Le refuge ^_^

Recherche Avancée...

Les Blogs ^_^ Forum S'enregistrer Liste des Membres Groupes d'utilisateurs L'herbier Logithèque
Chat Irc!
Jeux  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum Le garde manger We should have
      Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure  

Mar Jan 21, 2020 7:37
Message Auteur Message
Cl11234566
Moniteur
Moniteur

Sujet du message:  We should have Répondre en citant

The second hardest aspect of being a football analyst is when you have to be critical of players in a direct way on national TV. As a former player, I know how that can aggravate and make a difficult situation even worse and I only express those types of thoughts when truly the moment or scenario demands. Still, what is more difficult is to try to comment on what happened in Ottawa and try to express thought to convey sympathy and strength to those involved. The insignificance of football was so evident in trying to create a moment of contentment for those viewing TSN early Friday night. At times you can be at a loss for words, as a priority is to not offend but only to support. I do want to compliment all involved in the ceremony before kickoff, as it was not too much or too little. I thought it was just right, if there is an evaluation possible. I did feel a sense of respect; an appreciation and understanding that what I take for granted others have paid a price for. Unfortunately as a human, I will probably, over time, take it for granted again but maybe not in the same way. Well done to the Ottawa Redblacks and those involved. Well done on Friday night. In Montreal, the turnaround is now becoming the best story of the 2014 season. From 1-7 to 7-1, which with two games to go means the Alouettes are 8-8 and they just may win the East. Key decisions made to bring in Jeff Garcia as quarterback coach, have Ryan Dinwiddie move upstairs to oversee and call the plays, and not change from the decisions has produced a winning team. Over the first eight games of the season, they had an average 15 points scored a game. In the last eight games; 25 points per game. First eight games; 258 yards and now 317 yards. 23 sacks allowed in the first eight and going into Fridays game, only six. And the Alouettes now are masters of taking the ball away and not giving it up. John Hufnagel and Chris Jones will be given high consideration for CFL Coach of the Year, but if Montreal continues its winning ways all the way to the Grey Cup and wins, then Tom Higgins deserves the recognition. Players win games more than coaches but the turnaround in Montreal needs calm leadership. Thats Tom Higgins. Calgary 40, Saskatchewan 23 was slightly misleading to me, as the fourth quarter interceptions changed the game. Kerry Joseph was 21 of 37 for 322 yards and two touchdowns -- if we could just stop right there! But add the three interceptions and its game over. Still, a good move to give quarterbacking responsibilities to Joseph and I have been impressed. He took some good shots in the game and jumped up fast looking for more. At 41, he is too old to play 18 games but he has a maturity and presence about him that offsets his age. Darian Durant is the past, present and future of Rider football and I think we will see him again before this season is over, but I give Joseph a ton of respect to walking into a difficult situation and doing what he can do to try to make an awkward season into a good one. For Calgary, they are the best team in the league and to win 14 games with all the adversity and injury that goes into a season is a remarkable accomplishment. With Winnipeg and Calgary left, an 18-2 season would set a new standard of CFL football excellence. Tom Higgins, John Hufnagel and Chris Jones run very good organizations in completely different ways. In Toronto, the Argos were ready to play. It was 15-0 at one point, with 11 first downs to one and 11 minutes to four in terms of time of possession by the end of the first quarter. The Argonauts were ready to play and not so much that the Hamilton Tiger-Cats were not, as I had concluded at the end of their 109 yard drive for a touchdown that all confidence and momentum had shifted. Zach Collaros can play quarterback and his 23 for 36 and 335 yards says so. But the Ticats had 12 yards rushing and without a balance of some type you cant win consistently. The Argos had 80 yards from Steve Slaton on his own and that running effect changed the game. Reality is that Toronto is 7-9 and Hamilton is 7-9, a disappointing seasons so far. But with Hamilton, the plan is in place and over the time this year and next they will improve. Its a different issue with Toronto. They need a home and a physical presence in the city that is rock solid and consistent. If you could see the football facilities that the Edmonton Eskimos have you understand why they are 11-5. When you relive all the different locations the Argonauts have had to use and how they have been abused, you understand why they are 7-9. And finally; Winnipeg and BC. Sometimes repetition creates a reality that cant be ignored. Drew Willy is the future, Paris Cotton played well as a running back and Winnipeg cant stop a run game even when they know a run game is coming. It happened again, as BC closed out their game at Winnipeg with Keola Antolin and his 80 yards. The Lions are a sneaky, dangerous team. They have maturity at quarterback with Kevin Glenn, a proven pressure kicker in Paul Mccallum, a surprise physical receiver in Ernest Jackson (62, 220 lbs) and