Le refuge ^_^

Recherche Avancée...

Les Blogs ^_^ Forum S'enregistrer Liste des Membres Groupes d'utilisateurs L'herbier Logithèque
Chat Irc!
Jeux  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum Développement & programmeur Youll get those close
      Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure  

Mar Déc 31, 2019 9:06
Message Auteur Message
Cl11234566
Moniteur
Moniteur

Sujet du message:  Youll get those close Répondre en citant

WINNIPEG - Winnipeg Blue Bombers coach Mike OShea knows exactly what the Toronto Argonauts and quarterback Ricky Ray can do to an opponent and Ray isnt all the Bombers have to worry about when they meet Thursday. "Theyve got a lot of weapons," said OShea, Torontos former special teams co-ordinator until he got the top coaching job in Winnipeg. Catch all the action on TSN and TSN 1050 starting at 8:30pm et/5:30pm pt, with pre- and post-game coverage available on TSN 1050 and TSN 1290. "It just so happens that the ball always travels through Ricky first. But, obviously, Im quite familiar with all the guys they have and what they can do offensively." The Bombers play the Argos in the CFL opener at Investors Group Field. It kicks off an expanded season with the addition of the Ottawa Redblacks to the CFL East this year and the return of the Bombers to the CFL West. The Bombers made a lot of changes between seasons and likely arent finished. The Argos have also made changes, although on offence coach Scott Milanovich says theyre ready to go. "I expect us not to miss a beat offensively," he said after the Argos landed Wednesday. "Our expectations are pretty high, weve got a lot of players returning," agreed Ray. "Youve still got to do it on game day." But he also said with little pre-season experience, he expects to make a few mistakes. The Toronto defence sounds more like a work in progress under the guidance of former Bomber head coach Tim Burke, now back in a more familiar role as defensive co-ordinator. "Well have a good defence, I think its going to take us some time," Burke said. The Bombers have their own holes to fill. The depth chart for Thursdays game includes six players at middle linebacker, where they lost Henoc Muamba to the NFL. On Wednesday, they added Canadian offensive lineman Gord Hinse, who played in Edmonton last season, although he immediately went on the six-game injured list. Starting well is important to OShea. "Wed like to come out there and be as physical as we can and set a standard, set up a minimum standard for us and keep building from there," said OShea. "Were going our there to win and set a pace for the season." If the Bombers want to see how rookie starting quarterback Drew Willy performs under pressure, they couldnt ask for a better opponent. Ray has thrown 3,780 completed passes for 251 touchdowns and three Grey Cups over 11 seasons in the league with Edmonton and Toronto. "Sometimes I cant believe Im going into my 12th year," he said Wednesday. Willy has completed just 101 for nine touchdowns and has only four starts in his prior two seasons as a backup in Regina. The Bombers are staking a lot on Willy as they try to appease fans turned off by recent struggles, while the Argos want to get back to the Grey Cup after stumbling in last years East final. Willy says keeping Ray off the field as much as possible is going to be a key for the Bombers Thursday. "We definitely need to be efficient," he said of the offence. "We need to make sure our drives take some time." Oh, and scoring touchdowns rather than field goals would also be good, he noted. One thing Willy brings to the table is durability. He says he has only missed two games due to injury in his career, a hand injury in practice that cost him two games when he was in his sophomore career at the University of Buffalo. The Argos brought rookie running back and Winnipeg native Anthony Coombs along. He sits third on their depth chart behind imports Curtis Steele and Jeremiah Johnson. "This time its for keeps so Im exited to be out there," said Coombs, who also saw action in their exhibition game in Winnipeg. Veteran Winnipeg offensive lineman Glenn January couldnt promise a win but he did promise a lot of effort come Thursday night "I think were going to be a passionate team and were going to be a well-prepared team," he said. "If we go out there and we do stumble and dont get the win, its not the end of the world. Its an 18-game season." The Argonauts finished 11-7 in the regular season last year but then fell to the Hamilton Tiger-Cats in the East final. Hamilton went to the Grey Cup but lost to the Saskatchewan Roughriders at home in Regina. "Right now were an average football team. We have a potential to be more than that," said Milanovich. After a 3-15 season that cost Burke his job, the Bombers were a long way from average last year. The Argos beat the Bombers all three times last season and also beat them in their first pre-season game this year, 24-22. Donnie Freeman Jersey . Granada goalkeeper Roberto Fernandez saved Morenos first two headers from corner kicks taken by Sergio Garcia, but the defender beat him on his third try after Garcia found Moreno unmarked at the near post in the 78th minute. Steve Smith Jersey . "We cannot stay the same way the whole season long," said Reyes. "This is not acceptable. Something needs to change because were a better team than what were showing right now. Its a long season and we just need to continue to push." Its been a frustrating week for the ballclub. https://www.cheapspurs.com/.com) - The Vancouver Canucks recovered from a fluke goal early last time out to knock off one of the top teams in the league. Steve Jones Jersey .FIFA says it is relaxing the rule which forced match officials to leave its international list at the end of the year they turned 45. Manu Ginobili Jersey .com) - The Carolina Hurricanes placed defenseman John-Michael Liles on injured reserve Tuesday.Ross Murdoch led the way with a gold medal as Britains swimmers enjoyed another successful night at the European Championships in London. The Great Britain squad are in heavy training throughout the competition at the Aquatics Centre as they prepare for the Rio Olympics but that did not prevent them from winning five medals on Thursday night. As well as Murdochs gold, Jazz Carlin claimed silver in the 800m freestyle, Siobhan OConnor took silver and Hannah Miley bronze in the 200m individual medley, while Kathleen Dawson secured a bronze in the 100m backstroke.Murdoch held off a late charge from world champion Marco Kock of Germany to win gold in the 200m breaststroke, clocking two minutes 8.33 seconds to win by 0.07 seconds.But, such is Britains strength in depth in the event, Murdoch did not manage to earn Olympic selection at the 200m, although he qualified alongside world champion Adam Peaty for the 100m.At the minute, Rios not happening for me in the 200m breaststroke because I failed to qualify, he said.Thats why Britains one of the best swimming nattions in the world, because weve got the hardest qualification processes.dddddddddddd.I always knew I was world class in this event. Kathleen Dawson (right) finished third behind Mie Oe Nielsen Carlin was defending champion over 800m but had to settle for silver in 8:23.52 behind Boglarka Kapas of Hungary, who won in 8:21.40.I wouldve loved to have got the gold, but I raced tough, said Carlin. Its about working hard. Youll get those close races in Rio.OConnor produced a great swim to clock 2:09.03 in the 200m individual medley as she finished second to Hungarys Katinka Hosszu (2:07.30), with Miley third in 2:11.84.This is my favourite event and Im really happy with that time, said OConnor. This medal gives me a lot of confidence ahead of Rio.And Dawson bagged something of a surprise bronze, finishing behind Denmarks Mie Oe Nielsen in a time of 59.68. ' ' '

Cl11234566 n'est pas connecté  View user's profile Send private message
      Remonter...  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum Développement & programmeur Youll get those close