernous ballpark in San Diego to a homer haven in the Bronx, and the Yankees think that can help him. "You look at his last month, its been really productive. Hes swinging the bat pretty well," Girardi said. "We feel that hes in a pretty good place." Cashman said he thinks an epidural injection that Headley had toward the end of June has a lot to do with his recent improvement. Headley had been playing through a herniated disk in his back. "Once he had the epidural, it seems like its had a huge impact," Cashman said. "Hes a rental for the next two months." As part of the deal, the Padres will pay $1 million of the $3,968,443 remaining on Headleys $10,525,000 salary this year. "Ive seen Chase grow up," San Diego manager Bud Black said in Chicago, where his team was preparing to play the Cubs. "To say farewell is a tough one. Hes meant a lot to the organization." With an injury-ravaged pitching staff missing four starters, the Yankees began the day 50-48 and four games behinnd first-place Baltimore in the AL East.dddddddddddd They added Brandon McCarthy to the rotation this month, obtaining him in a trade with Arizona. But its the offence thats been a major problem -- New York ranked 13th out of 15 AL teams in runs with 391. "We just keep trying to find different ways to upgrade," Cashman said. "Were open to anything." The punchless Padres (43-55) are selling off pieces and trying to build for the future even as they look for a new general manager after Josh Byrnes was fired June 22. In the interim, senior vice-president for baseball operations Omar Minaya and assistant general managers A.J. Hinch and Fred Uhlman Jr. are handling GM duties. Cashman said he spoke mostly with Hinch about the Headley deal, as well as Minaya. "It was a move that we felt was needed to move this organization forward," Hinch said in Chicago. "We thought the return was right. For 64 games of Chase Headley, we knew that the time was coming for us to move in a different direction." San Diego also traded All-Star closer Huston Street to the Angels on Friday in a six-player deal that netted four minor league prospects. The 27-year-old Solarte was an extremely pleasant surprise early in the season as Rodriguezs replacement. The switch-hitter was batting .336 as of May 14 but has hit .180 since and was sent to Triple-A for a week this month. "He really saved our bacon early this year. When we had a lot of other issues going on, he stepped up and for that were thankful," Cashman said. "But he was a player that had to be in this situation for me to get Chase Headley back." Solarte was scheduled to join the Padres during Tuesday nights game at Wrigley Field, Hinch said. Black said the Padres might play Solarte at second base. "In the last few days, as this has been getting closer, Ive looked at the scouting reports. Ive called around, checked around. This guys a baseball player. This guy knows how to play," Black said. "Well utilize him around the diamond. I like the fact that hes versatile." The 23-year-old De Paula was 6-5 with a 4.15 ERA in 17 starts and three relief appearances this season for Class A Tampa. The right-hander was selected for the Futures Game last year. ' ' '

Cl11234566 n'est pas connecté  View user's profile Send private message
      Remonter...  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum Développement & programmeur But he was a