a very good defense. They are tied with Saskatchewan in point total with 18 but have two games to play; the Riders only one. Mack Strong Jersey Store . Louis against the Blues. The Canucks picked up their second straight victory in the swings opener on Tuesday in Calgary before getting routed in Minnesota last night, 5-1. Paul Martha Jersey Store . A night later, he was back to help lead a rout of the Detroit Pistons. John Wall had 20 points and 11 assists, and Beal scored 10 of his 15 points during the second quarter as Washington pulled away for a 106-82 victory on Saturday. https://www.chinacheapjerseys.net/alfred-malone-jersey-store/. The 55th-ranked Istomin saved 11 of 14 break points to win in just over two hours, setting up a second round meeting with Australian Marinko Matosevic. It was the Uzbeks third win in three matches against fifth-seeded Kohlschreiber, the 2007 and 2012 tournament winner. Cedric Killings Jersey Store . At times during a solid but not spectacular season, they looked all three. Still the defending AFC champions persevered, riding their top-ranked defence and key contributions from younger players to a 12-4 record and their eighth playoff appearance since 2000, remarkable consistency in a league where change is the only constant. Brandon Jones Jersey Store . Stevenson scored the first three goals of the game in the first period for Regina (35-22-6), which has won eight of its last 10 games. Patrick DAmico added two for the Pats, Braden Christoffer had a single and Morgan Klimchuk chipped in a goal and four assists.ATLANTA - The Atlanta Hawks have shown they can beat up on the NBAs weaker teams.This time, they took down one with a more impressive resume.Al Horford scored 21 points, including a huge jumper with just under a minute remaining, and the streaking Hawks won for the 10th time in 11 games with a 93-86 victory over the Chicago Bulls on Monday night.Atlanta had a nine-game winning streak — its longest since 1997 — until Orlando hit a buzzer-beating shot Saturday night for a 100-99 victory.But that run, as impressive as it was, came with a very large asterisk: None of the teams the Hawks beat had a winning record.That wasnt the case with the Bulls, who came in with three straight wins and just behind Atlanta in the Eastern Conference standings.Each night we want to have the same expectations, the same standards, no matter who were playing, Atlanta coach Mike Budenholzer said. But its always good to be tested by some of the teams were going to be playing now.The Hawks led most of the way, yet never by more than 10 points. After Taj Gibsons dunk with 1:13 remaining brought the Bulls to 87-84, Horford got loose for a 19-footer on the wing and knocked it down.It was about time, Horford said with a smile. I missed a few of them around the elbow area that I normally make. They kept going in and out, in and out. Percentages, I guess. I was due to hit one. It was a big shot for us.Pau Gasol put back his own miss to make it 89-86 with 23.7 seconds left, giving the Bulls one more chance. Jimmy Butler made a huge defensive play, leaping high in the air to stuff an attempted crosscourt pass from Kyle Korver, who had a couple of teammates wide open near the basket. The Atlanta player recovered from his miscue, getting his hands on the ball, too, as both players tumbled to the court to force a jump ball.Even though Butler won the tip, Paul Millsap swooped in to snatch the ball away for Atlanta.The Hawkks sealed the victory at the foul line, ending Chicagos three-game winning streak.dddddddddddd The Bulls had won six straight over the Hawks, including a sweep of all four games last season.Millsap added 17 points for Atlanta.Butler led Chicago with 22 and Gibson added 15, but Derrick Rose was held to 14 points on 6-of-21 shooting. The Hawks focused on keeping the Bulls star from penetrating the lane, forcing him to settle for jumpers.It wasnt his night.Shots I normally hit, tonight they were flat, Rose said. I just didnt have any lift to them. I guarantee you next game that wont happen.___TIP INSBulls: Joakim Noah sat out his fourth straight game with an injured right ankle. ... Rose missed his first five shots. He finally made the scoresheet on a drive with 7:09 left in the second quarter. ... The Bulls had won their last six games against the Hawks by an average of 15.8 points. ... The teams meet two more times this season, both in Chicago.Hawks: Atlanta had to go without backup centre Pero Antic, who was sidelined with flu-like symptoms. ... With Antic out, 35-year-old Elton Brand was one of the first guys off the bench. He had eight points and two rebounds in 13 1/2 minutes. ... DeMarre Carroll picked up a technical foul early in the second quarter for griping about a foul call while defending the baseline. ... The Hawks had 26 assists, the 22nd time in 24 games theyve dished out at least 20.QUOTABLEWe put ourselves in the hole. We should have had the lead a long time ago. Dont get me wrong, theyre a great team. But we should have made sure we came out a little more aggressive at the beginning of the game. — Rose on the Hawks, who grabbed the lead for good with 6:53 left in the opening quarter.UP NEXTBulls: Host the New York Knicks on Thursday.Hawks: Play at the Cleveland Cavaliers on Wednesday.___Follow Paul Newberry on Twitter at www.twitter.com/pnewberry1963 ' ' '

Cl11234566 n'est pas connecté  View user's profile Send private message
      Remonter...  

Le refuge ^_^ Index du Forum Le garde manger We should have