Le refuge ^_^

Recherche Avancée...

Les Blogs ^_^ Forum S'enregistrer Liste des Membres Groupes d'utilisateurs L'herbier Logithèque
Chat Irc!
Jeux  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum La cave qui fait peur to make player acquisitions
      Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure  

Ven Jan 10, 2020 7:29
Message Auteur Message
Cl11234566
Moniteur
Moniteur

Sujet du message:  to make player acquisitions Répondre en citant

NEW YORK -- Joe Girardi is happy to see Jacoby Ellsbury in Yankees pinstripes instead of the uniform of the rival Boston Red Sox. "You are going to make my job a lot easier," the New York manager told his new outfielder. "You no longer are a thorn in my side. You are a flower in our clubhouse, and Im happy to have you." Ellsbury agreed to a $153 million, seven-year contract Dec. 3, and the deal was completed four days later. He was formally introduced Friday at a Yankee Stadium news conference, part of an off-season transformation that has seen New York add Brian McCann and Carlos Beltran while watching Robinson Cano depart. Ellsbury will wear No. 22 with the Yankees, taking over the number of Roger Clemens, another Boston star who moved south to New York. No. 2, Ellsburys uniform with the Red Sox, belongs to Yankees captain Derek Jeter. Ellsbury was No. 23 in college, but thats retired in honour of Don Mattingly. And Ellsbury started his big league career with No. 46, which was worn by Andy Pettitte and isnt being given out any time soon, if at all. "Twenty-two, Ive never worn that number, but 2 is my favourite number, so why not have two of them?" Ellsbury said. A lefty-hitting leadoff man, the 30-year-old led the majors with 52 steals despite a broken foot late this season. He finished with a .298 average, nine homers and 53 RBIs. Ellsbury spent 158 days on the disabled list in 2010 after breaking ribs in a collision with third baseman Adrian Beltre. He was on the DL for 90 days in 2012, when he dislocated his right shoulder when sliding into Rays shortstop Reid Brignac while trying to break up a double-play in Bostons home opener. "I play the game hard. I play the game I feel like the right way," Ellsbury said. "It was just two unfortunate things." He didnt go on the DL this year, when he was limited to 134 games by a broken bone in his right foot that he played on throughout the post-season before it completely healed. "I already made my mind up I would play in the post-season no matter how it felt," he said. "There was a risk -- a foul ball off my foot. ... The reward was worth the risk." New York general manager Brian Cashman thinks the injuries were anomalies. "Theres risk always when you make those type of commitments, but we signed the player because of the projected reward," Cashman said. "Hes a unique talent." Ellsburys arrival was linked to the slow negotiations with All-Star second baseman Robinson Cano, who left for a $240 million, 10-year deal with Seattle. "We have to start moving now," Cashman remembered telling his bosses. "And to move early, you have to step up and separate yourself from the pack." Ellsburys deal calls for salaries of $21,142,857.15 per season and includes a $21 million team option for 2021 with a $5 million buyout. Ellsbury gets a full no-trade provision and the right to purchase six Legends Suite tickets per year. "Ive seen him get base hits. Ive seen him hit home runs. Ive seen him steal second. Ive seen him steal third," Girardi said. "And I even had the pleasure of watching him steal home off of Andy Pettitte when I was standing right behind him and we were all screaming at Andy. "Ive seen him make great catches that changed the complexion of the scores between the Red Sox and Yankees. And thats why Im so excited to have him in our lineup on a daily basis, because theres so many different ways that he can beat you, whether its with his power, his speed or his glove." After seven seasons with the Red Sox and two World Series titles, Ellsbury took out a full-page ad in Fridays editions of The Boston Globe. "To the fans of New England, teammates and the many friendships made. Thank you!" the ad stated. He wouldnt be surprised if he receives a hostile reception when he returns to Fenway Park next season. "Fans like to boo. Its just kind of fun to boo," he said. But he cherishes his time in Boston. He had dinner Thursday night with former Red Sox teammates Dustin Pedroia and David Ross. "It was seven great years. The fans treated me great," Ellsbury said. "The guys in the clubhouse, those are relationships that Ill have for the rest of my life regardless of what uniform Im in or the uniform theyre in." NOTES: Wells wore 22 at the end of last season. With Ellsbury, Brett Gardner, Beltran, Alfonso Soriano and Ichiro Suzuki, there appears no room for Wells on the roster unless there is a trade or injury. Balenciaga Triple s Cheap . Iwakuma pitched seven strong innings to stay unbeaten in road games since last July, leading the Seattle Mariners to a 5-2 win over the Cleveland Indians on Tuesday night. Yeezy Boost 350 V3 For Sale . -- Catriona Matthew remained atop the Airbus LPGA Classic leaderboard Friday, birdieing four of the last seven holes to take a one-stroke advantage over Charley Hull into the weekend. http://www.brandshoescheaponline.com/. Jacobs scored two in the first end, but Jahr briefly took charge with two in the second end and two more in the third. Jacobs, from Sault. Marie, Ont., gave Canada some breathing room, following his big fourth end by adding two more points in the fifth to go up 7-4. Adidas Nmd Wholesale China . With a win tonight, Buehrle will match Yankees ace Masahiro Tanaka for the most wins in the majors with 11. Buehrle is 10-4 with a 2.32 earned run average, but has lost his last three starts, including a 7-3 setback at Yankee Stadium last Wednesday. Balenciaga Speed Trainer Discount . Having won the first leg 1-0 in Barcelona, Madrid entered the match at the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium already in control and quickly sealed its place in the semifinals when Jese Rodriguez scored in the seventh minute.With the NHL Draft coming up on June 27 and free agency opening on July 1, discussions between NHL general managers are heating up towards a busy off-season. Each day, TSN.ca provides the latest rumours, reports and speculation from around the NHL beat. Fifth Business Despite not having a first-rounder in 2015 after dealing the pick for Thomas Vanek, New York Islanders GM Garth Snow is not guarding his 2014 first-rounder too closely. The Islanders - who hold the fifth overall pick in Fridays Draft - are apparently open for business on the pick, according to Newsdays Arthur Staple. "Were open to trading the pick for someone we think can come in and help us right away," Staple quoted Snow as saying. So whats the cost of doing business? Staple speculates that the Islanders largest need is either a top-pair defenseman or a top-line left winger to complement John Tavares and Kyle Okposo. Blues Festival The St. Louis Blues could be on many teams watch list for potential free agents targets. With the team locking up Jay Bouwmeester and Alexander Steen prior to free aggency, the team could be posied to flood the market with veteran talent on July 1, according to Jeremy Rutherford of the St.dddddddddddd Louis Post-Dispatch. Rutherford reports that the likes of Steve Ott, Brenden Morrow, Derek Roy, and Ryan Miller likely will not be signed prior to Canada Day to give Blues GM Doug Armstrong flexibility at this coming Friday. "I want to make sure we have the ability to make player acquisitions at the Draft," Armstrong told Rutherford. Dogs Day The soon-to-be-Arizona Coyotes have some cash to play with as July 1 approaches. However, as AZCentral Sports Sarah McLellan points out, they might be wise not to spend it all at once. While the likes of Marian Gaborik, Ales Hemsky, Jussi Jokinen or Mike Cammalleri could be had, McLellan believes the Yotes should think smaller and deeper. She suggests the likes of Brenden Morrow and Daniel Winnik would provide a better complement to the current Coyotes crop, that could also get an internal boost if 2013 first-rounder Max Domi makes the jump to the NHL. ' ' '

Cl11234566 n'est pas connecté  View user's profile Send private message
      Remonter...  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum La cave qui fait peur to make player acquisitions