Le refuge ^_^

Recherche Avancée...

Les Blogs ^_^ Forum S'enregistrer Liste des Membres Groupes d'utilisateurs L'herbier Logithèque
Chat Irc!
Jeux  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum Demande Béta-testeurs Outfielder Darin
      Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure  

Sam Jan 11, 2020 7:30
Message Auteur Message
Cl11234566
Moniteur
Moniteur

Sujet du message:  Outfielder Darin Répondre en citant

ALAMEDA, Calif. -- For a franchise with a frustrating history of post-season flops, the latest collapse sent the San Jose Sharks to a new low. The Sharks became the fourth team in NHL history to lose a best-of-seven series after winning the first three games, getting overwhelmed at home in a 5-1 loss in Game 7 on Wednesday night to start a pivotal off-season for a team looking to shed the label of playoff underachievers. "We obviously dont want to hear that kind of stuff, but what are we going to say? We were on the wrong side of history tonight," defenceman Brad Stuart said. "Its tough for us to argue with anything thats said. We let ourselves down, we let the fans down, we let everybody in our organization down. Its not a good feeling. Theres not really much else you can say about it." San Jose has the second most regular-season wins in the NHL the past 10 seasons but has never made it past the conference finals. There was the first-round loss to Anaheim in 2009 after posting the best record in the league in the regular season, second-round losses to inferior teams like Edmonton in 2006 and Dallas two years later, and three defeats in the conference final when that elusive Stanley Cup seemed so close. Yet this might have been the most bitter of all, considering it came against a fierce rival and after the Sharks looked so strong in taking a 3-0 series lead. "Every year you lose is pretty low, but this one is a type of series that will rip your heart out," forward Logan Couture said. "It hurts. Its going to be a long summer thinking about this one and what we let slip away." San Jose outscored the Kings 17-8 to win the first three games but was barely competitive in the final four contests. The Sharks were outscored 16-3 over the final 3 1/2 games to join Detroit (1942), Pittsburgh (1975) and Boston (2010) as the only teams to blow a 3-0 series lead. The only bright side might be that Detroit and Boston both won it all the year after their collapses. "Its just so disappointing that we were able to go up 3-0 and not find a way to have that killer instinct, to find a way to scrape and claw and win games like they did," Couture said. "Its tough saying it, but I think the better team won the series. They were better than us." The Sharks took the day off Thursday to regroup before going through the annual routine of exit meetings and cleanup on Friday where they will start looking for answers for why they fell short once again. Defenceman Dan Boyle might leave as a free agent and forward Marty Havlat could have the final year of his contract bought out. But the biggest questions will be about the status of coach Todd McLellan and general manager Doug Wilson. While the Sharks did a good job dealing with injuries to finish tied for the fourth-most points in the regular season, they couldnt get it done in the playoffs. "Im in charge, Im responsible for the group that performs on the ice," McLellan said. "I have to accept that responsibility. When we break down the series, Im not going to throw any individuals or group of individuals under the bus, because we lost it collectively. But Im responsible for that group." The biggest issue was the lack of production from the top players in the final four games. Captain Joe Thornton, linemate Brent Burns and Couture had no points in the final four games and Patrick Marleau and Joe Pavelski didnt have a goal or an assist in the last three. The power-play went 0-for-15 in the final three games, including four blown chances in the second period of Game 7 when the Sharks were either ahead or tied. It added up to a second straight Game 7 loss to the Kings. "We were a lot closer last year than we were this year," McLellan said. "Were kidding ourselves if we think we were closer this year, just because it went seven games. ... It wasnt even close. We had a core group of individuals that didnt get on the score sheet. Last year was a lot closer than it was this year." Larry Warford Jersey . -- The Jacksonville Jaguars are bringing back quarterback Chad Henne -- and making him the starter. Michael Ola Jersey . - Titans quarterback Jake Locker will miss the rest of the season with a Lisfranc injury to his right foot, leaving Tennessee trying to rally with Ryan Fitzpatrick. http://www.customsaintsjersey.com/custom-tyrone-hughes-jersey-large-1652e.html. -- The Detroit Lions made it crystal clear to Golden Tate that he was their top target in free agency. Chuck Muncie Jersey . He chirped to the caddie of Brandt Snedeker about their money game, a Mickelson tradition at the majors. Lefty was in good spirits Monday at the British Open, except for having to return the claret jug. Bruce Clark Jersey . -- LeBron James warned the Orlando Magic to stop double-teaming him and ignoring James Jones.BALTIMORE – Theres something about the pitching mound at Oriole Park. After losing Brett Cecil to groin tightness on Friday, the Blue Jays watched as R.A. Dickey removed himself from the game in the seventh inning on Saturday with the same problem. Dickey insisted the decision to excuse himself was as much preventative as anything else but the sight of the knuckleballer trudging off the field cast a further pall on a 3-2 loss to the Orioles. "I didnt want to jeopardize my next start," said Dickey. "I was probably out of the game after that next batter anyway so I decided it was probably in everybodys best interest to call it a day." The Blue Jays conclude their four-game set in Baltimore on Sunday and have an off-day on Monday before opening up a three-game series in New York. Dickey isnt scheduled to work again until Saturday in Cincinnati and hes hopeful the extra day will provide enough time for a full recovery. He saw a doctor after leaving the game and the diagnosis left Dickey feeling optimistic. He admitted, however, that he has never had a groin injury and therefore had no comparable to assess the degree of the problem. Meantime, Adam Lind fouled a pitch off the top of his right foot in the sixth inning. He finished the at-bat against Orioles starter Bud Norris, grounding out, and didnt return when his designated hitters spot came up again in the eighth. Dioner Navarro took his place. X-rays were negative, its a bone bruise, but Lind was noticeably hobbling after the game. "You can see the seams," said Lind of the bruise. "I didnt have a shin guard on or a foot guard so Ill be wearing one in the near future," said Lind. "I hit it pretty good. I hit it right on the sweet spot so it wasnt a soft liner off my foot. It was a pretty good one." Lind will ice the injury on Saturday night and didnt rule out playing on Sunday, although to the observer that would seem unlikely. Offensive Struggles Torontos offensive slump continued on Saturday. While the Jays got nine hits off five Orioles pitchers, the club stranded five runners in scoring position on the afternoon. Jose Bautista was thrown out at home trying to score from first base on Edwin Encarnacions one-out double in the eighth. Baltimore led 3-1 at the time. Chalk it up to a bad send by third base coach Luis Rivera, who was overaggressive in waving Bautista around, perhaps because everyone is pressing to try to generate runs. Toronto has lost six of eight games heading into Sundays series finale with the Orioles. At the time of this publishing, the Yankees were three games back of the Jays for top spot in the AL East (pending the result of their game on Saturday night in Oakland). Baltimore, in third place, closed the gap to three-and-a-half games. Left-hander J.A. Happ gets the Sunday start. The Orioles counter with right-hander Chris Tillman. McGowans First Save Dustin McGowan pitched the final inning and two-thirds of Friday nights 4-0 Blue Jays win over the Orioles, notching his first career big league save. He didnt know of his milestone, however, until after the game when Jose Bautista presented him with the baseball. The Jays led 4-0 in the eighth when McGowan replaced Brrett Cecil, who went down with a groin injury.ddddddddddddThe Orioles had two runners on, meaning the tying run was in the on deck circle, qualifying McGowan for the save. "I usually do," said McGowan when told he didnt know the rules for a save. "When I came in, I was just focused on getting the batter out." McGowans first pitch came in a 1-2 count to Baltimore slugger Chris Davis. Davis, like probably most in the ballpark, was expecting a fastball. What he got was a changeup on the outer half of the plate with plenty of movement. He flailed and struck out. "Yeah it was a good pitch," said McGowan. "It was the best pitch I could throw in that situation and luckily it worked out." McGowan had never had a save. Had he had a one-pitch strikeout before? "I dont think Ive ever had one of those either," said McGowan. "Probably the last one of those I get, too." Whats clear in his tone of voice and in his body language is McGowans at peace with his permanent move to the bullpen. He thrived in the role last season and in 11 relief appearances this year, McGowans allowed one earned run in 13 1/3 innings (0.68 ERA) while striking out eight and walking only one. Manager John Gibbons has said repeatedly he believes the life of a short man will lengthen McGowans career. "I think hes right," said McGowan. "Im recovering a lot better out of the bullpen and Im not throwing 100 pitches, which makes it a lot easier." The role suits McGowans personality, too. Hell throw his fastball at 95 miles per hour without worry. "Thats one thing you can do out of the bullpen. You can let it go," said McGowan. "When I was starting, I had to reserve some in the tank. Its fun letting it go, too. Its how Ive always been so it kind of works out good for me." Jays Fast-track Santos Return A day after manager John Gibbons indicated Sergio Santos would remain with Double-A New Hampshire for a third rehabilitation appearance, Santos was back with the Blue Jays on Saturday. The reason: Brett Cecil has a groin injury and while he hasnt been placed on the disabled list, Cecil wasnt available for Saturdays game against the Orioles and Dustin McGowan, who threw 1 2/3 innings on Friday evening, was available in a limited role. Outfielder Darin Mastroianni was optioned to Triple-A Buffalo to make roster space for Santos. Cecil was feeling better on Saturday but wasnt sure whether he would require a trip to the disabled list. Manager John Gibbons cant have a short bench and a short bullpen at the same time so a decision will have to be made soon. "A couple of days," said Gibbons. "Were short on our roster too with a position player." Mastroianni and Kevin Pillar, both right-handed hitting outfielders, are inside the 10-day option window, meaning neither can return to the Blue Jays unless they replace a player whos gone on the disabled list. Pillar was part of a centerfield platoon with left-handed hitting Anthony Gose in the absence of Colby Rasmus. The absence of a dedicated fourth outfielder means Gibbons would turn to Steve Tolleson to take an outfield spot in the event a late-game replacement is needed. ' ' '

Cl11234566 n'est pas connecté  View user's profile Send private message
      Remonter...  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum Demande Béta-testeurs Outfielder Darin